Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Eskaybee
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PlayPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 10 years ago

If Stern doesn't fix the kick back I might lose my mind. Not just a ball save when it screams past but make it functional. Otherwise my choice almost leans to the Pro even though I got the LE and love it mostly. It is just so clunky and seems sort of biffy even at slow speed balls. I am starting to wish they had left it off. Which sucks because I would love it if it worked at any ball speed. Especially because they included 5 difficulty settings for it in the adjustments which is great(ships on extra easy by the way). I set mine to medium and like it much better. I am concerned they might not be able to make it work right without 2 switches and a timing algorithm to calc. correct plunger timing. There is a big diff. between a ball which barely dribbles in and one which enters at light speed. I am getting the feeling we are going to be stuck with a biffy kickback for this reason which gets a short ball save to compensate.
A few other gripes: Where is the ball lock animations? I really miss those. I dont want just to just see words " ball x locked". Need to make this cooler for sure. Also completing the letters TREK seem to do nothing? My warp chase lights dont come on at all sometimes with warp shot. I want to see those every time a warp is increased and stay on a bit longer as others have said. Many great ideas here, love the warp M.B. at 9.9 suggestion!!!
Dont want to come accross too harsh here. I feel this could be one of the greats(top 5) with enough refinement.

#87 10 years ago

Does anyone else miss the match animation with Carol? They removed it on the LE. Strange because I have seen it on the pro with 1.3 firmware. That was my favorite one, "Its me.....Carol"(complete in her under ware). It was also the only match animation complete with vocals. Can't understand why they would remove it? I love the idea of multiple match animations, the more the better. At 68 plays and I have only seen the lizard guy and Kirk with the 2 girls. I hope Stern puts Carol back in there. Even though she never said that in the movie it was a great play on how the movie shamlessly had to show some cute girl in her under ware with Kirk near by.

#100 10 years ago

I have a Pro and once I updated to 1.3 the Carol match does not come up anymore. Just the lizard guy and Kirk with two chicks.

I played a Pro that had 1.0 with the Carol match animation. I played it later and something made me think they had updated it to 1.3. I'm pretty sure I saw Carol that time too so it must still be on 1.0 firmware, my mistake. I just don't see why they would remove that one. Its little touches like that that give the game more character.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PlayPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-code-suggestions-thread?tu=PlayPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.