Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 378 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 76 days ago by mbott1701
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4DD7C1F0-D6FC-4999-B075-8E752C3AD35E (resized).jpeg
    17DD13E3-2CE3-4347-81B2-11260A466740 (resized).jpeg
    35A96EDC-473B-43C3-8F1B-732236772219 (resized).jpeg
    805E64B7-E934-4156-AD09-DDBF6D946BBA (resized).jpeg
    6D29A04D-9C23-4ADE-AC32-1078965D2BFC (resized).jpeg
    F85EF61C-85C0-457B-A9E6-1667AEC8B3C2 (resized).jpeg
    62BEE7A7-2A51-47D2-9E7E-F1CDB59D6843 (resized).jpeg
    7B15F387-248D-4052-9010-79C6D9282F7A (resized).png
    ADDB4585-0875-427C-9323-9C02D028ADB9 (resized).jpeg
    9C0AB7F1-557A-4BFA-AB60-C213F7DA1B97 (resized).jpeg
    E64220F2-8990-4EA3-804C-F356F8553D85 (resized).jpeg
    5E2573ED-ED9D-4318-86E9-096AFEA4B885 (resized).jpeg
    BBA1CEFC-E20B-477B-97D2-C93358CBF350 (resized).jpeg
    E8114097-11EA-4641-BD24-D794AF1975CC (resized).png
    1B0DCBC6-E14D-48A5-9C4E-7AFB47DCACAB (resized).jpeg
    0AD0FB38-B42B-4D80-B7CC-E7AC0897D26A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

Damn it... now I might now have a complete set.
    This won't do.. just won't do.

#5 4 years ago

If anyone has a super cheap blown out STNG project they want to part with.... I have a retheme in mind.

1 month later
    #15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Loganpinball:

Thanks for the interest!. One of the manufacturers should consider going after discovery for themselves and making another Star Trek machine. Theres a good amount of material in the two seasons that aired.

Saw an internet story somewhere recently that STD is funded thru Season 5. And they it's also been picked up for a movie.
    We'll see.

#20 3 years ago

Every time I look at back glass I now see Picard the Android. Seriously wtf!

?!? Why; he's not an Android until late life. You're a strange one there sir.

1 week later
    #42 3 years ago

That catch looked... very Klingon... was about to criticize the welding; then remembered, I suck worse.

Nice work so far.

When you're past the Whitewood stage... lets talk about getting you some translucent pop bodies and skirts!

Can't tell from the drop targets... the defiantly aren't Bally, WMS, or Stern drops... Are they Data East?

#49 3 years ago

Duuude... OSHPark.com now does flexible PCBs now.
    Shouldn't be that hard to redesign that flex PCB for modern repair.
    Let me know if you need some help with that.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold"

1 month later
    #99 3 years ago

I think the clear pops is a go!

There may be other color options in the future. Nothing I'm ready to publicly disclose right now.

Zitt can no longer mock that assembly.

Oh? I can still mock it... the internet never forgets.
    Kidding.

1 week later
    #104 3 years ago

Zitt I will be looking for clear bumper parts soon.

I'll be here / No rush. Looks like some Gottlieb popcaps on the modern bases?

As I stated...

Quoted from Zitt:

There may be other color options in the future. Nothing I'm ready to publicly disclose right now.

I've approved the samples... so as soon as the Dragon boat holiday is over; I hope to have them start production shortly... so maybe in 30ish days.

Here's the Data East Wide drop targets in frosted polycarbonate:
    P_20200626_235708 (resized).jpgP_20200626_235708 (resized).jpg
    Unsure if they would fit your drop target assembly.

3 weeks later
    #127 3 years ago

That UFP station looks pretty good... but; what's with that flasher bolted to the top?
    Looks a little out of place to me. Is that just temporary? maybe go with a clear dome like the red ones in STNG's prototype cannons?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8662-13
    Can you mount either from inside the ?model?

1 month later
    #169 3 years ago

I think the clear pops is a go! All this plexi with nothing on it was just going to be template for making others and puting artwork on them. The further I go into it I think leaving them clear might look diferent and work well.

Hey; if you decide you want to do other translucent colors - I now have stock of translucent skirts and bases... which I didn't have a few months ago.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lollypop-popbumper-skirts-amp-bases

Didn't Eaglemoss also do a Discovery Shuttle Craft recently?
    http://Pinball.Click/STD_ClassC
    They say the length of the shuttle is 6.3 inches; I'm guessing that's too big for you're 3d Printed one?

Did you get a chance to watch any of the Discovery stuff during Star Trek Day today? I didn't; was too busy working. :S

1 week later
    #172 3 years ago

LOL I figured you had a plan... or had already ordered the skirts. or something.
    Don't forget the bases.
    http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/PopBumper.php

Are you changing the Drop targets in STD? or are those drops for a different game?
    I thought you'd need:
    http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/replacement-parts-drop-targets-drop-target-data-east-wide-p-61.html
    based upon the pictures I saw earlier in the thread.

#174 3 years ago

So I will get some sleep and sit down over the weekend and place another order.

Ok. feel free to email me. I'm also willing to restock the Stern Drops if you don't need them.

#176 3 years ago

Got your order; will ship on Monday.

1 week later
    #185 3 years ago

STD Season 3... in 13 days.
    I'll probably reactivate my CBS All Access (or is it Paramount+ now); via amazon on or about the 10th.

1 week later
    #199 3 years ago

Ah.. Buying tools to build a pinball. Nothing is better

1 week later
    #205 3 years ago

If there is one thing I want to learn to do is TIG weld.
    One day... he says.

2 weeks later
    #229 3 years ago

Not that you need my approval; you asked for it.
    Yes, you have done a very good job.
    I really want to learn to do the same or better.

3 weeks later
    #267 3 years ago

Man... why aren't you 2part clear coating this beast?
    I swear if you were in in TX... we'd get together one weekend and do it.

#271 3 years ago

I swear a dust storm seems to show up a lot when watching season 3...

1 week later
    #289 3 years ago

What did I do wrong, only took me 1.5years?

#293 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Props to anyone that makes it thru and completes a homebrew.. be it 1yr or 10 1.5 years is awesome though- right up there on pace with the sonic spin ball build.

I need to apologize as I realize my post must have came off "elite-ist". I hate typing responses on phones.
    My home brew was more of a pseudo-retheme; not a full blown machine.
    while I did CNC my own PF and retheme the art ... I used existing game code.
    I imagine when I actually do decide to do my next machine; it won't be 1.5 years. Coding new rules/dmd art isn't something that's going to fly by or come naturally to me.

So; props to these recent homebrew games that are taking years to complete!

Back on topic; Loganpinball ... what are you going to pull from Season 3 now that it's nearly complete?

#298 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Also side note I screwed up my order and actually needed 4 not 3 clear targets.. grrr.

tenor[1] (resized).pngtenor[1] (resized).png

I had not noticed my youtube video had comments enabled.

Meh. Honestly; I *HATED* season 1. Season 2 was better. Season 3 even better yet.
    That said; Picard was great for me - but some friends weren't feeling it.
    We'll see what Season 3's finale has in store for us... I'm very curious what is sending that distress call.

#300 3 years ago

:vague spoilers below - don't read if you haven't see S3Ep9:

IDK; I felt part 1 of the season ending was really kinda "Meh".
    The Mirror universe feels wrong right now after such a Trek like Season 3. It just feels to me like they didn't want to actually do anything else this season and just pulled the mirror universe back from mothballs to fill out the season. I do like the uniforms tho. ;D

Maybe part 2 / season finale will bring it all together... but the "previews" didn't leave me wanting more.
    I honestly don't care what happens to the Empress. I'd rather there be a battle with "The emerald Chain" and/or a science mission to that distress call rather than more "Evil universe" story line. You know she's coming back to the prime universe... because she has to do Section 31.

BTW: When did it become "ok" to do 10 episodes for a "season"? I want to find the asshat that came up with that great idea and kick them out a Airlock.

#302 3 years ago

So; those wide Data East targets work? Awesome.

#305 3 years ago

I personally find the Mirror Universe story in Disco to be lazy.
    That said; we know she's doing Section 31... but the point in "time" where the Guardian claims Philippa is going is perplexing to me.
    It's probably "anywhere" they want it to be. I can't imagine it's back at Disco's original timeline. But who knows.
    We'll see when they finally start filming Section 31.

#332 3 years ago

I am engraving the clear plastics, they will look like ghost flames. I tried out a discovery Spock just to see if it could work.

No. Please.
    If you need true etched plastics; please contact me via PM.
    My laser cutter is happy to help out.

1 week later
    #341 3 years ago

so he just decided to come to work anyways.

Shouldn't he... like be fired... for putting other people at risk?
    Shouldn't that message be loud and clear?
    He should be terminated before you get back to work... I'm not saying you'd do it... but murder or a massive ash kicking would be on my mind when I saw in him next.
    To be clear; given the bs this week... I'm am not inciting anyone to commit a crime... this just really angers me.

That said; Quarantine with a Set of Star trek Pins. Yes please. 2 weeks please.

So; just finished Season 3. I was expecting a cliffhanger season finale... but didn't get it.

2 months later
    #365 3 years ago

I would cross post this coin door idea I just did for my tna machine.

It would be better if those were GFI breakers that would trip as you defeat the reactors.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-discovery-pinball-machine-?tu=zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.