P1020917.1.JPG
STC.jpg
STB.jpg
STA.jpg
P1040193.jpg
P1040190.jpg
P1040182.jpg
P1040183.jpg
There are 968 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 20.
#201 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Some of you guys are hilarious.
Judging a Pro model on day 1 release.
I hadn't heard that this was Sterns most expensive pin to produce (Alex: are you pretty sure about that?) but if it is, I expect we're in for some surprises with regard to the Premium and LE versions.
I am in agreement in part though: although I like what I see so far, there need to be some extras not yet seen to justify the increased price. Still too early to tell though.

You too are hilarious Do you actually think Stern gives a hoot about justifying anything to us? I don't.

#202 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not so appealing, don't see much new in this. Looks like a cross between tron and xmen. I think maybe they should have dropped the price instead of raising it.

If its a cross between tron and xmen, i will love it!

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not so appealing, don't see much new in this. Looks like a cross between tron and xmen. I think maybe they should have dropped the price instead of raising it.

If its a cross between tron and xmen, i will love it!

#204 10 years ago

Yeah well they took forever to upload. This was last night at 2am. Working today. Will have the third one uploaded tonight. As for additional videos you can check the YouTube channel for more additions or just check this thread for more updates.

I will be taking more videos this Sat. Is there anything you wanted to see more of??? I will set the quality to a lower setting to get in more game time. I will try and get in the first Wiz mode and Vengeance.

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

will be taking more videos this Sat. Is there anything you wanted to see more of??? I will set the quality to a lower setting to get in more game time.

I actually prefer the higher quality HD video. I could see a big difference in quality between the 1080p video and the 720p video.

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Yeah well they took forever to upload. This was last night at 2am. Working today. Will have the third one uploaded tonight. As for additional videos you can check the YouTube channel for more additions or just check this thread for more updates.
I will be taking more videos this Sat. Is there anything you wanted to see more of??? I will set the quality to a lower setting to get in more game time. I will try and get in the first Wiz mode and Vengeance.

I don't need to see anymore. I just gotta hear how much you like it

#207 10 years ago

RGR, I seem to recall that you hit the right flipper button repeatedly when the ball was in the upper-right corner (mostly pop bumpers there, it appears). Am I right and, if so, what was the point of doing so?

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I actually prefer the higher quality HD video. I could see a big difference in quality between the 1080p video and the 720p video.

+1

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

RGR, I seem to recall that you hit the right flipper button repeatedly when the ball was in the upper-right corner (mostly pop bumpers there, it appears). Am I right and, if so, what was the point of doing so?

Changing the lanes in the jets for skill shot and multipliers..

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Sorry, you're right... the new investment group that bought Stern a while ago is what I meant.

The "investment group" that bought in are considered "shareholders" and is probably part of the reason it seems more about the bottom line and less about more value for the $$$......or THE reason....

Who knows, but either way, I'm out for quite a while on ST, I'm gonna play this one first, wait a year or so until the code gets done and see what happens, meantime I'll have fun with what I've got!

Btw, thanks again for the great videos RGR, Stern should give you a royalty!

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Is there a super skill shot that you can tell?

#212 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Ah. Of course. I just couldn't see it. Thanks.

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don't need to see anymore. I just gotta hear how much you like it

Yeah I like the sounds, the GI and LEDs and the flow is the best. Honestly the modes and multiball bore me. I would have liked to have seen a super jackpot. The modes could have been tailored more to the films like that of STTNG..

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is there a super skill shot that you can tell?

Yeah I believe I did hold the left flipper in once and the ball came round the left loop. I believe that all shots were lit, however I will confirm this when I play it again this weekend.

#215 10 years ago

I'm ordering my first new game in the morning, love the Star Trek theme. This is great fun and why I got into pinball.

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Some of you guys are hilarious.
Judging a Pro model on day 1 release.
I hadn't heard that this was Sterns most expensive pin to produce (Alex: are you pretty sure about that?) but if it is, I expect we're in for some surprises with regard to the Premium and LE versions.
I am in agreement in part though: although I like what I see so far, there need to be some extras not yet seen to justify the increased price. Still too early to tell though.

Cham,

Not sure. One of the distribs (and I forget which one) that this one had the highest overall budget. As Roy said that may just be licensing but who knows. Can't really say for sure so I won't speculate but it seems less "full" than some recent titles. Again I haven't played it so my opinion is only anecdotal.

#217 10 years ago

Where's three only 2 I see

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Stern is a private company. No shareholders to impress.

Uh... private company does NOT equal no shareholders. Just means that the financial and business disclosures to shareholders aren't public, and you can't buy/sell share on open market. Private company shareholders are VERY interested in seeing their investment perform and provide returns.

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

Where's three only 2 I see

Give me 12 hours... The third video does not show anything different from the others. Just more of the same from a different player and different angles. l'll take more videos on the weekend.

I was informed by Bruce that the LE's will not be coming here till the end of November so I guess its going to be a while before the prem/Le videos come out..

#220 10 years ago

RGR, it looked like the upper flipper ramp/loop was fast enough that it would be difficult to repeat infinitely (ala SR's No Fear jump shot). Do you agree?

And thanks for posting. I'm jealous that I haven't had a chance to play it!

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

RGR, it looked like the upper flipper ramp/loop was fast enough that it would be difficult to repeat infinitely (ala SR's No Fear jump shot). Do you agree?

Ya consecutive loop shots look tough and prob gonna take some practice to get down.

EDIT
Hopefully there's a loop champion for the warp ramp or a special mode integrated.

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Yeah agree. The best that I did was 3 in a row, however its not the speed so much but the ball bouncing onto the playfield after it exits to the ramp from behind the playfield.

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ya consecutive loop shots look tough and prob gonna take some practice to get down.
EDIT
Hopefully there's a loop champion for the warp ramp or a special mode integrated.

I would lose it if they implemented a loop champ/ combo effect like that of HS2 together with warp drive sounds..

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

yes! I hope so gotta have a loop and combo champ. Would be nice to have a mode unlock with that shot as well.

#225 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

yes! I hope so gotta have a loop and combo champ. Would be nice to have a mode unlock with that shot as well.

Did you notice the combo animation? Thought that was a nice touch and glad sterns going back to making combos relevant in pinball again.

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Remember, Youtube compressed your 1080p videos down to 7mbit, so uploading 34mbit originals (guessing, based on your earlier comments) is a bit overkill. It's fine to do that for short videos, but at a certain size, practicality takes precedence.

#227 10 years ago

Yeah l'll look into it..

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Yeah l'll look into it..

Is video #3 coming? Been checking for it all night.

#229 10 years ago

Lol sorry... Wont be for another 10 hours... I am at work now and cant upload... Have to say, how good are the mirror blades and sub in the previous video... Makes a difference.

#230 10 years ago

Nice playing...
Thanks for sharing.

I like it. The flow looks amazing as ala STTNG does. Very impressive light show.

smoothhhhhhh

stand alone it does not look that appealing.

#231 10 years ago

edited: apparently I hurt someone's feelings

#232 10 years ago

I'm still out... I'm really tired of Stern's half baked games. And yes I own many.

Please Stern, just update / improve the last handfull of "great games" you've put out the last 2 years. Then focus on the next great one.

Thank You!

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'm still out... I'm really tired of Stern's half baked games. And yes I own many.
Please Stern, just update / improve the last handfull of "great games" you've put out the last 2 years. Then focus on the next great one.
Thank You!

I agree that software needs to step it up. Metallica has donkey licking code right now. Xmen is still unfinished. Avengers has parts of the game not even utilized in the code. And the biggest (only?) drawback I see in ST so far is its straightforward uninventive code.

They need a few more programmers that write the code and not create it. Meaning; the designer and lead programmer should come up with the ideas and the backup programmers do nothing but type their bloody hearts out to implement the ideas.

#234 10 years ago

saw the first video. you played good.

#235 10 years ago

I'll have to say it looks way more appealing in theme and play than any of Sterns recent Super-hero offerings. But I'll just wait and play it before I pass any judgment. Thanks for the vids.

#236 10 years ago

Holy shit. I am the biggest fan of that ramp shot from the upper right flipper being an incognito orbit. Holy fast.

#237 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

saw the first video. you played good.

Yeah and the 2nd not so good. That video was good for multiball. l'll try and get some long game times in this weekend..

#238 10 years ago

havent seen the second yet., what pinside page is it on?

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

havent seen the second yet., what pinside page is it on?

Just goto the channel on YouTube

#240 10 years ago

just got back playing this at the Commonwealth Hotel in Newcastle (Aus) and had 6 games. Here are my thoughts for anyone curious / interested:
- the missions are clear with the determined RGB colour display displayed in the main arrow inserts. I am not the best player but on the first game I nearly got all six missions but missed out on completing the sixth mission - so sure there is still some code and missions to add in there to make it more challenging for the better players.
- the ramp that you hit with the top right flipper is lighting fast around to your bottom flipper and the other 2 ramps return the ball fast as well.
- I managed to destroy the vengeance space ship and it does a sparky action where it shakes wildly around (hence the big spring) with the rear jet parts hitting the glass but it doesn't lower near the playfield to be hit by a ball.
- I haven't seen the movie or tv series as not a trek fan but the game looks good though would of been cool to see a space ship in the translite instead of movie characters. If the pros weren't $6950 here in Aus I would be tempted to buy one as overall like the look, play and feel of the game.
- the dmd surround doesn't look that bad and the angle definitely improves the reduction of glare on to the glass so an improvement there.
- game looks great with mirror blades and nice action with the shaker as well - I reckon black mirror blades will look great in this game.
- the sound was great as well and sure it had a sub upgrade as had a dramatic bassie sound to the game

- there are so many features I am sure I didn't work out, discover or haven't been completed in code. One feature I was curious about and liked because it was different was the exit lane behind the top right flipper that had a flashing arrow stating - " Away Team ". You can open it up and shoot from the left flipper but didn't seem to activate something unless it was missing code or I missed a required action ????

Overall I think Stern have done well apart from the price increase..... P1040183.jpgP1040183.jpg P1040182.jpgP1040182.jpg P1040190.jpgP1040190.jpg P1040193.jpgP1040193.jpg

#241 10 years ago

thanks

#242 10 years ago

not bad at all, the artwork looks like an old style pinny.

#243 10 years ago

Thanks for the videos they are much appreciated!! Looked like a phenomenal light show pretty good sound. The dots don't really wow me from the videos. It appears that this pin will play very fast and have great flow with many shots makable from either flipper. I tend to prefer open layouts both on shots and visibility of the field so I hope that translates into me liking it when I get a chance to play it.

I agree that there could be more imagination and innovation put into new pins these days. Although, I don't want those innovations if they negatively affect gameplay or playfield visibility it is a fine line. Sometimes I think too much is expected and no matter what is put out some pinheads will still have something negative to say about it.

I think for Stern to have success in the future they will have to focus more on software/coding of all of their releases. Many of their pins are going into people's homes to be played extensively and weaknesses of a pin's code will become pretty evident quickly. I think buyers are going to be expecting more and I hope Stern responds by making updates and game code a priority.

#244 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Just goto the channel on YouTube

Perhaps edit your first thread post to include the link?

#245 10 years ago

Done

#246 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I hope Stern responds by making updates and game code a priority.

yes, enough with showing the rest of the pinmakers how to pump out a few machines, catch up with the rules on the existing games... and put out an unlicensed game while you are at it...
Do you have your phone on a tripod over your shoulder RGR?

#247 10 years ago

Lumix camera with HD video recording. Had a mate holding it. Hes playing it in the 3rd video. In the 1st video I had Andrew Hankin help me out.. Hows that for a bit of trivia..

#248 10 years ago

Can you check if the game is using the same sam system or if this one uses the new boardset?

#249 10 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

- I managed to destroy the vengeance Space Ship and it does a sparky action where it shakes wildly around (hence the big spring) with the rear jet parts hitting the glass but it doesn't lower near the playfield to be hit by a ball.

The crashing feature is on the Premium/LE only.......

#250 10 years ago

Looks like fun, great sounds and lightshow! Pretty good flow and ball speed it seems too! Looking forward to giving her a play

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
There are 968 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-game-play-video/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.