View topic image gallery

power_pack_marvel_comic_book_issue_1.jpg
glum-baby-1.jpg
st.jpg
imagesCAX3REHY.jpg
Unknown-526.jpeg
images-7-858.jpeg
images-7-781.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Very glad they are getting some custom pinball callouts in there. Frightens me that they are calling it a "power pack". That term has stink all over it.

Haha yup. Stern is 0 for 3 on good so called 'powerpack' updates. Maybe this is the one to break through the powerpack slump!

On another related note; this is great news with all the talk of how much actors cost for custom speech in video games & pinball, and stern/Ritchie was able to pull this off!?! Step forward in my book. Well done stern; I just hope it delivers and pays off so we continue to get more custom actor speech moving forward on future titles.

*edit*
And kudos for Karl taking on this task! Bones is one of my favorite characters in the new ST films. Can't wait to see how this unfolds.

2 months later
#166 10 years ago

You guys crack me up. Anything to stir the pot. Have you learned nothing from STLE in the past 6 mos? How about ACDC? You got the man himself behind the console. Relax and enjoy.

Quoted from lllvjr:

Wow it's been since November that that video came out?

Time flies when you're having fun!

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You'd lose that bet!
Everyone has to remember this stuff takes time. Stern has to write a script, not worth doing until Karl signs on probably. He does, and offers to record a promo from the set. Of course they take that, it's great press for a new game! But then they write the script, Karl has to approve it, maybe make edits, send back to Stern. They get it set. But after that Paramount has to approve it, goes through the Star Trek licensing approval process. Say you get all that, green light! To find time for Karl to record it. Then someone has to do the editing and coding to get it ready for release.
Obviously I'm guessing a little here, but I know enough to bet that's pretty accurate.

Can't that all just be handled with one mass email? Get Karl on a 'LAN line' phone. Get out your tape deck recorder and tape it to the receiver. Give the tape to programming where they punch some keys on a keyboard for 10 minutes then go eat a donut for 2 hours. Hit the upload to website shortcut key on receptionist desk pc. Go to lunch, come back to an explosion of awesomeness on pinside regarding the update. It's really that simple. All in all it should only take 6-8 hours. I don't get why it's not done yet either!

#188 10 years ago

What type of audio file is needed to replace them in pinball browser? Can I just use a file downloaded from iTunes or does it need to be converted? Forgive the ignorance, I haven't touched or read a 'how to' on the pinball browser yet, but would like to spark my brain and start digging into it someday.

2 weeks later
#240 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I get the warp 1 2 3 awards but no chase lights.... Thoughts suggestions?

Does it work in test menu? Try glass off testing too?

1 month later
#277 10 years ago

I don't want to squash anyones dreams, but I also don't want this to become a met code 'coming soon' fiasco either. They need to do more than just add Karl Urbans speech to the game. I suspect it'll take a couple more months to organize all the code changes. Be patient, and as they said on FB, its coming soon. Just don't overuse the term soon as this week or next week. Code takes time - soon means they're working on it. Be patient or buy a game that's complete.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-custom-speech-power-pack?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.