View topic image gallery

power_pack_marvel_comic_book_issue_1.jpg
glum-baby-1.jpg
st.jpg
imagesCAX3REHY.jpg
Unknown-526.jpeg
images-7-858.jpeg
images-7-781.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 10 years ago

When I found out about this but didn't know the actor I was pulling for Simon Pegg, but this works. Good for Stern, credit where credit is due. Now let's see how the actual update is, but they filmed a video and announced something ahead of time. Two things we didn't think they knew how to do!

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

If you liked Dredd, then check out The Raid: Redemption. A Japanese language film made by a Scotsman that Dredd's plot seems very much based on.

The Raid is awesome, but it's Indonesian, not Japanese.

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

In the video, is that his games room or did they shoot on location at stern factory - looks awesome with all those wall decals and machines setup in background.

That's Emporium, a barcade in Chicago on N Milwaukee Ave. Nice place, check it out if you're in town. Good selection of vids and pins, and they take pretty good care of them all.

2 months later
#173 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

If I were a betting man; Karl probably recorded the speech the SAME day he did the promo video.

You'd lose that bet!

Everyone has to remember this stuff takes time. Stern has to write a script, not worth doing until Karl signs on probably. He does, and offers to record a promo from the set. Of course they take that, it's great press for a new game! But then they write the script, Karl has to approve it, maybe make edits, send back to Stern. They get it set. But after that Paramount has to approve it, goes through the Star Trek licensing approval process. Say you get all that, green light! To find time for Karl to record it. Then someone has to do the editing and coding to get it ready for release.

Obviously I'm guessing a little here, but I know enough to bet that's pretty accurate.

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Some of you guys wanna side on Sterns side...

It's not about "sides", it's about reality. Shit takes time. People on forums don't want to hear that, but it does. It takes me weeks to get people my translite designs, there's just crap you gotta wait for. If I had to wait for a Karl Urban photoshoot to finish it would take a lot longer!

Stern had two choices:

1) Announce hot new update early, so people would have to wait, but it would build buzz on their new game.

or

2) Wait until it was ready, and then try and get people to care when they've already moved on to guessing what's after Mustang.

1 has the most upside, aside from impatient people on the internet.

2 weeks later
#216 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not a code issue. They work on mine and others I've played. Sounds like you may have a ramp opto issue?

Well it might be both technically, didn't SR say the next update was going to fix opto issues and not to mess with them?

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm pretty sure he was saying not to mess with the kickback switch.

I checked, we're both right.

If the Kickback "Rescue" kicker misses sometimes, don't adjust it physically. There is new software coming VERY soon that makes the Kickback kick the ball back up the playfield nearly 100% of the time.

I say nearly, because when playing ST, the ball is speedy wild, and anything can happen!

The same goes for the Warp Ramp sequencing lights which don't always chase the ball on every Warp Ramp shot. Don't adjust your optos or anything physical, they are likely working fine. The software fix will be grouped with the kickback fix, and again, issued VERY soon.

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That's not any more helpful than me telling my wife "I hope we are rich soon".

Actually it's pretty helpful. Now we know for certain it hasn't been recorded yet, like some of us guessed, but that it's still happening. People need to let go of this notion that Stern is going to give you a date. Hell, I don't want to give people a date for my AC/DC translite, and it's super close to ready. But I have to make sure the test prints aren't wrong somehow, I have to wait for the printer to be able to do the run, I have to wait for shipping. If I give a date it's probably going to be wrong and I'll feel like an ass.

#231 10 years ago

It's funny that SR would say it's a code issue, but only some people have the problem. Maybe some kind of timing thing.

#236 10 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

All I really ask for and hope they do is add a ball saver timer for a few seconds so that is the kickback misses it still saves the ball...

Yes please, just like Monster Bash's Phantom Flip does.

#238 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I get the warp 1 2 3 awards but no chase lights.... Thoughts suggestions?

I seriously would just wait for the update, SR specifically said not to touch your optos and that a software fix for that issue is coming. Annoying, granted, but at least they know it's a bug and say a fix is coming soon.

1 month later
#253 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I love my non working Flashers. I think Stern should build more games with stuff that does not work in them.

The negative attitude is really unhelpful, even if you're feeling frustrated. We know Stern is reading these threads, giving them attitude isn't going to motivate anyone to work harder. Also the flashers work fine, they use them during attract mode. Frankly I hope they don't use them too much in the game, they're seriously bright.

As a Metallica owner you should know better than anyone that they're still working hard on these games. You should also have known what it was like to buy a game before final code, it requires some patience. They're telling us it's being worked on, hang in there.

#259 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Reminder that it's being worked on and is coming soon. It's communication. Remember, not everyone pays attention to the level that we do. There are probably many newer Star Trek owners/players who may not have seen the initial announcement.

I do wish Stern would add at least a tease sentence or two instead of just posting the video. Even a vague "we're really excited about the upcoming Karl Urban pack, we know you're gonna love it!" would be better. That promises nothing, but it doesn't feel like a random old video just appeared in their timeline. If they want to add "coming soon" or the like, hey, all the better.

That said, they're doing a lot better now about things when it comes to the updates, so I'll take the improvements.

Either way I'm confident it's coming along well, the video is probably a good sign, and my game is looking forward to the update whenever it's ready.

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

They must have read your post Aurich cause that's exactly what they said this morning when they reposted the video again on facebook.
"We hope you are as excited about this as we are. Update is in the works. Coming soon!"
Amazing...

We do know they're reading Pinside, so I choose to believe I have that kind of influence. HI JODY!

#280 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

But we don't know when Karl recorded the audio. If it was 4-6 weeks ago, they've had time to tweak the code accordingly.

It wasn't.

#282 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

So you're in the camp saying no release this week?

I would be very surprised. I'm with Eskaybee, patience is what's needed now. We know they're working on it, we know they want it to be great, we know they're listening to us, and that's more than we (publicly) had for Metallica. So we just need to let the process play out. I would personally rather wait a little longer and have it be better than wish that it was rushed and potentially fall short.

1 month later
#290 9 years ago

The audio is recorded, we know that, but it's waiting on the code to be done. I don't think it's really that close. Wish it was, I bet we'll get some rumors when it's closer. I'd rather they take a little longer to get the code right if they need it then rush though.

power_pack_marvel_comic_book_issue_1.jpgpower_pack_marvel_comic_book_issue_1.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Marshfield, MO
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-custom-speech-power-pack?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.