Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by twinmice
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

On my new STLE, the ball gets stuck one or two times per game in the small gap between the lowest of the poppers in the upper playfield and the triangular band that is attached below the ramp in this area. Getting to the post screw under the ramp appears to be a challenge, but I want to be sure that when I attempt this that the fix is a good one!

#2 10 years ago

My advice, let is get some play on this. At 100 play+ it will happen once in a blue moon. You can try to level and know ball search will find too but hold off for a month, then break out the tools if you still feel the same. I found it's fine now that I've had the game for 6 weeks

#3 10 years ago

Might want to try the search function. There was a thread on this with some solutions that people came up with.

#4 10 years ago

I put a small round piece of felt on top of that screw....no more hangups.

#5 10 years ago

I used the solution where you cut down a post sleeve, slit it down it's length, and slip it over the post by where the ball is getting hung up. You don't have to do any dis-assembly and it works like a champ. The ball rarely gets hung up now and if it does a soft nudge fixes the problem. There are pictures in a previous post.

#6 10 years ago

I found the other threads on this and appreciate the tips. I may well try both the "felt on screw" and "post" ideas, though I wonder if the felt will stick well or permanently on the rounded screw top?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Docray1:

I found the other threads on this and appreciate the tips. I may well try both the "felt on screw" and "post" ideas, though I wonder if the felt will stick well or permanently on the rounded screw top?

About twenty games and still sticking. Easy fix and you can't even see the felt.

#8 10 years ago

I did the felt thing. 0 hang ups.

#9 10 years ago

Point me in the right direction, happening to me as well.

#10 10 years ago

Black self-adhesive felt pad from Joann fabric store, about $2, have it on the screw by the pop bumpers and on both sides of the ball auto shooter, 400+ games on my STLE, not one ball hang up and better yet, zero scratches on the balls.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Point me in the right direction, happening to me as well.

Yes. A link to the original thread addressing this would be much appreciated. I have an LE on order, so I assume I will have to deal with this same issue as well.

#12 10 years ago

here is a list of all fixes that I am aware of, including this pop problem:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-summary-of-fixes

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

here is a list of all fixes that I am aware of, including this pop problem:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-summary-of-fixes

Awesome! Just added it to my favorites. Thanks for the link!

#14 10 years ago

I'm placing an order with Cliffy today for a full set of protectors for the game. While I'm at it, I'm thinking about ordering some of his colored post sleeves as well. Does STLE look good with these? If so, what color do you guys recommend, and how many of each color will I need to order?

#15 10 years ago

Regarding mini-post and sleeve colors, try clear (Super Band)! Star Trek, with its glittering and luminescent look, is probably one of the few machines that look good with clear rubbers. Besides which, Steve Ritchie himself has said he would have prescribed Super Bands had they been available at the time of design.

#16 10 years ago

Ok, the "felt thing" worked like a charm! Hard to figure why Stern didn't add a tiny pice of rubber here to fix the issue (instead of the screw), but the fix was simple enough! Thanks!

#17 10 years ago

Pic of the fix?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-ball-gets-stuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.