Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TronGuy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I thought I’d start a discussion about a Star Trek: Discovery or Picard themed pin.

I know I would be interested in both, but it wouldn’t be a slam dunk situation. Clearly the market has supported other ST themed pins.

#2 3 years ago

Picard is the better show, IMHO...but Discovery would make a better pin.

#3 3 years ago

For a pin, Discovery, hands down.

#4 3 years ago

I agree, Discovery > Picard. To be successful with a pin, how many seasons of a TV show have to be out? Would there be more buyers a year from now (economy withstanding.)

#5 3 years ago

Star Trek Picard is absolute garbage. Why would you make a pin out of an old man doing absolutely nothing for 10 episodes with terrible 1 dimensional characters, plot holes the size of a borg cube, space plants that take down borg cubes, and a final plot ripped from Mass Effect?

The only solace i have is that it wasnt "picard" , but some romulan clone named "JL" that can barely command a pigeon, let alone a starship.

Can't we get The Orville, The Expanse, or Mass Effect instead? Star Trek isn't what it used to be.

#6 3 years ago

Both are crap

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Star Trek Picard is absolute garbage. Why would you make a pin out of an old man doing absolutely nothing for 10 episodes with terrible 1 dimensional characters, plot holes the size of a borg cube, space plants that take down borg cubes, and a final plot ripped from Mass Effect?
    The only solace i have is that it wasnt "picard" , but some romulan clone named "JL" that can barely command a pigeon, let alone a starship.
    Can't we get The Orville, The Expanse, or Mass Effect instead? Star Trek isn't what it used to be.

How did you like China’s obvious influence on Paramount/CBS in the last episode? The name of starfleets Flagship sure the F wasn’t the Enterprise was it? Reminds me of when they make disney make changes to their movies at that countries influence. F’ing garbage.

#8 3 years ago

I havent watched Discovery yet, but fml Picard was so disappointing. I had to rewatch the TNG movies to cleanse my mind

#9 3 years ago

The Orville is great. I truly enjoy most episodes.

#10 3 years ago

wow..picard is bad! the 1st episode or 2 makes you think it will get good. that changed quick. they should have gone without the wash ups of troi and riker in it. can't believe they renewed it for another year. i saw the actor playing data quit the show.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Oh, Orville would be hilarious. Good call.

#13 3 years ago

Picard. Discovery is shit.

#14 3 years ago

They both were very badly made shows. Let alone star trek shows. There are not enough fans to sell a few 10 dollar action figures. A pin wouldn't make any sense.
    Orville on the other hand. Or how about westworld?

Really though a matrix pin or a cyberpunk 2077 or back to the future would be gold.

#15 3 years ago

DS9

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

They both were very badly made shows. Let alone star trek shows. There are not enough fans to sell a few 10 dollar action figures. A pin wouldn't make any sense.
    Orville on the other hand. Or how about westworld?

Here's the problem. Someone at CBS disagrees with you.
    I read somewhere that STD has already been green lit for Seasons 4 and 5... and a Movie!
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/star-trek-discovery-movie-reportedly-works/

I don't *Like* that STD has been successful... but the fact that this continues despite being part of All Access gives me pause. That said; More star trek ... even bad star trek is better than none. A lot of people seem to like it.

If the movie and season 5 becomes a reality; maybe Richie will make his 3rd star trek machine.
    In the meantime; I'll be happy to watch the homebrews... maybe even participate.

#17 3 years ago

I can't disagree with that.... nor a Voyager machine.
    7 needs more art.

#18 3 years ago

I love StarTrek. OG then NG with my preference being the 80's films. There are some great Voyager and DS9 episodes but I never got sucked in. However, the new films and new series are shit. Just garbage like the new Star Wars stuff.

I wouldn't buy a pin based on either.

#19 3 years ago

Now were talking. Far to few pins based on video games that would be 10x better than the shitty shows and movies of today.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Now were talking. Far to few pins based on video games that would be 10x better than the shitty shows and movies of today.

Yeah but on a game that isn't even out yet and we don't know much about. Have you seen the dumpster fire that is the Last of Us franchise and how the fans turned on it in just the last week based on the leaks of the story? I have faith in CDprojectRed but it's 6 months away and too early to call. There is no fan base only hype right now.

#21 3 years ago

Who wants a Picard pin with starfleets new flagship the USS Ente... no wait I mean the USS ZHENG HE lmao!!!!! F Paramount F'em.

#22 3 years ago

Enjoyed both programmes, Discovery would make for the better pin theme.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I can't disagree with that.... nor a Voyager machine.
    7 needs more art.

There is a Voyager video game

#24 3 years ago

Guess I am in the minority in that I liked Picard. I had some issues with it, but overall really enjoyed it. Would make a crap pinball machine though.

#25 3 years ago

DS9 is my #1 dream theme. It'll never happen though.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

Yeah but on a game that isn't even out yet and we don't know much about.

I was kinda speaking in a general desire for more video game themes. Yeah I would need to see the game but even if it wasn't my style gameplay wise it could work as a pin. Anything is better than 80's kids films, old rock n roll bands and superheros for me anyway.
    Darksiders
    Castle Wolfenstien
    GTA
    God Of War
    Doom
    Zelda
    Deus X
    The Elder Scrolls
    The Witcher
    Uhhhm, Fallout.

come on, that's sounds great.

#27 3 years ago

I’ve enjoyed all of the ST shows. If I had to pick one (that hadn’t been done)....

Voyager I think has the best storyline that would work with a pin.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

i saw the actor playing data quit the show.

No, he didn't. He said he quit playing data, but would continue playing Alton.

#29 3 years ago

I'd be first in line for a Voyager machine. Maybe get a custom Hirojen , or species 8472 back glass. I definitely do NOT want to see a big Janeway on my backglass. haha

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-discovery-or-picard?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.