(Topic ID: 68543)

Star Trek: how many times in a row have you hit the Warp ramp?

By nosro

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Yoko2una
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How many times in a row have you hit the Warp ramp?”

• 1 5 votes
    5%
  • 2 12 votes
    12%
  • 3 19 votes
    19%
  • 4 23 votes
    23%
  • 5 22 votes
    22%
  • 6 10 votes
    10%
  • 7 4 votes
    4%
  • 8 3 votes
    3%
  • 9+: I'm a god 4 votes
    4%

(102 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fc2f9ee3b5a05a8f03561a718143668fb187e77c.jpeg (resized).jpg

#1 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure I just suck on top of not having had much practice. On the other hand, I don't find the loop in No Fear particularly hard, which is somewhat similar to the Star Trek Warp loop.

Not even Josh Sharpe can loop it it consistently:

#2 8 years ago

Judging by the videos of ST, i don't think the NF loop is similar. It is a top right loop shot, but seems very distant from NF's.
My record on NF's loop is 46 in a row. Looking at these ST videos i am sure i could not do even 10 in a row lol

#3 8 years ago

3 is mine. It's SO fast.

#4 8 years ago

5 is my best so far. Ive seen a friend do 7 in a row. Made it to warp 9.5 on the new code tonight. Game is getting pretty good.

#5 8 years ago

My best is 3. I watched a guy at BumperNets named Bruce hit it seven times in a row. We all just dropped our jaws!

#7 8 years ago

i choked after 5...

2 months later
#8 8 years ago

5 also. Adjusting the warmp ramp made a big difference as Steve Ritchie suggested.

#9 8 years ago

Where is my "Warp Ramp Champion" high score!!! : P

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

5 also. Adjusting the warmp ramp made a big difference as Steve Ritchie suggested.

For those who are not familiar with the adjustment, this is straight from the man himself (from comments in http://www.pinballnews.com/games/startrek/index4.html )

The ST Warp Ramp exit is easily adjustable at the exit end on all models. There is a fixing screw with washers pinching the plastic ramp between them. A lateral slot has been designed into the ramp, and with the playfield pulled forward so that the "feet" of the playfield support brackets safely parked in the front molding tray, one can grasp and adjust the Warp Ramp exit with the left hand while loosening and tightening can be achieved with a long-ish #2 Phillips screwdriver with the right hand. There is an access port cut into the Beta Ramp edge and plastic just for this use.

While the ball is wild and speeds vary along the Warp Ramp, every ST model can be adjusted so that a nice feed to the upper right flipper can largely be attained. Some ST games need the adjustment and some don't.

#11 8 years ago

I hit 4 the other day but I felt like I just lucked out. Normally I'm inspired if I hit 2.

#12 8 years ago

6 is my personal best, and I can get 4-5 pretty regularly. Some games they just flow, and others the ball comes around too wildly. I know about the adjustment suggested by SR for the warp ramp, but not sure if I need to mess with it.

#13 8 years ago

7 times in a row twice. I love the warp ramp. It is definitely easier to get a couple in a row than shadow loops but still challenging and fun. After the update I was having trouble because I started watching the warp ramp lights instead of the ball. Think I get extra ball after 4 warp ramps now when it used to be 11 or 12 before update.

#14 8 years ago

#15 8 years ago

8. During MB with another ball cradled on the L flipper.

#16 8 years ago

A very deserved Tilt at the end after the save about a minute earlier.

#17 8 years ago

Hit eight in a row almost got the ninth but it came back and went into the right outlane, lol... Oh well at least it was memerable.

#18 8 years ago

five is the best I've done. Funny how no one has voted 7

#19 8 years ago

6 is my best so far!

#20 8 years ago

5 is my best, with the 6th rolling back down the right outlane. I got to 9.8 - SO CLOSE!!!!!!

#21 8 years ago

only 3 here

#22 8 years ago

7... though I've gotten into the habit of holding the flipper up after shooting the warp to get some free hits on the lock targets.

#23 8 years ago

Four in the first game .

#24 8 years ago

A measly 2

#25 8 years ago

I've only played on location so I don't know if the ramp was adjusted at all, but I toped out at 3. After that the ball is just screaming around that loop.

#26 8 years ago

6 here. But i always choke during Klingon Multiball when going for the warp ramp, and can't ever seem to hit it even once.

It's fun to hear "Warp 1, Warp 2, Warp 3, Warp 4... etc." when you get on a roll.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Not even Josh Sharpe can loop it it consistently:

The success rate for Warp ramp shots is inversely proportional to game pitch. Making the game steep makes the shot MUCH harder.

Quoted from smidog:

7 times in a row twice.

I got 7 quick ones the other day, then missed shot 8 and had the ball fly down the right outlane...

only to be saved by the default ball saver! Hell yes. Thought 4 or 5 was max, but 7 quick ones wasn't too long. Extra ball was lit and it was like I was starting the ball all over.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from smidog:

It is definitely easier to get a couple in a row than shadow loops

Way easier than Shadow Loops, even if Bowen makes it look so simple.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Way easier than Shadow Loops, even if Bowen makes it look so simple.

just tried looing it up - the Pinballhead.com video wouldn't play. Found this instead.
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=23950&page=2

#30 8 years ago

Max at 8 times.

#31 8 years ago

I hit the ramp 2 in a row quite a bit but my best is only 4 lucky shots, and I have only done that twice. That ball comes out the warp ramp at warp speed....I think I will look at adjusting the exit as noted above.

How fast was it designed to go, is there any guidance to how much it should be slowed down?

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

just tried looing it up - the Pinballhead.com video wouldn't play.

If you want to see the video where Bowen murders the Shadow Loops it's this one:

https://vimeo.com/26732989

I can only do 3 in a row, he makes it look so easy.

3 years later
#33 4 years ago

I got it 12 times in a row the other day. I ended up getting it 36 times that game - I got Double Scoring 4 times!.

fc2f9ee3b5a05a8f03561a718143668fb187e77c.jpeg (resized).jpg

#35 4 years ago

3 is my record. My wife holds the house record at 5.

#36 4 years ago

Last week I hit 8 in a row to link Warp 9.1 to 9.9. Usually at 2-3 it will hit something (orbit rail?) at super high speeds and kill the flow, but that night, it just stayed in the zone.

I've never yelled out emphatically playing before, but that made me do it. Probably the biggest rush I've had playing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!