Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

814C4FF1-5F30-49ED-BC04-24DE974028F6 (resized).jpeg
dsc-costumevid-robot-head (resized).jpg
AdamDredd_2-333x500 (resized).jpg
everyone-is-better-than-yar-though-246347 (resized).jpg
cast2 (resized).jpg
cast (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 6 years ago

Thought it was good. Liked that it wasn't mostly from the captains view...Kind of neat. Didn't like that I subscribe to all access and still have to watch commercials at least 2-3 per break. Less then normal TV but still annoying when you're paying for the view. Maybe I'm in the minority concerning commercials...I dropped my Sat tv this spring, but am going back as streaming still has a long way to go. Needs much seasoning in my opinion. Freezing streams especially during live sports...lack of DVR (Directvnow) version 1.0a channel guide that doesn't allow you to recall last channel without having to scroll the entire list and I could go on.
Looking for other options not named Exodus or Kodi as that illegal crap is just garbage. Yes I'm talking to you person that uses a VPN and goes to torrent sites in order to pirate the movie or tv show you're currently watching. Love the situational ethics when it comes to this stuff. Hmmmm?

#38 6 years ago

Not really trying to be a dick...sometimes the wink/nudge doesn't come across in a post. That's why I put in the smiley face... Almost everyone I know has a jail broken Fire stick btw Honestly the quality is suspect in most of those streams anyway. BTW reading my original post I can see how it comes across as a little negative...Sorry dude. Just spent some time in your neck of the woods this summer. Really enjoyed all the history in Harpers Ferry. Never been. Super cool place.
Back to topic....I think I will enjoy it, but most of the reviews I've read haven't been super positive. I've been waiting for a new Trek series for quite a while now so I will watch it as long as it's on. Honestly I kind of wish it was on a network other then CBS as they tend to pull shows that aren't sitcoms or police detective shows quite fast usually.

1 week later
#88 6 years ago

My biggest problem with streaming only is that there are a ton of players going after your business. Off the top of my head...Directvnow, Sony vue, YouTube red, Hulu, Sling, CBS all access, Netflix, Prime and probably others I'm forgetting. Now usually I don't have a problem with competition...In this case way more cooks in the kitchen then is required. If you like sports none have a decent "Sport" option. Examples would be Directvnow doesn't get NFL network but it does get NHL network. Sony vue gets NFL but doesn't get NHL. None get NFL sunday ticket or center ice etc.. You end up having to piece meal multiple services together in order to get what you really want. By that time you end up spending way more then you were with normal cable or sat. As I mentioned I think it needs more seasoning for sure. Probably in a few years the landscape will look different. Certainly can't justify subscribing to one service for a single show no matter how much I like Star Trek.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 63.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 85.00
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-discovery-fan-club?tu=TomN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.