View topic image gallery

power_pack_marvel_comic_book_issue_1.jpg
glum-baby-1.jpg
st.jpg
imagesCAX3REHY.jpg
Unknown-526.jpeg
images-7-858.jpeg
images-7-781.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 10 years ago

Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor not a pinball wizard!!!

C'mon, there's gotta be lines like that!

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/movies/2012/09/19/karl-urban-dredd-3d-for-big-kids-comic-fans/
Onda: Do you consider yourself a big kid?
Urban: Absolutely.
Onda: What’s the biggest big kid thing about you?
Urban: I have a pinball collection.
Onda: What’s the crown jewel of your collection?
Urban: I’ve got a “Star Trek: Next Generation,” a “Terminator 2,” an “Addams Family” and a “Twilight Zone.” Yeah, I have some toys.

Oh dude....I would LOVE to know the story about how this went down. Since he's a pinball guy - I wouldn't be surprised if HE wanted to be in the game and contacted Stern! I'm sure they got around the usual high fees due to his personal interest.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Didn't MET have custom speech from the license on day one?

Yes, but not by bigshot actors.

"Awee've never seen a snake pyuuuke befooore!"

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Love the Metallica call outs. My favorite is Lars "Nice friggin' shot." Not a lot of enthusiasm from Lars on that one. He doesn't seem impressed with my nice friggin' shot one bit!!!

They've grown on me - but Lars' callouts mostly suck. Kirk's are kinda goofy but likable - "Yay! Double Scoring!" lol

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm gonna rent Dredd tonight. The movie came and went so fast that I didn't give it much thought back when it came out.

It's great in 3D if you have the capability

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Really pepto for that flick? Hostel maybe but not JD

It's just "D" lol

Dredd = awesome Karl Urban movie

Judge Dredd = horrible Stallone & Rob Schneider movie

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Cool....very cool, I like the fact that he's a pinhead. I read he bought a ST from little shop of games and had it sent to Canada to play on set. Like to hear him do to the "Dammit Jim" speech for the tilt....

Dammit Jim -stop banging it so hard! it's a pinball machine, not a green chick!

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Lol, I was like what???
Now I am intrigued to watch

It's still not like Hostel level gore....more like Robocop.

2 months later
#205 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The only one that really bothers me is the "keep us from being irradiated" or something to that effect that Scotty says at the end of one of the modes. Not that it is a bad clip, it just seems to be used a bit too much.

There are a few clips that play whether you fail or complete a mode - that's one of them, Klingon & Nero do it too. I imagine that will be remedied in a future update, especially with all the extra custom Bones narrative they will have.

Quoted from smokey_789:

Why didn't they just use his voice from the actual movie?

They do! However having custom voices will allow for pinball specific voiceovers & more interaction with the player. He'll be able to explain the stories better, tell you where/why to shoot, give you crap if you do poorly, etc.

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from Adydar:

surely if it isn't even recorded yet, we are months out. .

Not necessarily. If they have a script, they could have it all planned out already as to which clips go where. If he records soon, it probably wouldn't take too long to get it all together.

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Shoot I just want my chase lights to work when I am playing (they work in attract mode)

Not a code issue. They work on mine and others I've played. Sounds like you may have a ramp opto issue?

#217 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well it might be both technically, didn't SR say the next update was going to fix opto issues and not to mess with them?

I'm pretty sure he was saying not to mess with the kickback switch.

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Mine doesnt work either except in attract mode.
How can they actually work during game play? There is no opto as the ball enters the ramp to set them off? Only when it gets half way up does the opto see the ball.

Every time I shoot it I get a double-chase light sequence. Looks really cool if you keep combo-ing it. Is your game counting the warp shots?

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

thks...yes it is counting the shots, but how can the warp lights activate if there is no opto at the entrance of the ramp? Do they only go on when the ball is half way up through the first opto?

Maybe there are two optos? One for entrance one for exit? I know when I switch test some games, you only have to hit the exit switch for the game "count the shot" ...so it's possible you're getting your warps counted on the 2nd switch, but not getting the light effect from the 1st entrance. I can check it out w/ the glass off later when I get home if no one has a better answer.

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

thks...yes it is counting the shots, but how can the warp lights activate if there is no opto at the entrance of the ramp? Do they only go on when the ball is half way up through the first opto?

Hey guys, I monkeyed around this morning. There are 2 optos on the Warp ramp. The "entrance" opto, which is really part way up the ramp and the "exit" opto which is behind the backboard.

-Surprisingly, the first one does not make the chase lights start...it doesn't even make a sound effect - but it does give you a few points.
-The 2nd opto is what gives you a Warp & runs the chase light sequence. This will happen whether the first opto senses the ball or not...so theoretically your first opto COULD be out, but you should still get the Warp & chase lights.

Soooo...if you're getting the Warps but no lights...I have no idea what's wrong!

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's funny that SR would say it's a code issue, but only some people have the problem. Maybe some kind of timing thing.

The code the game shipped with had some intermittent warp ramp lights...but ever since I updated to 1.41 it's perfect.

#234 10 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Yeah, I am on 1.41 and my warp ramp chase lights work fine. The kickback, that's another well documented story...

Mine usually works fine. It only bails if it somehow flies down there super fast...or if it's multiball and it gets kicked out but knocked back in from another ball. Steve says they're fixing it so it's all good.

#239 10 years ago

I get the warp 1 2 3 awards but no chase lights.... Thoughts suggestions?

...but they work in attract mode? Email Pat or Chas at Stern then cuz I'm stumped.

#242 10 years ago

I tried glass off testing and got nothing, chase lights seems to only function in attract mode. In test mode I can roll a ball thru the warp ramp and both optos are working every time.
It really doesn't make any sense! How could it be code related if the optos are working and other people games are functioning properly.

Could it somehow be a bug related to settings? Did you change the warp ramp extra ball settings, maybe? Or any other settings? I dunno - I'm grasping at straws here but I was just thinking about that BTTF thread where one match setting prevented the post-game light show...so - who knows...

1 month later
#256 10 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Why repost an old video if it's not coming out today... dam that was just a teaser!!! I've been hitting refresh all friggin day!
C'mon man and drop it!!!

Once again, I must repeat...if you have ZERO patience, DO NOT buy NIB pinball machines. You'll take years off your life.

#258 10 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Yeah sure - I understand... but then why repost the video??? Just for fun??? Just for a tease???
Just leave well enough alone until it's ready!!!

Reminder that it's being worked on and is coming soon. It's communication. Remember, not everyone pays attention to the level that we do. There are probably many newer Star Trek owners/players who may not have seen the initial announcement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-custom-speech-power-pack?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.