New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 190018)

Star Trek drop Target drops without contact

By Zora

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Zora
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

The drop target in front of the vengeance ship drops without ball contact, when the ball is in the bumpers or during gameplay. It comes up and often drops again immediately due to its own vibration until it finally stays down for the first vengeance MB. So it seems to be too sensitive. Is there a screw at the Target to fix this or any other idea?

I know the behaviour is favourable for the gameplay, but I am not cheating.

Thank you for any Feedback.

#2 3 years ago

I had the same on my Metallica with the gravemarkers droptargets.

There should be a spring which adjusts, how tight the droptarget sits on the playfield. If it isn't tight enough the target will accidentally drop (just like in your case) and if it is too tight it will just go down hardly.

By making the spring a bit tighter you should no longer have that problem.

Don't forget turning the game off before servicing!

#3 3 years ago

Geht sowatt nich auf Deutsch?

#4 3 years ago

Geht sicher auf deutsch, but perhaps other pinsiders are interested as well.

Thanks for your feedback. My issue was that the black ledge that holds the stand up target (when up) was broken. Replaced it by a self constructed ledge (get a replacement later) and now it works 95%. Only sometimes some problems, when the pin has to drop the target by himself, because the mechanism with the small coil fails in the first attempt.

The whole construction of the unit looks a bit weak. Especially the plastic material of the broken ledge should have been made with hard plastic or metal instead of the weak plastic actually used.

#5 3 years ago

Yep, replaced that part on mine as well, used G10 fiberglass board as it broke on my ST alk will. All that is left now is loosening the spring a hair more on mine.

#6 3 years ago

That could be good for my game as well. Which spring do you mean, the big one at the right side of the target plastic? How to losen it best?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
7,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lyme, NH

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside