ussflagg-1.jpg
DSC09788.JPG
DSC09787.JPG
STLE 005.JPG
STLE 007.JPG
STLE 003.JPG
STLE 006.JPG
STLE 004.JPG
There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah I have 90 ... Back in the day I was buying a lot of my games for $1000 each. The STLE is $13,500 NZ dollars so I got 13.5 pins for the same price.
I made a stance that I wasn't going to pay $13,500 nzd for a pinball machine so I haven't. I made my point strongly with the NZ distributors and hopefully they got the message. The Premium is now being quoted $1000 nzd less than it was before.
I've never dissed the game though, it's ok. I'm just not going to pay $13,500 bucks for one.
One day I may get a pro, Premium or even a used LE from the states and ship it in. Time will tell.
are.

KUDOS to you. I have also made a stance in that regard. Only way prices are going to come back down, is if we stop buying and they figure out they have gouged to much.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

KUDOS to you. I have also made a stance in that regard. Only way prices are going to come back down, is if we stop buying and they figure out they have gouged to much.

Good to see someone else has worked it out, Neo

If there were 700 STLE sitting at distributors, unsold ... The price would come down.

Instead, people can't help themselves and go and buy them. In case they miss out or something. Maybe they were neglected as children? I dunno.

Don't buy ... Send a message that the price is too high.

Do buy ... Send a message "I'm happy with these prices, feel free to try another price increase and see how it goes"

rd.

#53 10 years ago

image-134.jpgimage-134.jpg

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What do you mean "you people"?

What do you mean...what do you mean...YOU PEOPLE?

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

And WTF is that supposed to mean? I just received my WOZ and it's an awesome game unlike the POSs that Stern is cranking out. Let them put out a game that is anywhere near as good and I might step up. I took the chance on X-Men and sold the turd within 2 weeks. The future Is Jack and PPB not Stern.

Oh god. I love JJ too, but. This is ridiculous. they both have their place.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

For 3.5k; I expected a more accurate Enterprise with some attention to detail.

Easy fix, sell the freaking over priced turd !

#57 10 years ago

Reading these threads are better then watching the fake fights in HARDCORE PAWN. LOL. ON THIS EPISODE OF HARDCORE PINSIDERS...... Now where's my popcorn? And........ACTION.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

I do see what you are saying, though. You have to admit, however, that the siderails are pretty great, and backglass is top notch.

What does it say, then, when they put so much effort into the lighting and decoration and so little on the playfield? Two foil balls and a $20 model? There's just not much there for so much money.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from CarShark:

There's just not much there for so much money.

Right, I agree, but your not buying the BOM, you are buying the L in STLE for that extra cash.

-Wes

#60 10 years ago

Hey Zitt you're a douchebag, this might be the worst posting I've ever read on Pinside and might be the last one I read. WOW I can see not being overwhelmed by ST LE but to go so far as to make it out like it's a bad game is just foolish. Now to wanker #2 zr11990 take you're WOZ and you know what you can do with it. Yellow brick road, come on man. ST LE is awesome, end of story.

Post edited by robin : Ban vote issued. This is really not the type of behaviour that will keep you on Pinside very long.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What do you mean "you people"?

OK, now that's funny.
Terry.

#62 10 years ago

Isn't this suppose to be a happy time of year? Whew

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Hey Zitt you're a douchebag, this might be the worst posting I've ever read on Pinside and might be the last one I read. WOW I can see not being overwhelmed by ST LE but to go so far as to make it out like it's a bad game is just foolish. Now to wanker #2 zr11990 take you're WOZ and you know what you can do with it. Yellow brick road, come on man. ST LE is awesome, end of story.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Like I said, an idiot in every crowd...........

#65 10 years ago

happy holidays...

dddd-22.gifdddd-22.gif
#66 10 years ago
Quoted from CarShark:

What does it say, then, when they put so much effort into the lighting and decoration and so little on the playfield? Two foil balls and a $20 model? There's just not much there for so much money.

that's because you need my baked potato mod.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

by the lame "Enterprise" that they so boasted about.
Yeah; it has LEDs... but could they not make the ship a little more realistic?
Way to phone in the blue LED on the Brussard collectors. They didn't embed the LEDs behind a lens; just kinda hung them on the front on the Nacelles as if we are suppose to use our imagination,

Sorry to hear you don't like the ship. I was impressed when I saw it. Bigger than I expected it to be.
So I was playing tonight and had a look at the LEDs you don't like.
I just don't get where you're coming from. I think they look fine as is.

Wonder if someone will make a mod that's more your style?

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Todays post was brought you by the fine fellows at Stern gaming. "remember...if it's a Stern, it's not Jack"

#69 10 years ago

I am happy

Merry Christmas everyone

#70 10 years ago

Holy crap... What a mess.. Really? Some xmas frustrations coming out.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like I said, an idiot in every crowd...........

Another WOZ owner speaks. I think you have proven to most people that you're the idiot on Pinside. sorry Iceman but its true, foolish comments and Stern bashing not to mention the JJP worship over that kiddie pin. GFYSelf.

#72 10 years ago

if it's any consolation....both JJP and Stern are way to high of price for what you actually get. So they are both good at making your star into a circle.

#73 10 years ago

This is a good thread.

#74 10 years ago

Coming from the genius that Hasselhoff is that really hurts my feelings

Happy, happy, happy!

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Hey Zitt you're a douchebag, this might be the worst posting I've ever read on Pinside and might be the last one I read.

Grow up. Thanks for the name calling little boy.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Sorry to hear you don't like the ship. I was impressed when I saw it. Bigger than I expected it to be.
So I was playing tonight and had a look at the LEDs you don't like.
I just don't get where you're coming from. I think they look fine as is.
Wonder if someone will make a mod that's more your style?

