Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jdoz2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Anyone have a Stern Star Trek Pro in the wild and willing to comment on how earnings have been? Trying to decide between a Star Trek and A-list Williams for adding to a location.

Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

Not a big help, but the local pinball bar got one in a few weeks ago, and every time I'm up there, there are people on it, and that is on $1 per play, $2 for 3 and every other game is .50/1 $1/3. It's gotta be doing pretty well...just remember, everyone wants to play the newest title.

#3 10 years ago

Owner of our local FEC "Nickelrama" that is 95% redemption and 10 stern pins said that Star Trek has been pulling in double of any other game in the lineup. They're all 20 cents a play, with a 2.95/person admission. Up against Spider-Man, Metallica, Avatar, Tron, Transformers, Avengers, Elvis, AC/DC, Batman.

He's actually considering putting some LEDs in his other games, which he has NEVER done before..

#4 10 years ago

How the heck does the op make money at 20 cents a play?

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How the heck does the op make money at 20 cents a play?

There is admission fee to get in of $3. I would guess there are food and drinks as well. Larger establishment

#6 10 years ago

Thanks, this helps me. I wonder how long Star Trek will be a strong earner, compared to classic A-list titles? I guess that's always the big unknown, whether or not a new pin will have staying power.

#7 10 years ago

Mine does decent. Earns the same as Metallica still though. General thoughts by bar players is there is not enough interesting things for the ball to interact with. It's all ramps and loops.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from adalogue:

Thanks, this helps me. I wonder how long Star Trek will be a strong earner, compared to classic A-list titles? I guess that's always the big unknown, whether or not a new pin will have staying power.

Local OP was here last week ish to grab some stuff. He said his Metallica and ST pro are killing it currently. He LED'd his metallica. All his pins with LEDs far exceed the ones that are yet to be LED'd.

ST plays well and looks "modern". The OP commented after he started LEDing his A-list pins he got a boatload of complaints that they looked like crap with LEDS and people won't play them, but they earned way better. Just goes to show the loudest usually aren't correct.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

he got a boatload of complaints that they looked like crap with LEDS and people won't play them, but they earned way better. Just goes to show the loudest usually aren't correct.

Letting a machine talk with it's intake. I like it.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

There is admission fee to get in of $3. I would guess there are food and drinks as well. Larger establishment

No food or drinks short of a coke machine and a snack vending machine..

All his money is on redemption and parties..

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I've always been surprised he keeps that many pins at nickelrama. They definitely don't hold a candle to the redemption games from an earnings perspective. If he wants the pinball there because he likes having pinball around, I wish he'd do a few less pins in order to keep them in good working shape.

#12 10 years ago

We put on out on location at a local arcade and in the first month it had 2045 plays. It outearned every other pinball in the place.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Ah, bummer. Without having been there, sounds less than fun. At least, much different than how I was picturing it

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Ah, bummer. Without having been there, sounds less than fun. At least, much different than how I was picturing it

Quoted from Snailman:

I've always been surprised he keeps that many pins at nickelrama. They definitely don't hold a candle to the redemption games from an earnings perspective. If he wants the pinball there because he likes having pinball around, I wish he'd do a few less pins in order to keep them in good working shape.

I'll take what I can get. It's not like we're going to get Pinballs Dallas or Joystix Dallas anytime soon, if ever.

#15 10 years ago

I have mine in a boardgame store with only one other pin (Stargate) and it has averaged about $100 a week at $.75 a play. This is also a store with no history of pinball before I put those two in there a month ago.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'll take what I can get. It's not like we're going to get Pinballs Dallas or Joystix Dallas anytime soon, if ever.

Doesn't mean it's still not a bummer When one get's satisfied then one does not improve.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I have mine in a boardgame store with only one other pin (Stargate) and it has averaged about $100 a week at $.75 a play. This is also a store with no history of pinball before I put those two in there a month ago.

Just dropped $5 in it on my lunch break

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-earnings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.