• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

al capone vault (resized).png
Sarcasm_Detector_exploding (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

We just got an email stating that "Stern is bringing Star Trek Pro and Premium editions out of our Vault".

Amazing game and glad to see it back.

Bill
Fargo Pinball

#2 5 years ago

If they keep bringing out DMD sales will be poor at best. A ST Pro LED huge sales

#3 5 years ago

And to think people said it would never be remade.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

And to think people said it would never be remade.

It's almost as if people juts make shit up around here and pass it off as fact

#6 5 years ago

Fake news

#7 5 years ago

There were just two new in box ones on the marketplace. Didn't see that is a need to remake game. I could think of a ton of others that would be a better choice. Tron, Lord of the Rings I'm sure the list goes on

#8 5 years ago

Vault edition? Wasn't this game released recently? You can find them anywhere right now.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Vault edition? Wasn't this game released recently? You can find them anywhere right now.

2013 game, think the licensed expired last year but they did make them fairly recently.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Exactly. How the f can this be consider a "vault" edition? Seems not that long ago that I got my STLE (and sold in 3 months).

Is there some pent up demand for this title that I am not aware of?

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No

#12 5 years ago

It's a great game and Tron will be next hopefully.

#13 5 years ago

Man I hope they remake Aerosmith next

Be cool it they reskinned it though.

#14 5 years ago

I'd much rather see a *real* vault edition, like a BBHVE.

Yes, I am serious.

And if Stern really wants to cash in on a Vault Edition, they need to release Tron VE. People have been asking for that one for quite some time.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'd much rather see a *real* vault edition, like a BBHVE.
Yes, I am serious.
And if Stern really wants to cash in on a Vault Edition, they need to release Tron VE. People have been asking for that one for quite some time.

Do people realize that the license has a part to play in the ability to make vault editions?

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Do people realize that the license has a part to play in the ability to make vault editions?

No. I don't think anyone has ever once given that any thought whatsoever.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No. I don't think anyone has ever once given that any thought whatsoever.

Sarcasm_Detector_exploding (resized).pngSarcasm_Detector_exploding (resized).png

#18 5 years ago

Doesn't the wording from the release, stating that they will be "unchanged", not make this a VE and simply a new production run?

#19 5 years ago

Wasn't IM unchanged....???...(cept the leds...?)..........Joey

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Wasn't IM unchanged....???...(cept the leds...?)..........Joey

Nope, different cabinet decals, metal backbox, lighted monger, full LED lighting, that’s about it.

#21 5 years ago

People might be putting too much emphasis in George's poor choice of words. I just don't see this being a true vault edition. Don't those always come with upgrades from the previous run's pro model and run as a single new model?

Stern must have a bunch of extra parts laying around that they want to get out of inventory or use to keep the production line rolling.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a legit vault with LOTR soon considering that Amazon picked up the TV series.

#22 5 years ago

I am surprised at this one??? Who still wants this game?? I just don’t see the demand??

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I am surprised at this one??? Who still wants this game?? I just don’t see the demand??

Best newer Stern I have played......

#24 5 years ago

Operators and barcades. The game earns like a bat out of hell.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Best newer Stern I have played......

Don’t get me wrong, I owned and liked it, but it’s not a game I would own twice. Everything about the pin is amazing, except the rules suck.

#26 5 years ago

Wow I thought this was still in production. Iron Maiden Vault Edition up next?

#27 5 years ago

Bought mine on the first run. Still have it and still great!

#28 5 years ago

Reskin as original series, st68 would be perfect.

#29 5 years ago

This is a duplicate thread. Maybe we can get an admin to merge?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-ve-pro-prem

#30 5 years ago

Hope this means it will finally get the code polish it needs.

#31 5 years ago

Odd choice imo.... its not difficult to find a huo modded pro for 4400-4750 and modded premiums in the 6-6500 range. Plus they made them for 4-5 years up untill about a year ago. How much will they be 5400 and 6800? Now if it was upgraded somehow maybe ... but its not.

#32 5 years ago

Don’t get me wrong, I owned and liked it, but it’s not a game I would own twice. Everything about the pin is amazing, except the rules suck.

Exactly.

#33 5 years ago

Make it a DS9 edition

#35 5 years ago

Please let this lead to a code update. Even if the rules didn't change but it does a better job of explaining itself, I'd be happy.

#36 5 years ago

Get rid of that stupid red dmd and replace with a color one like SMVE and I would probably be in. Those red dmd’s suck ass to look at and are unreliable as hell.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Get rid of that stupid red dmd and replace with a color one like SMVE

Eh?

#38 5 years ago

Star Trek stern sucks had an LE and sold it in 3 months. so repetitive and annoying modes. I would be shocked if they would make a vault but then again Stern won't leave money on the table and if there is a demand they will remake.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly. How the f can this be consider a "vault" edition? Seems not that long ago that I got my STLE (and sold in 3 months).

Or just create your own demand with some tacky marketing spiel.

al capone vault (resized).pngal capone vault (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-is-the-next-stern-vault-game?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.