ussflagg-1.jpg
DSC09788.JPG
DSC09787.JPG
STLE 005.JPG
STLE 007.JPG
STLE 003.JPG
STLE 006.JPG
STLE 004.JPG
There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 10 years ago
Quoted from Admiral:

On a related note, what is the white vertical post up-field from the Enterprise for?
It shows up clearly on SaminVA's excellent pictures, but I can't figure out for the life of me what its purpose is.

I have the same on my STLE, and cannot guess at its function. Perhaps it is used as a ball deflect for some air balls before they hit the Enterprise?

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

you guys have a really nice machine/LE but i have to agree the ship doesn't look that great.
i have the hallmark installed and looks a lot better IMO and in a better spot.

I thought about adding the Hallmark Enterprise but I felt the Stern one was not that bad, as such I did not feel there was that much difference in detail with it and the Hallmark version. Plus, at approximately 5 inches the Hallmark Enterprise feels disproportionately small compared to the other ships (Vengeance and Klingon Bird-of-Prey). I did add the Hallmark U.S.S. Kelvin as it was around 8 inches long, thus seemed okay.

#253 10 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

I thought about adding the Hallmark Enterprise but I felt the Stern one was not that bad, as such I did not feel there was that much difference in detail with it and the Hallmark version. Plus, at approximately 5 inches the Hallmark Enterprise feels disproportionately small compared to the other ships (Vengeance and Klingon Bird-of-Prey). I did add the Hallmark U.S.S. Kelvin as it was around 8 inches long, thus seemed okay.

fair enough, in the movie the vengeance is a lot bigger, not the same size as the enterprise but i do agree with the bird of prey, probably too big but does the job very well!

#254 10 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

I did add the Hallmark U.S.S. Kelvin as it was around 8 inches long, thus seemed okay.

Pics please?

#255 10 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

In the movies the Enterprise is less then half the size of the Vengeance so the hallmark Enterprise is more to the correct scale then the one that comes with the LE (I know it's a nerd thing) and the hallmark Enterprise comes with a bottom, just kidding.

#256 10 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

I have the same on my STLE, and cannot guess at its function. Perhaps it is used as a ball deflect for some air balls before they hit the Enterprise?

It's there to prevent a ball hangup in case an errant airball ends up trying to hang up there.

#257 10 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I wanted to apologize to Zitt and Iceman for my tirade on this thread. It was a product of a bad day and I should have stayed off the forum all together. I love my ST LE, big trekkie and I let my mood dictate foolish comments and for that I'm sorry.

I accept your apology... and hope your LE gets much love over the holidays.
Mine may.... if I get caught up on the Mirror Universe (not likely). Might just have to MAKE the time when the Pinblades come in.

#258 10 years ago

OP: originally I was thinking: to each their own. Too bad this guy isn't happy with the Enterprise.

-then I noticed that the Enterprise is facing away from the player. To even notice the shape of the LEDs, you'd have to be standing on the wrong end of the pin, looking back at the player.

Maybe you're being a little too critical?

#259 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

In the movies the Enterprise is less then half the size of the Vengeance so the hallmark Enterprise is more to the correct scale then the one that comes with the LE (I know it's a nerd thing) and the hallmark Enterprise comes with a bottom, just kidding.

I agree, yet with the size of the Klingon Bird-of-Prey (which is too large) the size if the Hallmark Enterrprise just did not feel right.

I will get a picture of the USS Kelvin as soon as I can.

#260 10 years ago

I didn't understand why stern chose to put an enterprise which was disproportionate to the vengence. maybe had they used something smaller (w/ correct portions) they could have also increased the level of detail and quality of the piece.

#261 10 years ago

I think if they had 2 ships the size of the Vengence, it would have covered up half of the playfield. Seems like a good movie that all ships are not the size of the Vengence.

#262 10 years ago

I thought this relevant

image.jpgimage.jpg
#263 10 years ago

Its all made up! There is no real difference to measure. Play the game!

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

I thought this relevant

image.jpg 87 KB

well according to that chart. Seems like things are spot on.

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

-then I noticed that the Enterprise is facing away from the player. To even notice the shape of the LEDs, you'd have to be standing on the wrong end of the pin, looking back at the player.
Maybe you're being a little too critical?

It's an LE. not a Pro. It's a "collectors" piece; not a player quality Pro.
Yeah; I'm being critical... but honestly; it's the first thing I noticed looking at the machine... once you get past the blinky lites.

You're entitled to your opinion - mine is my own.
I remain firmly DISAPPOINTED in the way the enterprise is portrayed in the PF toy.
Now; If I can just fine an inexpensive JJ-prize...

#266 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

It's an LE. not a Pro. It's a "collectors" piece; not a player quality Pro.
Yeah; I'm being critical... but honestly; it's the first thing I noticed looking at the machine... once you get past the blinky lites.
You're entitled to your opinion - mine is my own.
I remain firmly DISAPPOINTED in the way the enterprise is portrayed in the PF toy.
Now; If I can just fine an inexpensive JJ-prize...

I agree with you 100%! I also think that Stern should spend time and money dressing up the underside of the cabinet so I have something to stare at when I'm levelling the legs!
Seriously though: I think you are entitled to complain about anything you can see from the players vantage point.
Maybe even "Player 2"s vantage point while he/she wait for their turn.
IF, however you're complaining about the shape of the LEDs on a side of a toy that's not even visible to the player, you're now talking about something so minor that it should be up to you to pay for the upgrade/mod.

Cherrywood desk syndrome. Not worth it.

#267 10 years ago

Player2 does look at my Enterprise when waiting turn. All depends how you have your gameroom setup.
Basically if Player2 waits anywhere other than behind Player1... then observant people will notice.

#268 10 years ago

Suck it up. If it didn't come with an entetprise toy in it everyone would be whining that it should have one in it. If it didnt have the star field laser projector everyone would be saying it should have one, or something else.

Its a great machine regardless of the toys, trim, and extras. Its about gameplay, the extra bits are just the icing on the cake. That what an LE is, the same basic machine as a pro wrapped up in a prettier package.
Thats why they cost extra. If you don't like it, change it. Or don't buy one. But bashing it or those that do or don't like it is just plain rude.
This is a useless post. That was just asking for an arguement.

Damned if you do damned if you don't. Type of posts like this that need to be removed. It serves no purpose to the pinball community. This is not a tech issue, or a repair tip. Its complaining about the quality of a toy. That you would still complain about if it wasnt there to begin with.

Don't like it fix it! Count yourself lucky to be able to have an LE.

Just post... hey I'm not happy with how the thing looks. Can I change it or can someone point me in the right direction to mod it?

Pinside has a huge case of posts that are basically those that think everyone must agree with them, and if you don't they will insult and bully anyone that has a differece in opinion.
Pinside was a great forum at one time, now it is a joke. There are those that help, but that is few and far between now.
Ashamed of all these posts. None of them are adult discussions. Just puffing out your chests and seeing who has the bigger D!@%.

Pinsides genepool could use some chlorine.
So pissed off, dissapointed and ashamed at what B.S. goes on here.

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from erak:

who has the bigger D!@%.

Did i win?

#270 10 years ago

No but you get extra points for self knowledge.

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

I thought this relevant

The Vengeance is crooked, is that poster the Pro or the LE?
If it's the LE I would expect a little more attention to detail.

#272 10 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Pinside has a huge case of posts that are basically those that think everyone must agree with them, and if you don't they will insult and bully anyone that has a differece in opinion.

+1

#273 10 years ago

Xactly I voiced my Opinion and all I get is bullies
Haters are out in full force on pinside

#274 10 years ago

I can't believe there aren't some really good options out there for modding. <<BTW If there are, please direct me. I've seen the hallmark and it looks pretty good. Kinda looking for a really nice one myself to add to the pro I have coming. I would think there would be some very high quality reproductions out there.

I completely understand where you're coming from BTW Zitt. For 8K the expectations are high, the toys should be top quality.

#276 10 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Pinside was a great forum at one time, now it is a joke. There are those that help, but that is few and far between now.
Ashamed of all these posts. None of them are adult discussions. Just puffing out your chests and seeing who has the bigger D!@%.
Pinsides genepool could use some chlorine.
So pissed off, dissapointed and ashamed at what B.S. goes on here.

Pinside is no different to anywhere humans congregate.

You get 500 people in a pub, 450 will be fine, 50 will be trouble.

When I joined Pinside, there were lucky to be 20 people online at one time. 19 were fine, 1 was a dick. Same ratio.

Everyone can have an opinion. But agreed, some people are "THIS IS MY OPINION AND EVERYONE WHO DOESNT AGREE WITH ME IS A DICK AND MUST DIE" sort of thing.

Personally I can't fathom that attitude ... But hey, maybe it's just me. After 25 years in retail and meeting 10,000s of customers, I guess you learn to look at both sides of an discussion. Hard to do that if you live at home with your mom and never see the sunlight

rd

#277 10 years ago

I am sorry for the delay...

I should note again, though, that right now I just have some museum putty holding the USS Kelvin down, which works well but does not look very nice. When time permits I hope to add something a bit more stylish to hold the ship down.

ST Kelvin 1.JPGST Kelvin 1.JPG
ST Kelvin 2.JPGST Kelvin 2.JPG
ST Kelvin 3.JPGST Kelvin 3.JPG
ST Vengeance and Klingon B-o-P.JPGST Vengeance and Klingon B-o-P.JPG

#278 10 years ago

I like the dirty wash they did on that ship. Looks nice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-disappointed/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.