Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1931.jpg
IMG_1925.jpg
IMG_1926.jpg
image.jpg
image-195.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider filthypierre.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi,

Last couple of times I've played my STLE, when I hit start to start a new game, the drop target goes up and down 3 times, while the Vengeance drops forward like it's been hit, three times. After that, the ball feeds to the plunger, and the Vengeance resets to normal up position. The drop target stays down, and stays down for most of the time. The first time you get a ball in under the Vengeance, it immediately starts Vengeance multiball. Occasionally, and I say very occasionally, a ball will go in and the target will come up and stay. Unfortunately, sometimes this happens in the middle of Vengeance mode and the shooter at the back of the Vengeance will fire the ball back, only to hit the drop target and fire straight up and hit the Vengeance, or fire over the front of the drop target to land somewhere down on the playfield or crash into something. Once it jumped over into the pops. Not good.

In diags, whenever you hit the select button to bring the target up, it comes up but immediately goes straight back down. If I recall correctly, it's supposed to stay up until you give it a "Down" command.

Any ideas what to check? Seems like a sensor or switch I guess. Anybody else seen this?

Cheers,

FP

#3 9 years ago

Ha, that'd be right. Thanks for the tip, I will check it out. Probably have to go through Aussie distributor to get the part though. Cheers, FP.

#8 9 years ago

Thanks for all the tips fellas, I will check those out as well. Cheers, FP.

1 week later
#10 9 years ago

Well I finally got a chance to work on her this weekend just gone. Funnily enough (or typically), when I played a game before I ejected the balls, the drop target behaved properly for the first few minutes, then did the down/up/down/up thing a few times.

Anyway, I pulled the drop target assembly out and it appears to have been the latch problem as described in tech bulletin 165 above. I saw the screw that holds the black plastic latch to the metal bracket. At first it looked like it was maybe touching the drop target and causing it to not latch properly but examination under a magnifying glass showed that it wasn't interfering with the target at all... close but not quite. In the end I did what the tech bulletin said - I pulled the latch off and put two small washers underneath to raise the latch by about 1/16". Interestingly, there was a grey card shim underneath when I removed it. This is obviously an attempt to fix the issue, but not quite on the mark. Once I'd put it back together, it all plays as it should, with no spurrious down/up/down/up/downs.

Thanks for all the suggestions, looks like it's behaving itself now, but time will tell.

Cheers,

FP

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider filthypierre.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-drop-target-wont-stay-up?tu=filthypierre and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.