Topic Stats

• 290 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

power_pack_marvel_comic_book_issue_1.jpg
glum-baby-1.jpg
st.jpg
imagesCAX3REHY.jpg
Unknown-526.jpeg
images-7-858.jpeg
images-7-781.jpeg

There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 5 years ago

They posted a link to the youtube video from November a few minutes ago on FaceBook, hopefully that means we'll see it soon...otherwise they are just rubbing salt in our wounds.

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from Lemmi:

Where is the update???
Why needs so long

I love my non working Flashers. I think Stern should build more games with stuff that does not work in them.

I'm hopeful we get an update soon.

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I love my non working Flashers. I think Stern should build more games with stuff that does not work in them.

The negative attitude is really unhelpful, even if you're feeling frustrated. We know Stern is reading these threads, giving them attitude isn't going to motivate anyone to work harder. Also the flashers work fine, they use them during attract mode. Frankly I hope they don't use them too much in the game, they're seriously bright.

As a Metallica owner you should know better than anyone that they're still working hard on these games. You should also have known what it was like to buy a game before final code, it requires some patience. They're telling us it's being worked on, hang in there.

#254 5 years ago

Today - March 19th, 2014, Stern posted to their facebook page at about noon EST, the ST KUCSPP video again where Karl says "coming soon". So I have to believe that since we're getting a nice update nearly every month this year that ST will get the KUCSPP update in early April.

#255 5 years ago

Why repost an old video if it's not coming out today... dam that was just a teaser!!! I've been hitting refresh all friggin day!

C'mon man and drop it!!!

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Why repost an old video if it's not coming out today... dam that was just a teaser!!! I've been hitting refresh all friggin day!
C'mon man and drop it!!!

Once again, I must repeat...if you have ZERO patience, DO NOT buy NIB pinball machines. You'll take years off your life.

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Once again, I must repeat...if you have ZERO patience, DO NOT buy NIB pinball machines. You'll take years off your life.

Yeah sure - I understand... but then why repost the video??? Just for fun??? Just for a tease???

Just leave well enough alone until it's ready!!!

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Yeah sure - I understand... but then why repost the video??? Just for fun??? Just for a tease???
Just leave well enough alone until it's ready!!!

Reminder that it's being worked on and is coming soon. It's communication. Remember, not everyone pays attention to the level that we do. There are probably many newer Star Trek owners/players who may not have seen the initial announcement.

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Reminder that it's being worked on and is coming soon. It's communication. Remember, not everyone pays attention to the level that we do. There are probably many newer Star Trek owners/players who may not have seen the initial announcement.

I do wish Stern would add at least a tease sentence or two instead of just posting the video. Even a vague "we're really excited about the upcoming Karl Urban pack, we know you're gonna love it!" would be better. That promises nothing, but it doesn't feel like a random old video just appeared in their timeline. If they want to add "coming soon" or the like, hey, all the better.

That said, they're doing a lot better now about things when it comes to the updates, so I'll take the improvements.

Either way I'm confident it's coming along well, the video is probably a good sign, and my game is looking forward to the update whenever it's ready.

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I do wish Stern would add at least a tease sentence or two instead of just posting the video. Even a vague "we're really excited about the upcoming Karl Urban pack, we know you're gonna love it!" would be better. That promises nothing, but it doesn't feel like a random old video just appeared in their timeline. If they want to add "coming soon" or the like, hey, all the better.
That said, they're doing a lot better now about things when it comes to the updates, so I'll take the improvements.
Either way I'm confident it's coming along well, the video is probably a good sign, and my game is looking forward to the update whenever it's ready.

Ditto Here dude.

Gonna be a rockin' update man.

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The negative attitude is really unhelpful, even if you're feeling frustrated. We know Stern is reading these threads, giving them attitude isn't going to motivate anyone to work harder. Also the flashers work fine, they use them during attract mode. Frankly I hope they don't use them too much in the game, they're seriously bright.
As a Metallica owner you should know better than anyone that they're still working hard on these games. You should also have known what it was like to buy a game before final code, it requires some patience. They're telling us it's being worked on, hang in there.

You got that right Aurich. It's so great of Carl to do this.

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They must have read your post Aurich cause that's exactly what they said this morning when they reposted the video again on facebook.

"We hope you are as excited about this as we are. Update is in the works. Coming soon!"

Amazing...

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

They must have read your post Aurich cause that's exactly what they said this morning when they reposted the video again on facebook.
"We hope you are as excited about this as we are. Update is in the works. Coming soon!"
Amazing...

Yea baby!

#264 5 years ago

The people have spoken and Stern has listened
Thank you Stern!

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Amazing...

We do know they're reading Pinside, so I choose to believe I have that kind of influence. HI JODY!

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Remember, not everyone pays attention to the level that we do. There are probably many newer Star Trek owners/players who may not have seen the initial announcement.

Absolutely. We tend to assume that every person who buys pinball machines closely follows Pinside or other forums. This couldn't be further from the truth.

