Topic Stats

• 290 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

power_pack_marvel_comic_book_issue_1.jpg
glum-baby-1.jpg
st.jpg
imagesCAX3REHY.jpg
Unknown-526.jpeg
images-7-858.jpeg
images-7-781.jpeg

There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#2 5 years ago

Lookin good

#3 5 years ago

My biggest complaint with this video is that it's very hard to focus on the actual pinball machine when Karl Urban is there playing it...

#4 5 years ago

That's cool.

#5 5 years ago

What is a custom speech power pack?

The next software update?
Something else?

images-7-781.jpeg
#6 5 years ago

That is a nice surprise

#7 5 years ago

Cool!

...but I still want that new theme music (playing in the background of this promo) somewhere on the pin!

Later,
EV

#8 5 years ago

How come they can have the theme in the promo videos and not the game itself?

As for "power pack update" - whatever that is - it should be free on the LE given the price difference.

#9 5 years ago

Yeah, what is the "Speech Power Pack"?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

As for "power pack update" - whatever that is - it should be free on the LE given the price difference.

I'm sure it's a free update for all versions of Star Trek.

#11 5 years ago

Huh, that was a surprise thanks for the link. I imagine more speech is coming in the next update. Neat.

#12 5 years ago

They hired one of the actors to do custom call-outs, nice touch.

#13 5 years ago

Too little, Too late.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

They hired one of the actors to do custom call-outs, nice touch.

Agree. Sounds like they did

Quoted from Rabscuttle:

My biggest complaint with this video is that it's very hard to focus on the actual pinball machine when Karl Urban is there playing it...

Karl Urban will always be Cesar from Xena, to me.

#15 5 years ago

And Eomer in the last two Lord of the Rings movies.

#16 5 years ago

And a badass Judge Dredd...

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from P42Hogger:

Too little, Too late.

Huh? The game has been out for 6 weeks.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from P42Hogger:

Too little, Too late.

Wrong.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

And Eomer in the last two Lord of the Rings movies.

....and Lord Vaako of the Necromongers.

Later,
EV

#20 5 years ago

Very glad they are getting some custom pinball callouts in there. Frightens me that they are calling it a "power pack". That term has stink all over it.

#21 5 years ago

I was just telling my wife last night that Karl Urban has been one of my favorite actors from recent movie history. This is AWESOME. We already decided that Star Trek in some fashion needs to join our STTNG, this is just another big fat +1 on that!

#22 5 years ago

Karl Urban was excellent playing Bones, and he's not an easy character to imitate. Hats off to Stern for getting him to do the call-outs. Of the new cast, I think his voice and character will make the best call-out/one liners.

"It's like we say back home, when you go to the arcade, you don't leave your quarters at home!"

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I was just telling my wife last night that Karl Urban has been one of my favorite actors from recent movie history. This is AWESOME. We already decided that Star Trek in some fashion needs to join our STTNG, this is just another big fat +1 on that!

It makes it more appealing to me as well. When the title was first announced I was pretty sure I would never get one due to the similarity in layout to STTNG and the fact I don't like the reboot all that much. It has been growing on me though. X-men unfinished code and the spike in price on the LE has still kept me out.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Cool!
...but I still want that new theme music (playing in the background of this promo) somewhere on the pin!
Later,
EV

Absolutely!

#26 5 years ago

I wonder if they are going to have more actors do new lines. That would be freaking cool!

#27 5 years ago

I wonder if Steve Ritchie's "Admiral Stevens" will get the boot in favor of Urban's new speech. Maybe Ritchie was just a place holder....

#28 5 years ago

That's great news. Custom speech call outs from the actual film actors is always welcomed

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Very glad they are getting some custom pinball callouts in there. Frightens me that they are calling it a "power pack". That term has stink all over it.

Haha yup. Stern is 0 for 3 on good so called 'powerpack' updates. Maybe this is the one to break through the powerpack slump!

On another related note; this is great news with all the talk of how much actors cost for custom speech in video games & pinball, and stern/Ritchie was able to pull this off!?! Step forward in my book. Well done stern; I just hope it delivers and pays off so we continue to get more custom actor speech moving forward on future titles.

*edit*
And kudos for Karl taking on this task! Bones is one of my favorite characters in the new ST films. Can't wait to see how this unfolds.

#30 5 years ago

This is amazing news!!!!!!! I am ecstatic at the thought of the new call outs but more excited they will remove.

"Captain they're getting closer!"

This game kicks ass.

#31 5 years ago

wow that is cool, hope it's not only for the LE.

#32 5 years ago

As a side note I put JJP in contact with Billy Hayes who played Witchiepoo from HR PufNStuf to do the Call outs for WOZ .

Would have been a nice touch , and yes I know billy was willing to do this .

#33 5 years ago

This is pretty cool, great move by Stern!

#34 5 years ago

It's interesting that even though he is out of character in the video, he's still using an American accent.

#35 5 years ago

When I found out about this but didn't know the actor I was pulling for Simon Pegg, but this works. Good for Stern, credit where credit is due. Now let's see how the actual update is, but they filmed a video and announced something ahead of time. Two things we didn't think they knew how to do!

#36 5 years ago

Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor not a pinball wizard!!!

C'mon, there's gotta be lines like that!

#37 5 years ago

It will be great because Bones is such a buzzkill character. His character perspective/personality is very disparaging and is a perfect fit for Callouts

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from criss:

As a side note I put JJP in contact with Billy Hayes who played Witchiepoo from HR PufNStuf to do the Call outs for WOZ .
Would have been a nice touch , and yes I know billy was willing to do this .

That is where you wanted this to go? As an owner of machines by both companies, I think the above news from the OP is fantastic. It shows that the revolt against Stern was effective, because I really don't think they would have done this without so many people screaming. But why bring WOZ jokes into Sterns good news? Ahhhh, Trolling. I get it. But really, not needed here. I think this guy can do some great calls for Star Trek, similar to some of the fantastic ones Gimli (John Rhys-Davies) did in LOTR. A great Super Jackpot call, along with some custom speech sent out over the next two or three updates will be great. You can just leave the WOZ jokes out of this good news.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

When I found out about this but didn't know the actor I was pulling for Simon Peg, but this works. Good for Stern, credit where credit is due. Now let's see how the actual update is, but they filmed a video and announced something ahead of time. Two things we didn't think they knew how to do!

I agree, Peg would have been awesome but this will be great as well.

#40 5 years ago

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/movies/2012/09/19/karl-urban-dredd-3d-for-big-kids-comic-fans/

Onda: Do you consider yourself a big kid?

Urban: Absolutely.

Onda: What’s the biggest big kid thing about you?

Urban: I have a pinball collection.

Onda: What’s the crown jewel of your collection?

Urban: I’ve got a “Star Trek: Next Generation,” a “Terminator 2,” an “Addams Family” and a “Twilight Zone.” Yeah, I have some toys.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Urban: I’ve got a “Star Trek: Next Generation,” a “Terminator 2,” an “Addams Family” and a “Twilight Zone.” Yeah, I have some toys.

Just got mad street cred in my book

#42 5 years ago

Nice. Didn't know that...that's hilarious.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/movies/2012/09/19/karl-urban-dredd-3d-for-big-kids-comic-fans/
Onda: Do you consider yourself a big kid?
Urban: Absolutely.
Onda: What’s the biggest big kid thing about you?
Urban: I have a pinball collection.
Onda: What’s the crown jewel of your collection?

Oh dude....I would LOVE to know the story about how this went down. Since he's a pinball guy - I wouldn't be surprised if HE wanted to be in the game and contacted Stern! I'm sure they got around the usual high fees due to his personal interest.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Eomer in the last two Lord of the Rings movies

Ah ha! That's where I saw him.... thanks man.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

On another related note; this is great news with all the talk of how much actors cost for custom speech in video games & pinball, and stern/Ritchie was able to pull this off!?!

Karl's a noted pinthusiast/collector, I can almost guarantee that his voice callouts were "traded out" for an LE. I bet money never got involved.

Still good news and a nice touch for ST owners.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That is where you wanted this to go? As an owner of machines by both companies, I think the above news from the OP is fantastic. It shows that the revolt against Stern was effective, because I really don't think they would have done this without so many people screaming. But why bring WOZ jokes into Sterns good news? Ahhhh, Trolling. I get it. But really, not needed here. I think this guy can do some great calls for Star Trek, similar to some of the fantastic ones Gimli (John Rhys-Davies) did in LOTR. A great Super Jackpot call, along with some custom speech sent out over the next two or three updates will be great. You can just leave the WOZ jokes out of this good news.

Was nt a joke , What I stated is 100% fact . I gave JJP Billy's contact years ago , re doing the Witch Call outs . How you read troll into this comment is , well your issue .

I'm totally behind what stern are doing , there hitting it out of the park on all fronts ( Metallica , Star Trek ) price , flow , art , you name it .

#47 5 years ago

I hope it is for the LE only...for six months! Then the PRO machines can have it. Haha. That might make the price difference a little easier for my wife to justify.
The addition of character voices is awesome, I hope they are able to get more than one actor to join in and I hope everyone gets to enjoy the voice updates soon. Even the PRO's.

#48 5 years ago

Didn't MET have custom speech from the license on day one?

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Didn't MET have custom speech from the license on day one?

Yes, but not by bigshot actors.

"Awee've never seen a snake pyuuuke befooore!"

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes, but not by bigshot actors.
"Awee've never seen a snake pyuuuke befooore!"

Love the Metallica call outs. My favorite is Lars "Nice friggin' shot." Not a lot of enthusiasm from Lars on that one. He doesn't seem impressed with my nice friggin' shot one bit!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside