P1020917.1.JPG
STC.jpg
STB.jpg
STA.jpg
P1040193.jpg
P1040190.jpg
P1040182.jpg
P1040183.jpg
There are 968 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 20.
#651 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Hemi! Get back in the kitchen and make some more LOTR Path Of The Dead mods!

No worries.... The POTD mods are on the menu. I just took a LOTR machine in on trade and I will be prototyping/making the more mods for this machine besides the POTD.

#652 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I think the premium side art looks the best and the LE's backglass looks the best. That being said I don't admire my pin for a half an hour before I play, I just turn it on and play. And when it is sandwiched between two pins you can't see the side art anyway.

I am sad to say I am getting the LE for the lit side rails.

#653 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

No need to be sad about that, they look cool. Off topic but how do you like your new BDK??

#654 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think the LE is the way to go!

#655 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

No need to be sad about that, they look cool. Off topic but how do you like your new BDK??

I like it. Crane is s great toy.

#656 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I like it. Crane is s great toy.

BDK is one of my favourites, you got the better end of that deal for sure
Watch the papa tutorial video on it.

#657 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I'm beting the "big reveal" is bringing a sample LE to the Expo.

What I want to know is: where did this idea of there being a "big reveal" from Stern on ST even come from?

Was there some type of announcement from Stern about this?

It seems to be some type of rumor that is being unduly hyped and hung onto by some people who may have their own reasons for this...

But if their was some type of official announcement from Stern, I would also bet that the "reveal" would simply be having a STLE at Expo.

#658 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What I want to know is: where did this idea of there being a "big reveal" from Stern on ST even come from?
It seems to be some type of rumor that is being unduly hyped and hung onto by some people who may have their own reasons for this...
But if their was some type of official announcement from Stern, I would also bet that the "reveal" would simply be having a STLE at Expo.

Welcome back

#659 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I could be wrong but I believe it was posted by someone that spoke to someone at Stern maybe SR. I'm not sure about that though. Pretty much hearsay. That said, for the price tag I'm hoping there will be a reveal of something and that some of those toys on the Premium/LEs are pretty cool.

#660 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I could be wrong but I believe it was posted by someone that spoke to someone at Stern maybe SR. I'm not sure about that though. Pretty much hearsay. That said, for the price tag I'm hoping there will be a reveal of something and that some of those toys on the Premium/LEs are pretty cool.

Don't make me pull out the Purple Monkey Dishwasher Video.

I will believe it when I see it.

#661 10 years ago

Why? The software is 2 weeks old. How complete do you expect it to be? It says a great deal that people think its fun with the first version of the software... I would imagine many updates to come...

Quoted from mechslave:

None of you pre-order guys are concerned by that Wizard Mode video?
Trim chasing lights, a Spencer gifts laser show, art package, blah, blah.... if I had one of these things pre-ordered then the *software* would have me extremely worried at this point.
Not to spoil the wizard mode, but you might want to check out that Wizard Mode vid, esp if you've already reached Portal, Battled for Cybertron, etc.
Software would be my first, second and third concerns if I was ordering a ST. Just sayin' I'm someone who ordered an XM and got rid of it because of the software. I went forward with Metallica because of Lyman. But ST would have my (ahem) spidey-sense tingling if I had money down on it...

#662 10 years ago

I could be wrong but I believe it was posted by someone that spoke to someone at Stern maybe SR. I'm not sure about that though. Pretty much hearsay.

Exactly my point. My brother's friend's ex girlfriend's new boyfriend's dad heard it from his best friend who heard it from Steve Ritchie.

This probably all started with one single post on Pinside, and the torch was carried by others. I expect that they will have a STLE at EXPO but there won't be any major surprises.

#663 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I expect that they will have a STLE at EXPO but there won't be any major surprises.

Well there is still plenty in the model descriptions that we still have not seen for the Premium/LEs. So really the unveil of those features will be a bit of a surprise no?

#664 10 years ago

Well there is still plenty in the model descriptions that we still have not seen. So really the unveil of those features will be a bit of a surprise no?

Sure if you want to interpret it that way.

But that's not what other's are saying. They are expecting some "big reveal" as though there is going to be something on STLE that isn't even listed in the specs. Some boobs are going as far as saying that it will be an LCD!

#665 10 years ago

I doubt they will even have a LE at expo, for sure a pro model though.

#666 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Some boobs are going as far as saying that it will be an LCD!

well I am a wishful boob.

#667 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I doubt they will even have a LE at expo, for sure a pro model though.

If the LE's were supposedly going to start shipping mid October (I always thought that seemed optimistic...but maybe not since Pro's have been shipping) why wouldn't they have one at Expo?

#668 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If the LE's were supposedly going to start shipping mid October (I always thought that seemed optimistic...but maybe not since Pro's have been shipping) why wouldn't they have one at Expo?

Yeah -they'll have one at expo. I expect that's the big unveil. SHow off the ship moving and crashing, the LEDs, and the laser.
Anything on top of that will be a complete bonus in my eyes.