NuEnterpriseBlueNacelles[1].jpgNuEnterpriseBlueNacelles[1].jpg
The blue is recessed in the model with a oval lens.

Not a standard blue LED shoved in a hole.
Blue-LEd4-300x225[1].jpgBlue-LEd4-300x225[1].jpg

Agreed; I guess is marginally better than nothing. I just wish they'd put a little more effort into the model.

#77 10 years ago

It's Star Trek, hasn't it been done before??

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Agreed; I guess is marginally better than nothing. I just wish they'd put a little more effort into the model.

That ship that's the Hallmark ornament this year is way nicer, proper shapes that are lit. Was checking it out at a Hallmark store today. Seems a reasonable baseline to meet to me, if they can do it anyone can.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Yet you people keep buying Stern games. I played ST once and walked away.

Love the anonymous Negative Nellies.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

And WTF is that supposed to mean? I just received my WOZ and it's an awesome game unlike the POSs that Stern is cranking out. Let them put out a game that is anywhere near as good and I might step up. I took the chance on X-Men and sold the turd within 2 weeks. The future Is Jack and PPB not Stern.

Quoted from Hazoff:

Gooood... gooood.... let the hate flow through you...

Only your hatred can destroy Stern/JJP... (you have to pick one)

#81 10 years ago

This just in:

Xbox One/PS4 is better than PS4/Xbox One

#82 10 years ago

But 360.still rules them all!

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Hey Zitt you're a douchebag, this might be the worst posting I've ever read on Pinside and might be the last one I read

Good.

rd

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

... this might be the worst posting I've ever read on Pinside and might be the last one I read. ...

make it so!

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I figured it too... I just wish I had the space to join that club, or find a warehouse nearby at a bargain price and start accumulating jewels from my "golden age": most Ballys and Zaccarias from the 80's, add a few EM for variety, a touch of Williams (Whirlwind is on its way), some nice proven Sterns (already got LOTR and WPT... need TSPP and ACDC, possibly X-men) and not to forget my Gottlieb Stargate, Nemo and Predator...

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Easy fix, sell the freaking over priced turd !

And buy an MMR

#88 10 years ago

I'm enjoying my popcorn this is fantastic!!!

Joe(acejedi)

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Ice9ers:

And buy an MMR

Even a bigger overpriced ... machine.

#90 10 years ago

Why do you guys always eat popcorn, how about some hotdogs?

4f0b11962d037.image.jpg4f0b11962d037.image.jpg

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

NuEnterpriseBlueNacelles[1].jpg 6 KB

Blue-LEd4-300x225[1].jpg 3 KB

Zitt is correct, wile the ship doesn't look too bad from the players point of view if you take a closer look it's not a complete ship, it's missing the freaking bottom. Wile I don't expect Stern to put a master model reproduction in the game , for almost 8 grand they could have done a little better. Just sticking a few LED's on a half ass ship is kinda lame. But I still love the game.

#92 10 years ago

...life is good to be discussing/arguing the finer points on an $8000 pinball machine.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Zitt is correct, wile the ship doesn't look too bad from the players point of view if you take a closer look it's not a complete ship, it's missing the freaking bottom. Wile I don't expect Stern to put a master model reproduction in the game , for almost 8 grand they could have done a little better. Just sticking a few LED's on a half ass ship is kinda lame. But I still love the game.

Well better to have some small letdowns on the toys (especially the non-essential ones) than in the actual gameplay.
Glad you're enjoying it.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from ritewhereiwant2b:

...life is good to be discussing/arguing the finer points on an $8000 pinball machine.

Yup. It's a first world kinda thang ...can't beat it

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

This is why WoZ people get so much shit on here.

The strange thing is that Stern are selling bucket loads at the moment as their games are fun to play.

That said QC needs to improve and their communication about code updates is truly mind blowingly awful!!! Such an easy thing to do that would generate more sales - type a few lines on FB.

Of course they don't have time to monitor FB

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If there were 700 STLE sitting at distributors, unsold ... The price would come down.
Instead, people can't help themselves and go and buy them. In case they miss out or something. Maybe they were neglected as children? I dunno.
Don't buy ... Send a message that the price is too high.
Do buy ... Send a message "I'm happy with these prices, feel free to try another price increase and see how it goes"
rd.

Agree. I think they got lucky with STLE in that SR has made a great game. Doubt they will sell 500 Mustang LE at these prices. Prediction - Mustang LE will be at least $500 cheaper.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Hey Zitt you're a douc... drivel snipped

Dayum, sounds to me like if I kicked Gary really hard in the azz it would knock your teeth out.
Relax and take a load off those knees will ya.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Go back to the original STLE thread and almost everyone who said "$8000 for an LE!! I'm out!!" has gone and bought one.
That's the way to show the man who's boss!
rd.

Except me. I stuck with the pro. Had the LE been around $7000, $6800 or whatever shipped, I would have bought one and probably would still buy one. Happy enough with the pro this time around. Premium is out for me at the moment. I dont like the red, although the new red does look better. Nor do I like the translite or cabinet art on the premium.

#99 10 years ago

Can this thread be about the game in the thread title?

Anyway.... I'm sorry to here your disappointed in your new game to some degree. I did not buy one, but would love to own one some day. Maybe I will pick up a used pro down the road. The price on all new pins is out of control.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Except me. I stuck with the pro. Had the LE been around $7000, $6800 or whatever shipped, I would have bought one and probably would still buy one. Happy enough with the pro this time around. Premium is out for me at the moment. I dont like the red, although the new red does look better. Nor do I like the translite or cabinet art on the premium.

If STLE was the same price as Xmen LE, Avengers LE, Transformers LE there would be one in my gamesroom right now.

But it wasn't.

So there isn't.

rd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-disappointed/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.