Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Eskaybee
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SolarRide.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 10 years ago

whodunnit (skulz got junkyard)

Quoted from sk8ball:

How many games award repetitive skill shots? So if I hit the lit skill shot lane on Metallica, the bumper pops it back through I get two skill shots?

#69 10 years ago

Actually, the prototype JY software was great. The DOG was capped (around 1M or so) and it had T2's payback time (except at 500K not 5M like in T2) as one of the time machine awards. So Outer Space was actually meaningful (it eventually gets dwarfed by the DOG in later software). Inexplicably, the video mode cap was lifted in later revisions and Payback Time was removed ???

To each their own, I like whodunnit. Especially the early software where you could steal your opponent's jackpots and they were not capped at 500M or 250M.

I hope they don't correct the ST skillshot bug Keith found when they add the additional warp awards.

Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

If those games have it, it's even more reason to think it's a mistake in ST haha

1 week later
#117 10 years ago

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I would like to see a virtual kickback in the next update for the ST Pro and the ability to stack kickbacks (like in Bally WCS) on both the Pro (assuming they add a kickback in the first place for the pro in the next update) and Non-Pros in the next update.

1 week later
#134 10 years ago

Steve, I haven't had a chance to play version 1.4 yet. It sounds like they don't view the lack of 4x scoring through shot doublers in conjunction with the 2x combos as a bug and so they haven't changed this in v1.4 right ?

Thank you.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just wanted to add this to the suggestions thread. Lots of good ideas in this thread and all around pinside. I'm pretty happy with what Steve Ritchie, Lonnie, and tanio have brought to the table so far, and even more confident that they will continue working their magic.
For me, here's the Bottom line: Rules need more width, scoring strategies, and stacking potential.
Width: more to do than just one mission after the next. As of now; 18 missions are a bit of a grind.
Scoring strategies: risk/reward - build up of jackpots of some sort that the player must choose if it's a good time to collect or not and not wait too long to collect and risk losing it all. Also adding the punch it to combos - for example, during vengeance scoring, if you hit a ramp - then punch it - then hit the vengeance you can get a triple bonus. Add a 2X pf shot in that combination for even more points!
Stacking potential: more combination strategies of stacking one mode to the next but not too overwhelming where a player has no idea what's going on. (A good Example would be, having super ramps active, a mission running , a side objective running like hit the warp ramp 5 times, another objective like building a jackpot to collect later on then starting vengeance or Klingon mb). What about a way to start a random mission during a mb?
I understand stacking is very tricky in a mode based game, but those are my thoughts in a nutshell.
SKB

#136 10 years ago

Thanks. IMHO I would say you've earned your 4x and don't view it as an exploit, but the programmers may feel otherwise. You can a) shoot a shot followed by another shot for 2x or
b) go through all 3 levels of a mode to get 2x without it being a hurry-up and not doubling wizard mode values like a) does

As of v1.3 and possibly v1.4, I think I'll choose a) , and I doubt I'm alone.
Also, look at SM with easily accessible 3x scoring from completion of Bonesaw via spinner and/or jets; or Metallica with 4x scoring. Both games are valid tournament games. So with these as predecessors, I really don't see an issue with 4x ST scoring in tournaments.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not sure. They have to be careful with scoring strategies so that there aren't any major exploits. These games are out and being used in competitions and tournaments. It took Lyman a long time to get acdc scoring right and he's still not fully satisfied with it.
I expect will see some creative scoring possibilities using the level III 2X pf rewards as code comes full circle.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SolarRide.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-code-suggestions-thread?tu=SolarRide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.