P1020917.1.JPG
STC.jpg
STB.jpg
STA.jpg
P1040193.jpg
P1040190.jpg
P1040182.jpg
P1040183.jpg
There are 968 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.
#51 10 years ago

Wow, love the lighting and the shots are so smooth. The dmd animations are great. Thanks for posting the video! Cant wait to play one!

#52 10 years ago

Fantastic!!great flow,dots,Light show and sounds,looks great too and only going to get better as code improves!I can't wait to see what SR has in store for the LE!!!

#53 10 years ago

Thank You!!!! First decent video of game in action.

#54 10 years ago

I enjoyed the light show and the dots. Game looks smooth, and you played the hell out of it...

Not too sure I like the upper flipper loop shot. Seems like this is less flowing than it should be with how the ball drops off the ramp before returning to the flipper.

Can't wait to play it. Thanks for the video!

#55 10 years ago

Awesome! Thank you very much for taking the time to video and post these!

#56 10 years ago

Ok the original video has been updated... Sorry about the vertical use of my camera... Videos 2 and 3 are on their way!!! Make sure you set it to HD 720..

#57 10 years ago

Love the sounds, lights and dots

#58 10 years ago

People that have been hyping it up will love it. People that have been critical not so much. Let the fighting ensue.

Thanks for the video btw!

#59 10 years ago

Wow, big difference with the light show when played in a dim room. The Pro is looking great. Thanks for the video!

#60 10 years ago

I noticed the 6 star fleet emblems on the playfield are rgb leds! Glad to see some on the pro!

#61 10 years ago

Thanks for the video. I think that is the real actors voices. I am half tempted to pull the trigger on an LE.

#62 10 years ago

Looking good - thanks for the vid. Definitely needs work on the scoring and modes though I can't believe this is anywhere near finished. Also when the ship shakes there needs to be a more exciting audio effect.

#63 10 years ago

This game is gonna' rock!

#64 10 years ago

Looks lightning fast. I like the sound bits and light show. I still am not really a fan of the art package. Also very curious the effect of the ship if it differs from pro to LE.
In 5 minutes it looks like you completed all modes. I am wondering how deep the rules go.

Overall much better perception of the game with a video.

One thing is sure THE KING OF FLOW is alive and well.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

In 5 minutes it looks like you completed all modes. I am wondering how deep the rules go.

Ditto!

#66 10 years ago

I will not spoil what happens when you complete the modes... However I can do another video if you want to see it

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Thanks for the video. I think that is the real actors voices. I am half tempted to pull the trigger on an LE.

If Stern had made a decent early video they would not have lost nearly as many sales as they have. I know they have always done it this way but if 'you keep doing what you have always done, you will keep getting what you always get'.

#68 10 years ago

They don't even have anything other than a generic Replay animation?
I don't care much for the theme, but the dots seems ok, not great.
Fast, Mad Flow (possible for the good player), sounds and music are ok,
lighting is game good (cointakers?) and looks fun?

#69 10 years ago

RGR said ----Yeah.. Aside from the code, game play THAT game is worlds above anything.... Just amazing. The GI was an issue but the flow and the LCD...wow. When they get a good theme then its alllll overrrr... What an incredible piece of engineering that is. The only thing that I did not expect was the game time.... 4 of us played and it took 40 mins or so to complete however it was set to 5 ball.

I'm confused. Are you saying ball times are too long or to short? 4(players)X5 ball games=20 total balls played. Assuming no extra balls awarded. 40mins/20balls = 2 minutes per ball. Sounds about right for an average player. I personally would consider that a bad game.

#70 10 years ago

I don't want to see wizard mode, but I would like to see Vengeance Mode and see that ship do something. thanks again for posting.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Half attempted isn't enough, I'd wait and try the sucker out.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

However I can do another video if you want to see it

Hell yes!

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't want to see wizard mode, but I would like to see Vengeance Mode and see that ship do something. thanks again for posting.

The ship shakes at about 5:55.

#74 10 years ago

This game has early code. Code is not even close to being finished. Code reminds me of Xmen where you have a timer to accomplish each mode. This game has incredible flow. Watched the video and its as smooth as the one I played. I hit a 7 shot combo on this game. Its easy to hit the warp ramp over and over again. Give the code some time!!!!

#75 10 years ago

finally!!!! happy sundy!!!! thanks!!! where are the other 2 vids?

#77 10 years ago

thnks man!
could you edit the initial post when you get all 3 uploaded?

just watched the first video. looks a little boring the game..hmmm...

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

I will not spoil what happens when you complete the modes... However I can do another video if you want to see it

aaaaaa..... yes!!!!!!!

#79 10 years ago

Before the video, I thought the layout looked cheap and simple.

After the video, the layout looks clean and elegant to me.

Go figure!

Thanks for the vid!

#80 10 years ago

Pretty sure I heard this music in the opening seconds:

#81 10 years ago

Thanks man. Was Bruce taking orders??

#82 10 years ago

Great first video! The pro looks quite a bit better than expected.

#83 10 years ago

The Pro looks promising.
Cant wait to see the LE's. Thanks for the video.

#84 10 years ago

Fast, incredible flow, smooth ramps, insane light show for a pro. Steve Ritchie delivers once again. This will prove to be a top 5 or top 10 Stern.

#85 10 years ago

looks fast but i have yet to play a nib that didn't play fast.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Fast, incredible flow, smooth ramps, insane light show for a pro. Steve Ritchie delivers once again. This will prove to be a top 5 or top 10 Stern.

...and here comes the usual hype i hope you are right btw! i will reserve judgement when code is complete in the next year,or if it does get completed at all.

good luck to the early adopters.

#87 10 years ago

Yea...based on the light show on the pro at this early stage, I have to believe that the finished light show on the LE/Premium is going to be pretty mind blowing. Good stuff.

#88 10 years ago

After seeing a few of these homemade videos, I'm definitely convinced that it was by design that Stern withheld any "official" videos". Simply put, they're embarrassed by the game. NOT releasing a video actually increased pre-orders for this pin. They didn't lose as many presales as they would have by showing the video. It's simple addition by subtraction.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

RGR said ----Yeah.. Aside from the code, game play THAT game is worlds above anything.... Just amazing. The GI was an issue but the flow and the LCD...wow. When they get a good theme then its alllll overrrr... What an incredible piece of engineering that is. The only thing that I did not expect was the game time.... 4 of us played and it took 40 mins or so to complete however it was set to 5 ball.
I'm confused. Are you saying ball times are too long or to short? 4(players)X5 ball games=20 total balls played. Assuming no extra balls awarded. 40mins/20balls = 2 minutes per ball. Sounds about right for an average player. I personally would consider that a bad game.

Yeah agreed however I should have explained that one game went for 30 mins and the others... well a few guys had been drinking.... Exteremely long ball times tho. I think that the upper left PF flipper is to big. You can trap ball up there and it should have been designed like that of tspp.

#90 10 years ago

The game does look like it flows very well. Looking forward to playing one.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Thanks man. Was Bruce taking orders??

Yeah I guess so, but I was busy playing other pins..

#92 10 years ago

Thanks for sharing.

Looks good with smooth flow, sounds, callous, dots are OK. My only concern is that it's looks a tad easy, which is not a bad thing for a terrible player like myself but, the guys that are ace players may tire of it easily. Of course the later code could help here.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

After seeing a few of these homemade videos, I'm definitely convinced that it was by design that Stern withheld any "official" videos". Simply put, they're embarrassed by the game. NOT releasing a video actually increased pre-orders for this pin. They didn't lose as many presales as they would have by showing the video. It's simple addition by subtraction.

I disagree. Stern didnt lose any orders the distros still bought them. I am sure they are waiting until expo for the big reveal. I am sure SR is proud of his game.

#94 10 years ago

Thanks, RGR! I think even for early code it looks like it's a blast to play. I'm really liking the dots and...so glad they aren't movie clips. Did the game have a shaker in it by chance? If so did it feel well integrated? Thanks again, man.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I disagree. Stern didnt lose any orders the distros still bought them. I am sure they are waiting until expo for the big reveal. I am sure SR is proud of his game.

I hope it's a great game and I hope that I've never been as wrong about a pinball machine before. But for now, this machine should be called "Groundhog Day" as it feels like we're time loop with the same game being released over and over again.

I hope that Stern, the only company that puts out multiple titles per year, succeeds and succeeds big. But they need to do it through performance and new innovations, not through cheerleading.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

You're a troll eh? Plain and simple?
This game looks amazing! Dots, callouts, music, LEDs, speed and flow... it's all there.
I expect Stern may not have done a video as the code isn't anything to write home about yet, so there's not much to show off. Given them a chance to include some deeper rules and this pin could knock it out of the park.

If you're in disagreement, tell us what exactly Stern should be embarrassed about please.
You don't have a leg to stand on. Not now that we can see the game in action.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You're a troll eh? Plain and simple?
This game looks amazing! Dots, callouts, music, LEDs, speed and flow... it's all there.
I expect Stern may not have done a video as the code isn't anything to write home about yet, so there's not much to show off. Given them a chance to include some deeper rules and this pin could knock it out of the park.
If you're in disagreement, tell us what exactly Stern should be embarrassed about please.
You don't have a leg to stand on. Not now that we can see the game in action.

Hmm-- I thought a troll says provocative things and then walks away. You seem to have redefined troll as saying things that you don't agree with. The game looks like a snoozefest. Sorry.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Thanks, RGR! I think even for early code it looks like it's a blast to play. I'm really liking the dots and...so glad they aren't movie clips. Did the game have a shaker in it by chance? If so did it feel well integrated? Thanks again, man.

The 2nd and 3rd videos were played on a 5 ball Pro with mirror blades, sub and shaker. It certainly made a difference. They are better quality videos given that there was no other noise from other pinballs and no glare from off the glass.

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Hmm-- I thought a troll says provocative things and then walks away. You seem to have redefined troll as saying things that you don't agree with. The game looks like a snoozefest. Sorry.

So what about it looks boring? Because it's a re-used layout? To me, that's a serious concern for anyone who already owns Spiderman so I can't disagree with you there. The rules aren't in place yet -as stated earlier. Is it because the modes look to be too simple?
I don't understand how this can be a "snoozefest" with the speed and flow that has now been displayed.
Look, we can disagree but honestly? You should put up some evidence as to why you feel that way -right now you're just nay-saying. Do you not like the sounds/lights/callouts?

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

That is one of the strangest conclusions I have read on this topic. It must have been meant as a joke, right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 968 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-game-play-video/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.