Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

814C4FF1-5F30-49ED-BC04-24DE974028F6 (resized).jpeg
dsc-costumevid-robot-head (resized).jpg
AdamDredd_2-333x500 (resized).jpg
everyone-is-better-than-yar-though-246347 (resized).jpg
cast2 (resized).jpg
cast (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 6 years ago

My opinion after watching ep.3.

Bottom line is that these characters are too reflective of our current climate. Divided and afraid. I used to hope for a Star Trek future. This show offers no hope. I wouldn’t want to live in this future and, as such, this show fails.

3 weeks later
#113 6 years ago

Just watched the latest. Don’t know why. I really don’t like this show. MB is arrogant, smug and un-like-able. Everyone is angry or has anxiety. I’ve come up with a theory though which, I’m sure, some others have thought of already.

THIS IS THE MIRROR UNIVERSE.

Anybody else thought this?

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Ha....awesome, I've seen a few fan films but none of them come close to this one. I don't know what happened to Axanar but that one was also well done.

What probably happened to Axanar was CBS/Paramount put the squash on it because they wanted to do the Klingon War storyline. Thing that sucks was that Axanar had much more promise.

#125 6 years ago

I prefer no hip hop in my Star Trek.

Also, why does Lorca walk like he has a stick up his ass along with ILS (Imaginary Lat Syndrome)?

3 months later
#136 6 years ago

No comments on this thread for a while so I’d like to add one. Forget the annoying (and obvious) anti Trump, SJW, women are superior, white men are weak or evil preaching that this series is. The first season is over and this show is well...just a poor and weak experience for me. While I’m not as old as many of the members on here, I remember watching TOS before TNG aired. I have all three seasons of TOS on Blu-ray and have been watching various episodes over the last week or two. While viewing some of my faves (Balance of Terror, Doomsday Machine, etc.) I was thinking “regardless of how much I REALLY despise the political aspects of STD, I would never just pick out a specific episode and watch it.” Would you? Single episodes just don’t stand out. It’s all just one long and disjointed storyline. I know it’s an aspect of today’s binging on TV. To create a TV series as if it was one long movie so no individual episode can really stand alone. But, I just don’t like it with Star Trek. This is just my personal opinion so I’m not trying to be an ass to those that like the show. I know it’s just entertainment but it’s just not entertaining to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.99
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 9.95
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

1,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-discovery-fan-club?tu=dtown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.