#669 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't think Stern announced anything. This is just what I heard here on Pinside. But I'll bet you that whatever happens at the Expo won't be good enough. It's the old classic setup to fail trick. LOL

#670 10 years ago

I have never seen Stern bring anything to Expo much less seen Stern with any kind of booth. Marco & Trent always display the newest Sterns.

#671 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't remember Stern ever having a LE at expo.
Transformers Pro, X-Men Pro.
I could be wrong. Just what I remember from the past.

#672 10 years ago

I don't think they ever did recently.

#673 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I have never seen Stern bring anything to Expo much less seen Stern with any kind of booth. Marco & Trent always display the newest Sterns.

Yeah, that's what I remember to Keith. Although I am told Stern shares the booth with Marco.
Trent will usually have a game to play by the tournament row of the newest Stern.
I remember pro versions of Avatar, Transformers and XMen but never saw a LE or Premium model. It would be nice this year.

#674 10 years ago

If I were Stern I would try to keep the hype and speculation of an LE front and center so people will continue to pay a huge premium for future LE's. That means transitioning to LCD with an LE version as a surprise gift to those who were willing to take the plunge. And limiting the LCD to just those LE's. Get them going for 5 figures.

#675 10 years ago

What about the people that paid for Pros not knowing that they might have had the option of an LE with and LCD.... Imo 2015 will be the earliest for an LCD for Stern

#676 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

If I were Stern I would try to keep the hype and speculation of an LE front and center so people will continue to pay a huge premium for future LE's. That means transitioning to LCD with an LE version as a surprise gift to those who were willing to take the plunge. And limiting the LCD to just those LE's. Get them going for 5 figures.

I just don't see that happening. You'd lose a ton of Premium orders ( I guess up to 799) which are supposed to ship after the LE. Nice idea though.

#677 10 years ago

People should stop with these lcd rumors. There is no foundation to it. At least on ST (and most likely the next few Sterns).

#678 10 years ago

Hmm when the final DMD is announced I wonder how many people will pay top dollar for that... But then TAG and a few other games will be dmd.

#679 10 years ago

The LE's and Premiums share the same code. One can't have an LCD (or new system) without the other.

That being said....it's more likely they will be an EM than an LCD this time!.

#680 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why? The software is 2 weeks old. How complete do you expect it to be? It says a great deal that people think its fun with the first version of the software... I would imagine many updates to come...

Yeah, you missed my point entirely. Yes, the software will be updated, and yes it's incomplete at this point but the Final Wizard Mode is already in the game, and it's a terribly bland and recycled wizard mode. I'd be worried less if it wasn't there at all!

How often does Stern completely remove a wizard mode and replace it with something else entirely? I'd love to share your optimisim, but unfortunately I've had first hand experience with Stern LE code/rule problems and the lack of quality updates. This isn't a Lyman game, so my optimism shrinks even more.

I sincerely hope they do rip that wizard mode out and replace it with something creative and new. I don't have a ST on order, but I do have friends ordering one, and I already know the layout is nice, so if the software is really inventive and genius then I might like to have one some day.

And yes, PLEASE stop with the LCD rumors, prayers and hope. It's just silly. Stern does not have the staff or capabilities at this point to even begin to create color video content for a color LCD screen. I doubt you'll see a Stern LCD a year from now even. Until they see the LE orders on DMD's slack off, I don't see Stern moving to LCD...

#681 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Stern does not have the staff or capabilities at this point to even begin to create color video content for a color LCD screen.

They may be secretive, but they do always announce new hires. So I do believe we'd be able to catch wind of a new graphic team when that day comes. Today is not that day. Nor at expo.

Also, in another thread, there was talk about an ACDC being put on location running the new bus system as a test. And guess what, it's still a dmd. Time to get over the rumors.

JJP will have to be producing 3 titles a year and threaten a serious dent in Stern to really shake things up. Right now it looks like ST will easily outsell WOZ by a huge margin, and think of all the titles Stern has released since the WOZ announcement.

#682 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

They may be secretive, but they do always announce new hires. So I do believe we'd be able to catch wind of a new graphic team when that day comes. Today is not that day. Nor at expo.
Also, in another thread, there was talk about an ACDC being put on location running the new bus system as a test. And guess what, it's still a dmd. Time to get over the rumors.
JJP will have to be producing 3 titles a year and threaten a serious dent in Stern to really shake things up. Right now it looks like ST will easily outsell WOZ by a huge margin, and think of all the titles Stern has released since the WOZ announcement.

Curious. Since JJP has no Pro equivalent price point, it would be interesting to see if ST Premium/LE outsells WOZ/WOZLE. I'm assuming the bulk of Stern's sales remains, even with the new Premiums, from their Pro models.

#683 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

I'm assuming the bulk of Stern's sales remains, even with the new Premiums, from their Pro models.

I'm sure Stern would love to sh!tcan the Pro line, focus on the higher end stuff. That alone could be the reason for slow movement away from dmd and small steps forward. The good news for us is they still make very compelling Pro models.

#684 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm sure Stern would love to sh!tcan the Pro line, focus on the higher end stuff. That alone could be the reason for slow movement away from dmd and small steps forward. The good news for us is they still make very compelling Pro models.

Stern's main business is selling to operators so the pro models are key for locations at a reasonable price. The home market with LE editions is secondary.

#685 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Stern's main business is selling to operators so the pro models are key for locations at a reasonable price. The home market with LE editions is secondary.

I think the asecndence of the Premium/LE/home market over the pros will happen after Gary retires. He's still from the generation of routed machines and operators. That market most likely won't return to its glory days. It would appear Gary is grooming Gomez to take over for him.

#686 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

JJP will have 2 to 3 titles in 2015 and from there on out......

Since we already know that Gary is all about the Op/pro market and the Le buyer is secondary, I wonder how its going to go when more JJP titles get out on route and the same results keep happening where they out earn the top Stern titles 2 to 1......

And it looks like "ST will easily outsell Woz by a huge margin".....how did you determine that little nugget of info, STLE won't even sell out the 799, until the price drops significantly?

#687 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Since we already know that Gary is all about the Op/pro market and the Le buyer is secondary, I wonder how its going to go when more JJP titles get out on route and the same results keep happening where they out earn the top Stern titles 2 to 1......
And it looks like "ST will easily outsell Woz by a huge margin".....how did you determine that little nugget of info, STLE won't even sell out the 799, until the price drops significantly?

Purple Monkey Dishwasher......Simpsons.

#688 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern already sold out of the 799, so I'm not sure what you are talking about there. And I'd also bet that all models (pro, premium, LE) of ST will eventually outsell WOZ. Remember, WOZ has been for sale for three years. ST for three weeks.

#689 10 years ago

If stern didn't think he could sell out of LE's he wouldn't have priced it that way. Looking more like it was a good business decision in hindsight in spite of the armchair pinsider quarterbacks.

#690 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Since we already know that Gary is all about the Op/pro market and the Le buyer is secondary......

Many companies make most of their money from a small number of higher margin clients. I would think that Stern is starting to make the majority of their profit on the LE's, especially with increased LE volumes and prices. But like the airlines, you have to fill the Coach seats (Pro) to cover your overhead and then you make most of your money on 1st class (LE). I'd be surprised if Stern isn't rapidly approaching the point where the LE's are driving the majority of profits. I'm just speculating though.

#691 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Many companies make most of their money from a small number of higher margin clients. I would think that Stern is starting to make the majority of their profit on the LE's, especially with increased LE volumes and prices. But like the airlines, you have to fill the Coach seats (Pro) to cover your overhead and then you make most of your money on 1st class (LE). I'd be surprised if Stern isn't rapidly approaching the point where the LE's are driving the majority of profits. I'm just speculating though.

I Like the Airline analogy. That fits. Though I'm sure the LE is more profitable, I wouldn't think it would the "majority of profits" from the game title lineup.

#692 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Stern already sold out of the 799, so I'm not sure what you are talking about there. And I'd also bet that all models (pro, premium, LE) of ST will eventually outsell WOZ. Remember, WOZ has been for sale for three years. ST for three weeks.

Who says "Stern sold out"........and yet they are/will be readily available in the distributors hands for a long time to come.........IF they did, good for them, bad for the distributors, I might add that the overseas market for LE's is DOA with that price increase based on what they already have to pay.......

And as Woz gets out there and production gets completed, I'd bet you that ST doesn't even come close to outselling Woz.....but we'll see, won't we, I might buy one a year or so down the road when the code is closer to being done and I sell my SM.....

#694 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

It never ends!!!!!

It never will!!!!

#695 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who says "Stern sold out"........and yet they are/will be readily available in the distributors hands for a long time to come.........IF they did, good for them, bad for the distributors,

Same thing goes for WOZ. Distributors have bought them up too.

#696 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Same thing goes for WOZ. Distributors have bought them up too.

The big difference though is that there is an end consumer that has already paid for those pins just waiting to be built and either delivered to consumer or put on route....most, the vast majority of Woz pins are already spoken for....

But hey, we shall see what happens, its a good thing for the consumer that we have choices now!

It's all good, I'm an unbiased consumer, I have Ac/dc premium showing up in about 5 minutes! It's all good Pappy, Woz next week.....gotta love this pinball thing

#697 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There are 2 assumptions here I simply don't agree with.

1. JJP can survive through 2015 on the high-end collector market (and some ops), and will generate enough profit to fund R&D for 2-3 titles a year.
2. WoZ out-earns Stern pins 2 to 1.

Let's see how WoZ is doing in a year, when there's nothing new from JJP to replace it yet.

#698 10 years ago

Who cares don't you all ever get sick of this circular debate? Sorry for me it is tiresome the same jabs being exchanged back and forth by the same people.

#699 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

1. JJP can survive through 2015 on the high-end collector market (and some ops), and will generate enough profit to fund R&D for 2-3 titles a year.
Let's see how WoZ is doing in a year, when there's nothing new from JJP to replace it yet.

See Bene posts as Op re #2. Just a fact

I realize some really hope for JJP failure. But if had to pick one to invest in it wouldn't be Stern. We will see soon enough. But hey I'm also unbiased here

#700 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

WOZ with an LCD will still look new next year if Stern hasn't put one out yet!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 968 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-game-play-video/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.