P1020917.1.JPG
STC.jpg
STB.jpg
STA.jpg
P1040193.jpg
P1040190.jpg
P1040182.jpg
P1040183.jpg
There are 968 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.
#951 10 years ago

It must be hard to be a designer at Stern having to make two of the same pins only different, twice the work for designer & software, This might be why code take so long

#952 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Trust me, it isn't a "false" rumor.

I know man... I was just busting his... well you know...

Like all things I consider the source and you sir are a good source! Well... ok maybe not all the time!

#953 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I heard they will be adding a feature to make up for it. I don't know if it will be an LE only feature or not. And from what I heard, its not a design change to the layout persay, but something to function more within the rules to indicate to the player what's happening as they 'battle' their way throughout the game.

Now this sounds interesting. Possible higher level of integration of the laser usage or a complete new feature.

Very cool if this is true

#954 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

Can't be LE only.....Premiums and LE's are joined at the hip code and playfield wise.

Ya both LEs and Premiums. Just mentioned it on the LE since they will be shipping first.

#955 10 years ago
Quoted from SDTM:

Ya both LEs and Premiums. Just mentioned it on the LE since they will be shipping first.

But I was quoting Eskaybee......

#956 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

But I was quoting Eskaybee......

I said that because its not a playfield redesign.

#957 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I heard they will be adding a feature to make up for it. I don't know if it will be an LE only feature or not. And from what I heard, its not a design change to the layout persay, but something to function more within the rules to indicate to the player what's happening as they 'battle' their way throughout the game.

Stop "Shielding" your information

#958 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Stop "Shielding" your information

ROFL! I see what you did there

#959 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

All that will happen is they will spin the VUK 180 degrees so the ball comes down the left ramp to the left flipper, That sucks ... but watcha gona do

If it goes to the left flipper that's stupid, there's no need for the VUK at all then, the scoop returns it there. If they did change the VUK to return to the left flipper I will cancel my LE order.

#960 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

If it goes to the left flipper that's stupid, there's no need for the VUK at all then, the scoop returns it there. If they did change the VUK to return to the left flipper I will cancel my LE order.

You might as well as cancel then. The new VuK will be a smoother/better return than the pro. Some of the videos I've seen, the pro return kick doesn't make it into the outlane but bounced to the flipper. Not very smooth. You're also forgetting that there are plans to add a feature. Whether they do it or not is still to be determined.

#961 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You might as well as cancel then. The new VuK will be a smoother/better return than the pro. Some of the videos I've seen, the pro return kick doesn't make it into the outlane but bounced to the flipper. Not very smooth. You're also forgetting that there are plans to add a feature. Whether they do it or not is still to be determined.

I agree, having the redesigned VUK is better than not having one for sure. Can't wait to see what has been added. I should of figured SR would not just pull out an advertised feature in one of his designs without replacing it with something cool. Still very much looking forward to seeing the finished Premium model. I would go LE if I could find one for $7500 to the door but I don't think that is going to happen so looks like it will be a Premium for me if all looks good on the unveil. November can't get here fast enough for this pinball addict!

#962 10 years ago

If true it's too bad they didn't dump the huge open left outlane instead of the VUK. This is the same setup I disliked in STTNG... I think I'll end up preferring the gameplay of the pro where there is some rubber over there.

I know you can earn kickbacks but still... seems more like work than fun to me.

#963 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You might as well as cancel then.

I agree, you should cancel now.

#964 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I agree, you should cancel now.

I'll wait and see how good this "added feature" is first I guess.

#965 10 years ago

why everybody say the vuk is the main feature, i was thinking the ship crashing on the PF was the main feature with the laser dots.
when i first saw the picture of the vuk i was thinking how will the ball get around the ship from there, it needs a very strong kick out of there to make it happen.

2 years in the making and now they are changing this.

#966 10 years ago

Looking at the Premium playfield again... that vuk had such a loooooooong way to go around. I'm just as confused as anyone though why it took them to the 11th hour to realize it was not going to work.

#967 10 years ago

How are the ball locks carried between the pro and le

#968 10 years ago

Since when is a VUK a MAJOR design feature?

If that's the case, then there are more than a few pins out there that are generally considered lacking in playfield flair... but turns out are LOADED with toys!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 968 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-game-play-video/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.