By Hi-Fi

3 years ago

Stats

• 19 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Mercyscene
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Has anyone figured out all of the combo configurations that lead to specific call-outs on ST?

For instance I think is you shoot a left orbit and combo it to the warp ramp you get "USS Enterprise, Captain James T. Kirk commanding.

I've heard the Bones "pinball wizard" combo and on rarer occasions I think I've heard a Spock and Sulu one too. Not sure what combos make these happen though.

#2 3 years ago

I have only heard the two you mention as well (Kirk and Bones). I wonder how many combos there are?

Rob

#3 3 years ago

Same here. Just the Kirk and Bones are what I hear a lot.
There may be others that I just do not realize are combo clips.

#4 3 years ago

It's hard to find out all the combos as you only get sometimes a call-out and also the same combo is sometimes a unique combo with display and call-out and sometimes not.
Additionally some combos are only available during missions (as the right orbit is open) and usually the mission overwrites any combo infos.
One combo is right lane (1 or 2 times) and then right ramp, this was either Sulu or O'hura.
Bone's combo is left loop followed by left ramp.

#5 3 years ago

I don't think I've ever heard the O'hura call-out. I'll have to listen closer.

#6 3 years ago

I've figured out three of the combos:

Kirk: Left orbit / warp ramp

Bones: Left orbit / left ramp

Sulu: Right orbit / right ramp

I would love to know the others.

1 week later
#7 3 years ago

Nokoro, thanks for posting. I would like to know the others as well.

#8 3 years ago

I don't always hear the callouts though. I wonder if it's a bug?

Rob

#9 3 years ago

I think the callouts get truncated by other things happening in the game. Which is too bad.....
Kinda like destroying the Vengance for 10,000,000 points and its cuts to your 300,000 point victory lap shot instead. LAME!!!!!

Can't wait for the next code update on this game.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't always hear the callouts though. I wonder if it's a bug?
Rob

I don't hear them more often than not. I hope that does get fixed because the combos are cool.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

I think the callouts get truncated by other things happening in the game. Which is too bad.....
Kinda like destroying the Vengance for 10,000,000 points and its cuts to your 300,000 point victory lap shot instead. LAME!!!!!
Can't wait for the next code update on this game.

Do you get the vengeance 10 million by shooting all the coloured inserts twice then the target?

#12 3 years ago

I was talking about when you defeat the Vengeance in mb it will cut out the video of the ship being destroyed to show your 300,000 victory lap scoring if your making any of the shots.

To get 10,000,000 when you destroy the Vengeance, you have to hit a ramp before the final kill shot. Needs to be a combo from either ramp.

#13 3 years ago

Something like the warp loop callout for every significant combo would be nice. 10,15,20,25 shot combo etc. I only ever find out if i was really rocking combos if i'm putting up combo champ, otherwise i'm fairly clueless as to how deep i am into the combo.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Something like the warp loop callout for every significant combo would be nice. 10,15,20,25 shot combo etc. I only ever find out if i was really rocking combos if i'm putting up combo champ, otherwise i'm fairly clueless as to how deep i am into the combo.

Great idea!

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

The instant info could use a bit more info like combo count, warp factor etc...

Rob

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The instant info could use a bit more info like combo count, warp factor etc...
Rob

Ball lock status also.

2 weeks later
#17 3 years ago

Yesterday I saw a Spock Combo, no idea what to do for that, anyone seen that before?

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Duex:

Yesterday I saw a Spock Combo, no idea what to do for that, anyone seen that before?

No, not spock, at least I don't think so. I have heard Kirk, Uhura, Sulu and Bones. Most of the combos don't play if you get them in a mission.

Rob

3 years later
#19 5 days ago

I found this on Tilt Forums - so cool!

hamdrewburglar

Apr '17

Combo Value - Instant Info

What is the purpose of the “combo value” on the Instant Info screen? It lists Total Combos (which count towards Combo Champ) and Combo Value. Combo Value does not correspond with the amount of points you collect for 2-way, 3-way, etc-way Combos.

The Combo Value appears to start at 100K and add 1M per unique character combo (limit one per character, per player, per game)

So far I’ve discovered the following unique character combos (are there more?) and gotten it to 5.1M, but what does it do? Is this just a code stub to be finished in a later release?

Kirk: Left Loop, Warp Ramp
Bones: Left Loop, Left Ramp
Sulu: Right Loop, Right Ramp
Uhura: Right Ramp, Left Ramp, Right Orbit
Spock: Left Ramp, Right Ramp, Left Loop, Warp Ramp

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside