P1020917.1.JPG
STC.jpg
STB.jpg
STA.jpg
P1040193.jpg
P1040190.jpg
P1040182.jpg
P1040183.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#476 10 years ago

Posted this in another thread, but thought it should be here. I played the game this afternoon.

My very first reaction on ST? The red DMD is absolutely horrible. Character animations look cartoonish and chubby (and if the one girl I saw is supposed to be Alice Eve - yikes!). I don't remember if the LE has a red DMD, but if it does that will have to get swapped out. This would have been stunning with movie clips on the rumored LCD.

I don't like the pro translite/cabinet artwork, but that doesn't make any difference on location.

I liked the art on the PF more than I expected from reading here. The play itself was fast, really fast. Watch out for the left orbit. None of the shots themselves were too hard; didn't pay attention to the modes much but they seemed basic and/or unfinished. Liked Klingon Multiball, voices, sounds and lights. The ship seems to be nothing more than the AFM ship, but the mechanism and ship itself looked far more sturdy and robust than it seems in the pictures. I've played WOZ and ST now this weekend - ST wins hands down for speed, WOZ for toys and shots. Both are pretty in their own way.

If the ST software lives up to its' potential, it may have greater playability in the long run - WOZ may have too many things to do. Exact opposite of my initial feelings.

WOZ way ahead construction quality / value wise. I ordered the LE because I don't like the other trims and because I like the theme and Ritchie. I think the game will do well - better than many seem to think here - but see no reason for an operator to spend the $ on anything but the base model.

#588 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

so when is this Chicago expo happening??

Expo is October 16 to 20. Presumably the big reveal will be in the Stern session on Friday the 18th.

#590 10 years ago

Maybe you can pick them up on the 16th and the box will have a "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL THE 18TH" sticker on it ...

#594 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Yeah but you guys love a tease lol

Imagine what that would be like if there was another sticker that said "LCD inside".

I keep wondering if the big reveal might be the LE has an LCD display and video clips from the movie. (OK, maybe it's more like wishful thinking / dreaming, like every time I buy a lottery ticket)

#597 10 years ago

I'm good with putting the LCD on the premiums too ...

Perfectly fine with a DMD on Pros which aren't going to be the STs in most home collections.

#598 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

My question would be from a business standpoint why would they ever decide to pretend that it is a DMD when it is an LCD? Why announce something to create a buzz that doesn't show off one of your biggest innovations? Why would they release the LCD on a system that they will be abandoning soon? Okay so I guess that was an onslaught of questions sorry.

All good questions that show why that sticker would be more appropriate for April 1st deliveries and why there's unlikely to be one on my box when it's delivered.

#743 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

I don't think the LE will be at Chicago expo. I went by Marco yesterday to pay off my LE balance. Stern shares the booth with Marco at the show. I asked if they would have the LE there, and was told no. Only 5 Pro's in the booth.

Bummer if true.

#748 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Surely Stern will release a video of the prem/LE..

Who is Shirley Stern?

#776 10 years ago

No superhero or band pins for a while please.

#872 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

» YouTube video
He hits the warp ramp 5 times in a row.

Doesn't look like this game has a red DMD.

Too bad they didn't shoot this with the glass off (or that the game didn't have Invisiglass)

#883 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Well It could just be me and I am a huge Ritchie fan but after a day of playing I fear people will be disappointed . Can't wait to hear what other owners say after playing it for a week. Just not the same fun and play one more game as Met. Shallow is the best word I can come up with to describe it.
Lights are great and sounds are awesome. Shot wise it's fun but all together it's light..
Anyone getting this impression?

I'm not going to judge the game on the current level of code. Yes, it is shallow now, but I really doubt that will be true by the end of the year, or maybe even the end of the month.

#915 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I agree I am a little bummed this feature was removed. Now it will take the ball back to the bottom left flipper is what I have heard. Really hoping that LE owners will get something to replace this feature loss. Even though its just a wire form and not a massive feature, it changes the flow of the game and made it feel/look different then the pro.
Let's hope they add something extra special to the LE models.

Ditto. I was really looking forward to the VUK. Not really sure what feature(s) Steve could add this late in the game if the LEs indeed are in or starting production now/in a few weeks. I guess fixing the VUK so it has enough power to get the ball around isn't just as simple as a stronger coil?

If features are going to be added, I'd love to see drop targets. I just *love* drop targets ...

That said - I'm still keeping my LE. I'd keep it just for the cabinet art and the backglass, because I don't like the aesthetics of the Vengence model at all.

#937 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

... they definitely need to replace this with something very cool not just a simple redesign to kick the ball out somewhere else that is BS.

No pass should be given out if you don't come through on the features you put out during the announcement then make it right by adding cool features to the game. Do the right thing for your buyers.

Agreed. But with this rumor/fact came one that said Steve is adding something, so Stern may be doing exactly what you are asking for.

I presume we'll all know a week from tomorrow ...

#942 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Seems the pro layout is the main design & the prem/le an after thought?

That doesn't make sense.

Makes more sense to design the LE layout and feature placement and THEN figure out what they can cut out, rather than the other way around. They have to consider max number of solenoids / drivers required for the LE and back that number down for the Pro. No way they started with the Pro and then added on for the Prem/LE.

#943 10 years ago

I guess there are a number of us that had the same thought at the same time ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-game-play-video?tu=jfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.