P1020917.1.JPG
STC.jpg
STB.jpg
STA.jpg
P1040193.jpg
P1040190.jpg
P1040182.jpg
P1040183.jpg
There are 968 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 20.
#551 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's not just the kickback mech, the playfield is different, the outlane is big and has an orbit metal on it to catch the ball.

Plus we haven't seen the laser toy and other features mentioned in the Model list from Stern. There seemed to be a lot of potentially cool things included in the Premium/LE models. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the ship is a physical lock that shoots balls back at the player.

#552 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

WOW, and I thought putting a pinball machine back together was hard

yea evap work on most cars suck...

#553 10 years ago

lol made the comment on Sterns FB page saying that their video thread was a bit late.... and it got deleted...

#554 10 years ago

Looks really good so far. Might be my first Pin. Depends how the Premium holds up to the Hobbit. Can't afford one until next year, so I have the benefit of time to see which one I like....but I'm liking what i'm seeing so far on Star Trek!

#555 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Just listened to a recording of an interview Gary Stern did for WGN radio in Chicago. Stern had posted a link to it on their facebook page today. In it Gary says the LE/Premium will have a much more intense light show due to tri color leds being used in greater numbers than the pro, and the fact that the Vengence "will crash and burn into the playfield. Not literally burn as we don't want to catch your home on fire".
LE is sounding better and better.

This may actually mean "The Vengence will lift 2" then shake violently with flashing aluminum foil flashers going crazy".

I honestly can't recall ever being blown away by a "surprise from stern".

Do I think it will be a good game? Yes. Do I think the extra things on the LE are going to be mind-boggling? Nope.

#556 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

lol made the comment on Sterns FB page saying that their video thread was a bit late.... and it got deleted...

Unless you don't care, I'd be careful with that, they're freaks when it comes to their Facebook page. They'll block you in a heartbeat.

#557 10 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

Unless you don't care, I'd be careful with that, they're freaks when it comes to their Facebook page. They'll block you in a heartbeat.

I still cant believe they block people for posting. certain things sure they have an image to up hold... but just blocking after one comment bad PR...

now back to the important stuff half naked chicks next to pinball machines lol

#558 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

This may actually mean "The Vengence will lift 2" then shake violently with flashing aluminum foil flashers going crazy".
Do I think it will be a good game? Yes. Do I think the extra things on the LE are going to be mind-boggling? Nope.

Were you blown away by anything on woz?

#559 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Just listened to a recording of an interview Gary Stern did for WGN radio in Chicago. Stern had posted a link to it on their facebook page today. In it Gary says the LE/Premium will have a much more intense light show due to tri color leds being used in greater numbers than the pro, and the fact that the Vengence "will crash and burn into the playfield. Not literally burn as we don't want to catch your home on fire".
LE is sounding better and better.

So do you think that means that the "flap" on the front of the Vengeance's saucer is where the saucer "contacts" the playfield: that it folds up a bit as the saucer "crashes" into the playfield, accompanied by dramatic lighting/sound?

#560 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

What other "Surprises" were announced from Stern in the past?

#561 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

So do you think that means that the "flap" on the front of the Vengeance's saucer is where the saucer "contacts" the playfield: that it folds up a bit as the saucer "crashes" into the playfield, accompanied by dramatic lighting/sound?

im really hoping for a champion pub kinda thing with a time to get so many hits then it pulls back up and shoots a ball rinse repeat

#562 10 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

Lol well lets hope they take it on board and release videos prior to the next game being released.

#563 10 years ago

So is that expo with the big secret reveal this weekend??

#564 10 years ago

Lol what are you thinking???

#565 10 years ago

I like Star Trek and all, but man...I could NOT possibly care less about this machine.

#566 10 years ago

the LE is going to rock!! but honestly, crash and burn into playfield means a simple tilt mechanism. Defeat the vengeance and weep! a little tilt. WOW!!!!!!! Alert the media! Gary just brought back a device invented in 1890. Still I am a sucker for Sterns new machines.

#567 10 years ago

Lol what are you thinking???

Stern is suppose to do a big reveal on Star Trek at an expo but I don't know which one?? Is it the one happening this weekend?

Expo.jpgExpo.jpg

#568 10 years ago

So is that expo with the big secret reveal this weekend??

We wont see the big guns until Expo... namely...

Lase Starfield Playfield Projector.

Seriously... its gonna be mind blowing.

#569 10 years ago

Hmmm given the LEs are not out till late Nov would it not be too early for the prems etc to be revealed at the launch parties??

#570 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Hmmm given the LEs are not out till late Nov would it not be too early for the prems etc to be revealed at the launch parties??

My understanding of the LE and Premiums is that no-one will see one physically until Chicago Expo.

#571 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

That's a "nope" for me too..........no lcd, no surprise, no blown away........good pin, yes...

#572 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Launch parties are for Pro's only to my knowledge. Any location that is getting a Pro can have a launch party. The Springfield, Mo one is mine. I just emailed Josh Sharpe about it and he set me up.

#573 10 years ago

Stern is suppose to do a big reveal on Star Trek at an expo but I don't know which one?? Is it the one happening this weekend?

This flyer reminded me of why the Premium cab is looking good to me right now.

#574 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Premiums are being ran last on this one.

#575 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

My understanding of the LE and Premiums is that no-one will see one physically until Chicago Expo.

so when is this Chicago expo happening??

#576 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

And the LE's are suppose to be coming out mid October not November.

#577 10 years ago

Fingers are crossed we'll all be on here, stoked about receiving our LEs in 2 weeks time.

#578 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Fingers are crossed we'll all be on here, stoked about receiving our LEs in 2 weeks time.

There is one of those launch parties happening in Toronto, are you going??

#579 10 years ago

And the LE's are suppose to be coming out mid October not November.

Ah ok.... Yeah looking forward to seeing the changes.. The code has to be updated tho...

#580 10 years ago

so, videos of the le's in 2 weeks, can't wait to see the big difference.

#581 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

That's gratitude for ya huh? Heck they should cut you a check for all the positive publicity you brought them. Before your videos arrived this thing was sinking like a stone

#582 10 years ago

There is one of those launch parties happening in Toronto, are you going??

Date says "TBD". Also, there's one at Starburst/Playdium already. I hear it's great but have not been to see it. Might just wait another couple weeks til the LEs arrive.
I'm not crazy about seeing a lot of it until they have another chance for a code update.

#583 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Will be interesting to see how the Premium/LE plays. It has a HUGE GAPING outlane on the left, which houses the kickback. So obviously that can be programmed to adjust ball times. The Pro does not have this though.

That's why I'm now considering the pro as I hated that sadistic left outlane on STTNG and this looks to be a rehash on the LE... I know you can hopefully stack kickbacks, etc but those huge steel outlanes always kicked my ass

#584 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

That's gratitude for ya huh? Heck they should cut you a check for all the positive publicity you brought them. Before your videos arrived this thing was sinking like a stone

Lol well not sure that they knew it was me, but it was a cheeky comment. Yeah I am sure the actual game play has changed alot of peoples minds. I really like the game however the manipulation of the scores by continually only going for the warp ramp is a let down...

Once you have got it upto 500k then theres no point in going for anything else...

#585 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Lol well not sure that they knew it was me, but it was a cheeky comment. Yeah I am sure the actual game play has changed alot of peoples minds. I really like the game however the manipulation of the scores by continually only going for the warp ramp is a let down...
Once you have got it upto 500k then theres no point in going for anything else...

Well Stern was also just plain lucky it was you that did the videos. Wasn't really so much the "actual gameplay" but the *player* in this case.You make it look easy and we all think "man I can't wait to make it hum along just like that dude!".

For most of us that won't be the case

Now if I would have had access to it and made some videos people would have seen every post being nailed and constant drains and everybody would have thought "that machine must suck!"
and sales would have tanked.

So Stern owes you - plain and simple. Gary... cut that check! Right now

#586 10 years ago

Lol I think the game will play ALOT easier than say ACDC/Tron/TF for alot of people so thats a great thing!!! Its what I have been pushing for all along. Games for the novice and the expert.

#587 10 years ago

Maybe it's just me, but I think the premiums look like ass. Good thing there's plenty of LEs to go around.

#588 10 years ago

so when is this Chicago expo happening??

Expo is October 16 to 20. Presumably the big reveal will be in the Stern session on Friday the 18th.

#589 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Expo is October 16 to 20. Presumably the big reveal will be in the Stern session on Friday the 18th.

Thanks .
I was told the LE's would be ready to pick up on the 16th but it sounds like we won't get them until the 18th .

#590 10 years ago

Maybe you can pick them up on the 16th and the box will have a "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL THE 18TH" sticker on it ...

#591 10 years ago

Ha, what a tease that would be

#592 10 years ago

Yeah but you guys love a tease lol

#593 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

#594 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Imagine what that would be like if there was another sticker that said "LCD inside".

I keep wondering if the big reveal might be the LE has an LCD display and video clips from the movie. (OK, maybe it's more like wishful thinking / dreaming, like every time I buy a lottery ticket)

#595 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Imagine what that would be like if there was another sticker that said "LCD inside".
I keep wondering if the big reveal might be the LE has an LCD display and video clips from the movie. (OK, maybe it's more like wishful thinking / dreaming, like every time I buy a lottery ticket)

My question would be from a business standpoint why would they ever decide to pretend that it is a DMD when it is an LCD? Why announce something to create a buzz that doesn't show off one of your biggest innovations? Why would they release the LCD on a system that they will be abandoning soon? Okay so I guess that was an onslaught of questions sorry.

#596 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

IF there was an LCD on the LE the sales on prems and pros would die in the arse.....

#597 10 years ago

I'm good with putting the LCD on the premiums too ...

Perfectly fine with a DMD on Pros which aren't going to be the STs in most home collections.

#598 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

My question would be from a business standpoint why would they ever decide to pretend that it is a DMD when it is an LCD? Why announce something to create a buzz that doesn't show off one of your biggest innovations? Why would they release the LCD on a system that they will be abandoning soon? Okay so I guess that was an onslaught of questions sorry.

All good questions that show why that sticker would be more appropriate for April 1st deliveries and why there's unlikely to be one on my box when it's delivered.

#599 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I keep wondering if the big reveal might be the LE has an LCD display and video clips from the movie.

And the new operating system!Which is probably needed for the LCD.

#600 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Maybe it's just me, but I think the premiums look like ass. Good thing there's plenty of LEs to go around.

I like the look of the Premium,But that LE translight is the best by far!<blockquote

cite="#1147464">Games for the novice and the expert.

Like SM!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
There are 968 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-game-play-video/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.