#267 5 years ago

Excited for the update!!! Unfortunately today's facebook post pretty much squashed my hopes and dreams of having it by this Saturday for a little tourney I am having. Oh well, I appreciate Stern giving us an update that it is coming soon...

#268 5 years ago

I want it soon but would rather it is done properly and wait longer as in the scheme of things, a few months doesn't matter.

This could be a game like LOTR that is talked about in 10 years time as a classic.

I am pleased they have let us know they are working on this update.

I can wait for a great update

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm hopeful we get an update soon.

Yeh my attitude sucks on this. I just stopped playing the game and I am impatient.

#270 5 years ago

In case you missed it - Stern posted another video on FB today. They must have Star Trek on the brain!

#271 5 years ago

For the record; If Stern delivers the code update before Friday... you have me to thank. I just pulled 1.42 down from Stern to prep My LE for TPF which starts on Friday. IT was running shipped code (IE 1.3).

Murphy says they'll release the code right before show opens on Friday.

#272 5 years ago

That would be perfect I'm supposed to get my game this week just bought last week from coin taker

#273 5 years ago

fingers crossed maybe by easter holidays .

#274 5 years ago

It would be great to get an update today - but I'll be happy with anytime this week. Because this is my first NIB Stern and not sure how it works...

Do I just keep checking FB for a post or will the send an email to registered owners?

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Do I just keep checking FB for a post or will the send an email to registered owners?

Just keep an eye on this thread or the Stern section of Pinside. Somebody will probably post about it 6 seconds after Stern releases it.

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

For the record; If Stern delivers the code update before Friday... you have me to thank. I just pulled 1.42 down from Stern to prep My LE for TPF which starts on Friday. IT was running shipped code (IE 1.3).

Possible. They released Metallica 1.5 on the Friday of the Louisville show. I was there and left to go put code on my game and came back later.

#277 5 years ago

I don't want to squash anyones dreams, but I also don't want this to become a met code 'coming soon' fiasco either. They need to do more than just add Karl Urbans speech to the game. I suspect it'll take a couple more months to organize all the code changes. Be patient, and as they said on FB, its coming soon. Just don't overuse the term soon as this week or next week. Code takes time - soon means they're working on it. Be patient or buy a game that's complete.

#278 5 years ago

I also know it will not be by Friday - got this info from a very reliable source close to this.. Sorry, I am anxiously awaiting it too

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don't want to squash anyones dreams, but I also don't want this to become a met code 'coming soon' fiasco either. They need to do more than just add Karl Urbans speech to the game. I suspect it'll take a couple more months to organize all the code changes. Be patient, and as they said on FB, its coming soon. Just don't overuse the term soon as this week or next week. Code takes time - soon means they're working on it. Be patient or buy a game that's complete.

But we don't know when Karl recorded the audio. If it was 4-6 weeks ago, they've had time to tweak the code accordingly.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

But we don't know when Karl recorded the audio. If it was 4-6 weeks ago, they've had time to tweak the code accordingly.

It wasn't.

#281 5 years ago

So you're in the camp saying no release this week?

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

So you're in the camp saying no release this week?

I would be very surprised. I'm with Eskaybee, patience is what's needed now. We know they're working on it, we know they want it to be great, we know they're listening to us, and that's more than we (publicly) had for Metallica. So we just need to let the process play out. I would personally rather wait a little longer and have it be better than wish that it was rushed and potentially fall short.

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I would be very surprised. I'm with Eskaybee, patience is what's needed now. We know they're working on it, we know they want it to be great, we know they're listening to us, and that's more than we (publicly) had for Metallica. So we just need to let the process play out. I would personally rather wait a little longer and have it be better than wish that it was rushed and potentially fall short.

I agree.....just seems like with Ritchie and Gary being at the TPF would be good PR....plus was Zitt was saying....made me think this week was possible.

#284 5 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

plus was Zitt was saying....made me think this week was possible.

I was tongue-and-cheeking it. IE murphys law says because I finally installed 1.42; they'll release 1.5 on me.
I ok with whatever... just thought it'd be my luck.

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I was tongue-and-cheeking it. IE murphys law says because I finally installed 1.42; they'll release 1.5 on me.
I ok with whatever... just thought it'd be my luck.

Gotcha....

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Whoa Whoa! I said "early April". Not this Friday.

#287 5 years ago

So far this year codes have come out 2-3 weeks after they've announced "coming soon" on the FB page. This applies to STLE 1.42, X-Men, and Metallica. I'm hoping they stick to the same schedule. Fingers Crossed!

#288 5 years ago

Too bad DeForest Kelly hadn't lived to see Karl Urban play his part. I think he would have been impressed with his performance!
I think Karl played it perfect.

1 month later
#289 5 years ago

Starting to wonder if this is ever coming... it's been 6+ weeks since they said "coming soon".
Anyone have some insight?

#290 5 years ago

The audio is recorded, we know that, but it's waiting on the code to be done. I don't think it's really that close. Wish it was, I bet we'll get some rumors when it's closer. I'd rather they take a little longer to get the code right if they need it then rush though.

power_pack_marvel_comic_book_issue_1.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Howell, MI
There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside