Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Milltown
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Just picked up a data east star trek last night .it worked fine at the sellers .
But since pinns don't like car rides it came up with a few issues.
In Test mode the left ramp functions fine .
But once in play the left ramp just stays up and the crystal feature light at the ramp stays lit solid as soon as start is pushed .
This is my first data east so I'm very unfamiliar.
I assume switch related . But I've never seen such a set up.

Also from time to time two balls shoot in the shooter lane but don't launch .
Any guidance and or pics is appreciated .

#2 6 years ago

Ok Ramp issue solved . Switched jump sides.. no biggy.. now much issue is only 2 balls shooting into the shooter lane . Even after the 3rd ball drains both balls just set in the shooter lane...

#3 6 years ago

As far as the ramp - I had a similar issue once - there is a small diode on the back of the left ramp I believe - that breaks or could lose it solder connection. I could not fix the ramp when I was about to sell it I saw the diode on the back - it broke - I could push the connection on it the ramp worked - replace the diode fixed that issue for me - might not be the same, but I thought I would add my experience since it was such an easy fix.

The multiple ball launch issue to me is likely because your trough switch or lane launch switch is not registering the ball in position so it continues to load a ball. That is all a stuck or bent switch issue - sounds like to me.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

As far as the ramp - I had a similar issue once - there is a small diode on the back of the left ramp I believe - that breaks or could lose it solder connection. I could not fix the ramp when I was about to sell it I saw the diode on the back - it broke - I could push the connection on it the ramp worked - replace the diode fixed that issue for me - might not be the same, but I thought I would add my experience since it was such an easy fix.
The multiple ball launch issue to me is likely because your trough switch or lane launch switch is not registering the ball in position so it continues to load a ball. That is all a stuck or bent switch issue - sounds like to me.

OK thank u.. I'm investigating the switch...

#5 6 years ago

Ok. Shooter lane switch is all out of wack .. looks like a new one would be wise ...
Marco is out of them.
. Anyone have a good source for a replacment ... and also what common diodes are used on data east star trek.. I'd like to order some spare switches and diodes ...

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

OK deff the switch.. I'd like to order a now shooter lane switch and some spare diodes for the game.. marco is out of stock

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-data-east-ramp-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.