(Topic ID: 73701)

Star Trek LE A completely bias review...

By mrobertso2

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pindog
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Ok, I was on the preorder list, regardless of the increased cost; changing what was on the machine; all the negativity from fellow members of pinside and other groups. I was a little nervous. Started seeing real pics; gameplay, and people telling us that they love the machine.
#59 showed up Wed. I brought it upstairs and unboxed it.
The last three NIB pins I have bought have had construction issues. XMEN and Avengers specifically. POTC had some scratches and other minor stuff but later found out it was a proto that was tested in someone's office at Stern.
XMEN's cab was not so good. Scratches etc. Avengers was a disaster. For the money I had expected good out of the box experiences. Back box had damage from malleting the trim and the PF was CC over some dirt etc that had chipped.
ST was pristine. I didn't know what to think of the metal Backbox but I really like it. Yea the screws are a pain in the ass, and I had to push down the BB to get the left side straight but for me no wood means less scratches or the potential for accidental damage.
The stickers were cut correctly, and the t-molding was perfect. I could not find one issue with the machine. I did replace the pinballs as I don't like the quality of Sterns balls..haha.
On the inside, the Vengence is a lot bigger that it looks in the pics. It shakes a lot and when you defeat it it sinks a little but when you fight Kahn; it drops. Love the victory laps.
Kickback: Works BUT, as stated in other posts; if it goes really fast down the left it will beat the kickback.
Play: The pin is the fastest pin I have ever played. Period. The call outs and speech are really good. Wish the speech was louder. Maybe a upgrade would help. Sound affects are definitely ST. Call outs from the movie are good and crisp.
Light show is blinding and fun as hell! Some changes in the colors ie asteroids to blue etc will sharpen it up.
Laser show was good except half of it was blocked by the left flipper. You could see it really covering it so it is impeding the show a lot. I will devise a way to make it shoot higher. Maybe raising the mounting of the unit.
Shield apron lights only work in attract mode. They better fix this...same with speaker flashers. (Steve start yelling...)
Didn't see the warp ramp lights come on either. Except in test.
Backglass beautiful and the flashers did come on during play. Except speakers.
Insignia on backbox cooler in person. Worth it. Love the look and sooo different. Nice touch!
Great DMD graphics. I wish there was a video mode. I know I know a lot of you hate that idea.
CC was better than my last nib TAV. Some dimpling but who cares. They all dimple.
Very solid build and a very good machine. If there wasn't a code update I would be disappointed but I doubt I would sell. Unless I was in financial crisis.
Overall right now I would rate it a strong 8.5. I love ST and all the ST theme's. Missing a little something. Urbans code update may push this to 9-9.2
Premium owners, you will be happy!

#2 10 years ago

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

The call outs and speech are really good. Wish the speech was louder. Maybe a upgrade would help.

Under ADJ --> GAME, there should be MUSIC VOLUME and SPEECH VOLUME as two adjacent feature adjustments. They are towards the end of the menu in other games so start by going backwards once you are in the menu. For example on Met they are #43 and #44 I think, and on Tron , #22, #23. I haven't got my ST yet so don't know the exact number, but this feature of being able to adjust the relative volume of the music vs the speech is always in there somewhere. Oh and I've found the display is a little confusing..negative numbers are louder.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

The call outs and speech are really good. Wish the speech was louder. Maybe a upgrade would help.

I was thinking the same thing but their is a adjustment for that in the service menu. I turned up the voices and the music a bit and now it is perfect . I'll post were the adjustments are once I get home. If you find them in the meantime -10 makes it louder not 10 it's backwards volume I do not know why but who cares it works .

#5 10 years ago

Beat me to it .

#6 10 years ago

Steve Ritchie seems to stay on top of quality control more on his machines. My Acdc s were great.

I look forward to playing St.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Steve Ritchie seems to stay on top of quality control more on his machines. My Acdc s were great.
I look forward to playing St.

Yes my acdc and STLE are great quality but METLE and Tron had issues Steve must walk the line 24/7 lol only joking.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Yes my acdc and STLE are great quality but METLE and Tron had issues Steve must walk the line 24/7 lol only joking.

Lawlor used to do that at Williams! The true masters care ...it has their name on it!

#9 10 years ago

I have something great to look forward to by the sounds of it.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from WIKED:

I have something great to look forward to by the sounds of it.

Yes. You do. It is a very fun pin to play.

#11 10 years ago

Good job #59!

#12 10 years ago

I'm changing it to 9. I can't go any higher until there are some changes with the code and all the lights are working but wow...just wow.

#13 10 years ago

Thanks for your post. Seeing lots of good reviews for STLE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-a-completely-bias-review and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.