Topic Stats

• 290 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

power_pack_marvel_comic_book_issue_1.jpg
glum-baby-1.jpg
st.jpg
imagesCAX3REHY.jpg
Unknown-526.jpeg
images-7-858.jpeg
images-7-781.jpeg

There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

That was shot at his new set of almost human.

Is this show any good? I recorded it, but haven't got around to watching it yet.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is this show any good? I recorded it, but haven't got around to watching it yet.

I thought the pilot was pretty good. Good enough to get me to record the next few episodes. Character development was pretty good in the pilot, and that's hard to do in such a short amount of time.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

That's like saying Canadian accents are like American ones!

images-7-858.jpeg 2 KB

Classic...

imagesCAX3REHY.jpg
#104 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I thought the pilot was pretty good. Good enough to get me to record the next few episodes. Character development was pretty good in the pilot, and that's hard to do in such a short amount of time.

Agreed enjoyed the first two episodes. Plus it is taped locally, so even in the "futurist world" it is nice to see familiar landmarks.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Agreed enjoyed the first two episodes. Plus it is taped locally, so even in the "futurist world" it is nice to see familiar landmarks.

Watched three now. Great show! In the third episode Urban partner tells him that he scanned his testicles and they are full. Urban tells him never to scan his balls again.

#106 6 years ago

I have to say that is pretty damn awesome.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm gonna rent Dredd tonight. The movie came and went so fast that I didn't give it much thought back when it came out.

Y'all need to pay more attention to my movie recommendations....

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-judge-dredd-movie-comes-out-in-september-here-is-the-trailer#post-382826

Later,
EV

P.S. Despite poor box office returns, the DVD/Blu-ray has been doing really well in sales, so there's rumor around that Karl Urban and the director are working hard to get a sequel green-lit...

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Y'all need to pay more attention to my movie recommendations....
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-judge-dredd-movie-comes-out-in-september-here-is-the-trailer#post-382826
Later,
EV
P.S. Despite poor box office returns, the DVD/Blu-ray has been doing really well in sales, so there's rumor around that Karl Urban and the director are working hard to get a sequel green-lit...

I loved Karl's Dredd. Bought it on Blu-ray. It was in an out of the theater so quickly I didn't get to see it there.

#109 6 years ago

I watched the film last night on Amazon Prime. I enjoyed it quite a bit. That Dredd sure is one tough mofo!

#110 6 years ago

Karl Urban ROCKS!! Nuff Said! I think Stern getting him to do some call outs on this pin is FANTASTIC news, regardless of what version of the pin you are planning to purchase. Thanks Karl and thanks Stern!

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Urban: I’ve got a “Star Trek: Next Generation,” a “Terminator 2,” an “Addams Family” and a “Twilight Zone.” Yeah, I have some toys.

I haven’t been following this thread but, this guy has some good taste for sure. I also dig many of the movies he's been in, Chronicles of Riddick, Judge Dredd, and Star Trek. I like his Sci-Fi edge.

A Judge Dredd pin based off the new movies, obviously Karl Urban would likely be up for the voice call outs. Put me down for one.

#112 6 years ago

Awesome! It's great to hear there will be some original actor custom speech! It's very cool that it's Urban because he seems very committed to Star Trek and he fit the part of "Bones" so well and has a good distinctive "Bones" voice that should work in the game well. Plus, given that "Bones" usually has the funny/sarcastic lines, I can only imagine the possibility for a few good call outs is there. I read an interview where he indicated he wasn't going to be part of Star Wars despite his friendship with the director (Abrams) and partly because he just felt that having "Bones" show up in Star Wars just wasn't going to seem right and he's committed to doing a 3rd Star Trek movie (in time for the 50th anniversary of Star Trek in 2016) even though Abrams won't be involved. I did not know he had any pinball machines, so that was cool to learn. I'm sure his enthusiasm for the theme and pinball machines resulted in helping this happen. It good news for all of us ST owners.

#113 6 years ago

If you liked Dredd, then check out The Raid: Redemption. A Japanese language film made by a Scotsman that Dredd's plot seems very much based on.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Awesome! It's great to hear there will be some original actor custom speech! It's very cool that it's Urban because he seems very committed to Star Trek and he fit the part of "Bones" so well and has a good distinctive "Bones" voice that should work in the game well. Plus, given that "Bones" usually has the funny/sarcastic lines, I can only imagine the possibility for a few good call outs is there. I read an interview where he indicated he wasn't going to be part of Star Wars despite his friendship with the director (Abrams) and partly because he just felt that having "Bones" show up in Star Wars just wasn't going to seem right and he's committed to doing a 3rd Star Trek movie (in time for the 50th anniversary of Star Trek in 2016) even though Abrams won't be involved. I did not know he had any pinball machines, so that was cool to learn. I'm sure his enthusiasm for the theme and pinball machines resulted in helping this happen. It good news for all of us ST owners.

And with all the hype this past month by BBC with Dr Who's 50th anniversary Stern missed this opportunity for development.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

If you liked Dredd, then check out The Raid: Redemption. A Japanese language film made by a Scotsman that Dredd's plot seems very much based on.

The Raid is awesome, but it's Indonesian, not Japanese.

#116 6 years ago

sounds like DLC. ONl $59.99!

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The Raid is awesome, but it's Indonesian, not Japanese.

Oops, I stand corrected. I know the subtitles i read where english, my knowledge of Asian languages is pretty nil

#118 6 years ago

This is good news!

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Somebody with a connection start inviting these pinball celebs to events. I want to get my ass handed to me on a pin by Karl Urban.

And then you are going to play pinball against him?

#120 6 years ago

I just watched Dredd. While I liked it, the gore was a bit much for me. Don't watch it after eating a big meal.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I just watched Dredd. While I liked it, the gore was a bit much for me. Don't watch it after eating a big meal.

Yes, it was very violent, but it didn't seem excessively so to me. I guess I've become somewhat numb to it after all the crazy shit I've watched over the years.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yes, it was very violent, but it didn't seem excessively so to me. I guess I've become somewhat numb to it after all the crazy shit I've watched over the years.

Is it more violent than Robocop? Man, I dont ever remember being as shocked as that movie... and that was so long ago now...

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Is it more violent than Robocop? Man, I dont ever remember being as shocked as that movie... and that was so long ago now...

I would say it is comparable to Robocop, but it is more realistic due to the advances in movie technology. I don't mind violence at all, but the exploding of body parts and exiting bullet wounds in super slow mo was enough to make me uncomfortable.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Robocop was worse IMHO.

#125 6 years ago

His new show "Almost Human" is really good as well.

#126 6 years ago

This was an excellent move by Stern. Really cool that the guy is a pinball fanatic.

#127 6 years ago

What we need to do is start getting him to come to the shows.

#128 6 years ago

ST music theme in power pack plz....................................

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

+1

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

+2!!

#131 6 years ago

+3

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

RD we need Karl to come to NZ Pincade

Maybe if he is around Auckland he may come along.

Good news they added some voices to ST.

I played the pro last weekend and I was pretty underwhelmed. Pretty generic stuff to be honest. Nothing we haven't seen before.

Plus the fact that Aucklands leading pinball operator thought that it was a good idea to disable the centre drop target so the ball wouldn't lock in there. What a cock.

Hopefully some good voice callouts improve the game.

I was just imagining LOTR without the voices. I think that would suck bad.

rd.

#133 6 years ago

This is good. It will enhance the game.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And then you are going to play pinball against him?

I'll take either to be honest.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

+100000000

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I watched the film last night on Amazon Prime. I enjoyed it quite a bit. That Dredd sure is one tough mofo!

I watched recently as well and it was entertaining glad you all mentioned it!

Quoted from smokey_789:

Plus...well I lost count add one more plus to it. Sound is one of the strengths of this pin adding it would be like a cherry on top.

#137 6 years ago

In the video, is that his games room or did they shoot on location at stern factory - looks awesome with all those wall decals and machines setup in background.

st.jpg
#138 6 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

In the video, is that his games room or did they shoot on location at stern factory - looks awesome with all those wall decals and machines setup in background.

st.jpg 184 KB

Neither. In the video, Karl is playing the game on the set of "Almost Human". The other location shows a different game used to splice in vanity shots.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Neither. In the video, Karl is playing the game on the set of "Almost Human". The other location shows a different game used to splice in vanity shots.

I think that is a Barcade location in Chicago. Stern have used it before when promoting games.

#140 6 years ago

Finally watched "Dredd" this past weekend. Wow! Highly violent... highly entertaining.

#141 6 years ago

Since he's such a pin head... who's going to be the first to get him to come to a pinfest?!

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

That's Emporium, a barcade in Chicago on N Milwaukee Ave. Nice place, check it out if you're in town. Good selection of vids and pins, and they take pretty good care of them all.

#143 6 years ago

WOW!!!! I missed this announcement. This will be a fantastic addition to this pin. If they add the music, I may have to change my mind and go for a pro or premium. I was originally in on a LE, but the cost drove me out. Got to play the pro and thought it played pretty well.

Do you think Karl walked up to the pin the first time and went "Hey how come I'm not on the backglass? Uhura gets a spot and Bones doesn't? No speech for you....."

Scott

#144 6 years ago

Has Stern released any details for this? Did it ship with the LE? Does "power pack" imply something different from a simple update?

#145 6 years ago

"Power pack" is nothing more than a marketing term that Stern came up with for a code update. It has no specific meaning.

#146 6 years ago

Wasn't included on the LEs but Stern website noted test the update is coming soon.
Can't wait!

#147 6 years ago

Thanks. I'm hoping for arrival of my STLE within the next few weeks.

1 month later
#148 5 years ago

Still waiting... Anyone know if there's an ETA for this?

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Still waiting... Anyone know if there's an ETA for this?

Nothing from stern at all. Not yet

#150 5 years ago

arghhh I thought it was out

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside