P1020917.1.JPG
STC.jpg
STB.jpg
STA.jpg
P1040193.jpg
P1040190.jpg
P1040182.jpg
P1040183.jpg
There are 968 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 20.
#501 10 years ago

magnoliarichj do us a fav and post a copy of your icon image in this thread... thanks

Let me get this for Magno

// Error: Image 137563 not found // image.jpgimage.jpg

#502 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I wonder if Stern has held back the Metallica update as not to hurt Star Trek sales?

Could be right. That means it may not come out until after the LE reveal/expo.

#503 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I wonder if Stern has held back the Metallica update as not to hurt Star Trek sales?

I doubt that. It can only help confidence in ST to show that they're completing pins. To that end, getting another xmen update out the door would do wonders.

#504 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I doubt that. It can only help confidence in ST to show that they're completing pins. To that end, getting another xmen update out the door would do wonders.

That won't be happening for a long time if ever IMO.

#506 10 years ago

Wasn't there a met update in August? Metallica owners sure are demanding - maybe cause Lyman is working on the code? Dam it Jim, he's a programmer not a miracle worker

#507 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Yes, but we know a Metallica update is coming, A lot of people are asking Met pro or ST pro & if a killer code update came out for Metallica it would hurt ST sales, don't get me started on Xmen code. lol

#508 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Yes, but we know a Metallica update is coming, A lot of people are asking Met pro or ST pro & if a killer code update came out for Metallica it would hurt ST sales, don't get me started on Xmen code. lol

So there are thoughts that Stern is delaying existing code updates to help new game sales? Sounds like a fairly dangerous business tactic. I kind of doubt Stern is this clever to be honest with you.

#509 10 years ago

Part 8 is up. Save the Federation president!

#510 10 years ago

Well, and add to the fact that probably Stern considers MET "complete" and Lyman is now working on it on his own and any updates are squarely on his shoulders.

#511 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

So there are thoughts that Stern is delaying existing code updates to help new game sales? Sounds like a fairly dangerous business tactic. I kind of doubt Stern is this clever to be honest with you.

Have to keep the production line ticking over

#512 10 years ago

No Kahn yet. Well the code is early.

#513 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, and add to the fact that probably Stern considers MET "complete" and Lyman is now working on it on his own and any updates are squarely on his shoulders.

How can Stern say it is complete when it has missing features??!!!!

#514 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Could be right. That means it may not come out until after the LE reveal/expo.

When is the reveal/expo?

#515 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How can Stern say it is complete when it has missing features??!!!!

dunno but it seems thats how things roll around there.

#516 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

dunno but it seems thats how things roll around there.

I put a large bet that there will be a code update for Metallica at some point.

#517 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I put a large bet that there will be a code update for Metallica at some point.

yes there will be, but not from any company decision, that is pure Lyman caring about it.

#518 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

yes there will be, but not from any company decision, that is pure Lyman caring about it.

Doubt that at this stage of MET. Maybe if it was a year from now like how we got a surprise TRON update. But it's well known Lyman is working on MET and no other game. My guess...big MET update before he begins work on the next stern.

#519 10 years ago

So i watched part 8, don't know where part 7 is, and it looks like there is nothing to actually accomplish in the wizard mode other than hitting everything scores points and completing every shot gives super jackpot. Hopefully that will change in later versions of the code or that would be pretty lame.

#520 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That's why I was going to bet.

#521 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

sorry guys I was busy at work doing this

#522 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

sorry guys I was busy at work doing this

#523 10 years ago

omg how did I miss that

#524 10 years ago

ugh

// Error: Image 137684 not found //

#525 10 years ago

Stern Star Trek Pinball Part 7 *** Glass off... SPOILER!!! ***

And

Stern Star Trek Pinball Game Play Video Part 8 *** Final Wizard Mode SPOILER!!!! ***

#526 10 years ago

WOW, and I thought putting a pinball machine back together was hard

#527 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

» YouTube video
Stern Star Trek Pinball Game Play Video Part 8 *** Final Wizard Mode SPOILER!!!! ***
» YouTube video

I can't watch the glass off spoiler (part 7) it says "Video is private" and it's not on your channel either??

#528 10 years ago

Sorry 7 was private... now public

#529 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

And
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Thank RGR, I have to say nothing earth shattering there, I was expecting wizard mode to have some big offering, but it's basically shoot the lit arrows over and over?

#530 10 years ago

I LOVE my new Metallica pin but F*** me I HAVE to get a Star Trek! Thanks RGR...

#531 10 years ago

Yeah TF 2.0

#532 10 years ago

So where is the "Captain's Chair" mode?

I thought once you completed 3 missions in a row it would become lit?

Or is that the "Wizard Mode"?

#533 10 years ago

So heres how it goes:

Complete 6 missions: Mission Multiball
Complete 12 missions: Mini wizard mode (the battery ran out and I could not get this in Video 7)
Complete 18 missions: Final wizard mode. (I believe this is captains chair but I do not believe that the captains chair insert was lit).

The one thing that I did not do was to complete/ finish vengence multiball. It *could* be that that needed to be completed however I doubt it.

#534 10 years ago

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/Games/startrek/StarTrek-LE-Detail-01.JPG

In that image the playfield has a little blurb that states "Completing 3 missions in any line advances to the captain's chair".

Is that not a mode?

#535 10 years ago

It's the standard cut 'n' past Lonnie wiz mode he uses on every single game. Shoot every shot twice then shoot super, repeat. Hopefully just temporary.

#536 10 years ago

Just listened to a recording of an interview Gary Stern did for WGN radio in Chicago. Stern had posted a link to it on their facebook page today. In it Gary says the LE/Premium will have a much more intense light show due to tri color leds being used in greater numbers than the pro, and the fact that the Vengence "will crash and burn into the playfield. Not literally burn as we don't want to catch your home on fire".

LE is sounding better and better.

#537 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

It's the standard cut 'n' past Lonnie wiz mode he uses on every single game. Shoot every shot twice then shoot super, repeat. Hopefully just temporary.

Danger Room is bad ass. Hopefully he can do something creative like it for ST.

#538 10 years ago

Steve needs to bring back the feel of his old games. Like the Superjackpot of HS2 and the warp combos of STTNG. Thats the shit that makes you wanna play over and over. ST has some good stuff tho like the jackpots in Vengeance and Mission....

#539 10 years ago

I believe some clever guy said that on page 1 ... its about the 15th post down...

rd

#540 10 years ago

Man, I am loving how this game is shaping up can't wait to see the Premium/LE. I hope they put some things on these models that will take it to the next level.

#541 10 years ago

Yeah have to say I am surprised... Wasnt expecting something which had such good flow...

#542 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Steve needs to bring back the feel of his old games. Like the Superjackpot of HS2 and the warp combos of STTNG. Thats the shit that makes you wanna play over and over. ST has some good stuff tho like the jackpots in Vengeance and Mission....

Yes..... DAN FORDEN!!!! All the best sounds in pinball & MK ..... TOASTY!

#543 10 years ago

watched the video 7 and the game is faaaaaaaaar from complete.
will not buy a new stern again unless it is complete. hope many people do the same so they can re-think their strategy.
one thing is to put out a game that needs adjustments, another is to put out half a game.

#544 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

watched the video 7 and the game is faaaaaaaaar from complete.

Well, SR referred to the current code as sparse. I think in a month's time we'll have a good idea.

#545 10 years ago

A few initial impressions
1. The guy playing is good at pinball, this of course makes the game look pretty sweet.
2. I love the light show with all the flashers, the spinner shot with the flasher is SICK, the game seems to just "glisten"
3. The soundtrack, sound effects, and call outs seem pretty sweet.
4. I like how most shots can be made from either flipper, however thats not always a good thing in terms of difficulty and can lead to long ball times, but i realize it helps with flow.
5. Hoping the mode rules change, although i didnt notice too much, it just seemed like each mode was the same right now?
6. I think the key to a fun game is a good center shot, and of course the throwback to AFM on this machine helps.
7. cant wait to play one.

#546 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

4. I like how most shots can be made from either flipper, however thats not always a good thing in terms of difficulty and can lead to long ball times, but i realize it helps with flow.

Will be interesting to see how the Premium/LE plays. It has a HUGE GAPING outlane on the left, which houses the kickback. So obviously that can be programmed to adjust ball times. The Pro does not have this though.

#547 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Will be interesting to see how the Premium/LE plays. It has a HUGE GAPING outlane on the left, which houses the kickback. So obviously that can be programmed to adjust ball times. The Pro does not have this though.

You're right. That's an interesting point. I think that's an interesting choice from Stern to leave a feature like that out of the pro, I guess it makes sense, you'd want more drains on route right? lol.

#548 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

You're right. That's an interesting point. I think that's an interesting choice from Stern to leave a feature like that out of the pro, I guess it makes sense, you'd want more drains on route right? lol.

Very true and I can't imagine a kickback much would cost a ton to cut it out on the pro.
I am looking forward to the LE.

#549 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

i understand the choice to leave it out of the pro for games that are on route but they should give pro's owner the option to install one just by selling a kit, just like a shaker.

#550 10 years ago

It's not just the kickback mech, the playfield is different, the outlane is big and has an orbit metal on it to catch the ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 968 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-game-play-video/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.