Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viperbsd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5655 7 years ago

Just put my HUO STLE # 248 with mods up for sale. You will not find a nicer one and it is priced right at $7,700 Located in Reno, NV

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/41488

#5664 7 years ago

Price on my STLE #248 has been lowered to $7,500. You will not find a nicer example with all the mods at this price.

Steal it while you can

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/41488

3 years later
#8669 3 years ago
Quoted from locdb:

Apologies if it’s already been posted, but Stern is looking for the STLE owner #357. Link from FB: https://www.facebook.com/136972659243/posts/10158800129594244/?extid=flaNcUC9Ad8jt7dF&substory_index=0&d=n

Wish there was a way to get these remade as I have #508 and the certificate was lost by the previous owner.

1 month later
#8770 3 years ago

I wanted to post a recent experience I had with the optos on my new to me Star Trek LE. I will try and make this short as possible, but I wanted to post this in case someone else runs into the same issue.

Since I got the game some weeks back I have had an issue where the game would start to award all sorts of random things including warp ramp hits. After reading through this thread I started troubleshooting the optos. I checked every single opto in test mode and I even removed some of the optos to reflow solder.

When I put the game into test mode I could see some optos just going crazy and the only way to stop it was to unplug a single opto from its board and the weird thing is that it did not seem to matter which opto I unplugged. As long as one was unplugged the random hits would stop?? It was hard to tell which opto was going off as it was happening so fast and appeared to be many differnt opto #'s while in test mode.

I actually thought I had this issue resolved on a few separate occasions after removing the opto boards, as well as the optos themselves, but in each case the issue reappeared after playing for a while.

The Fix:

So it turns out my issue was the led light strip on the warp ramp was interfering with the optos for the ramp. How in the world this effected so many other optos is beyond me.

I fixed the issue by lowering the 2 optos for the warp ramp down a little by using tiny washers, which in turn kept the optos away from the led strip that is attached to the warp ramp. Once I did this the problem never resurfaced so I assumed that the led strip must have been covering part of the opto beam.

The thing I still find strange is the amount of different optos that would go crazy in test mode, as well as the fact that when I rolled a ball past the optos on the warp ramp while in test mode it acted normal and did not cause all the optos to start going crazy.

Of all the pinball issues I have chased down in the past this one has to be one of the worst. I ended up taking a lot of the game apart including ramps and the Vengance ship while trying to locate the issue. The good news is that I was able to wax all the areas in the back of the playfield that are not normally accessible

#8775 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I totally feel your pain... I very recently resolved a similar problem on my Pro... with what sounds like a very similar cause (though I suspected that it was partly due to a short caused by shoddy soldering on my part, but now I'm wondering...) It took me several weeks, and some great diagnostic tips from others here, but in the end found what sounds like a similar problem to yours... Can you confirm? (Pictures at the end of the thread below.)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changed-a-target-now-switch-test-shows-two-other-switches-going-nuts

After looking at your pictures I believe we experienced the same issue. In my case it was much more subtle as the led strip on the warp ramp was barely blocking the opto, yet it was causing all kinds of havoc.

I read through your thread and it appears that your machine experienced a lot of the same erratic behavior as my machine did. Wish I had seen your thread earlier

1 month later
#8954 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Cheers, open the coin door panel. To the immediate left of the opening is a beige/white little tab (kind of like a horizontal golf tee) that can be pulled out to the right when the door is open, and is automatically pushed back in when the door is closed. Pulling that tab out is the override that allows the coil tests (etc) to be performed with the door open.
But yeah, the two of us had the same problem, where the issue was neither the wiring nor the boards. (I have four extra opto boards now to show for it. ) But at least it helped to rule them out as the problem...

I have 4 extra opto boards and 4 sets of opto's as well. I have not had a single issue since I lowered the opto's on my warp ramp.

1 week later
#8975 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

This is exactly what mine does. It's currently being looked at by our local pinball wizard. Bad news is, he's stumped.
Stern is only communicating by email right now and it's been a week with no reply to his email. Pretty bad if you ask me.
None of the fixes on here have worked so far, but he's not giving up.
Once he finds it I'll let y'all know.

This sounds like the exact same issue I had. I looked at your video and your issue looks identical.

I wanted to post a recent experience I had with the optos on my new to me Star Trek LE. I will try and make this short as possible, but I wanted to post this in case someone else runs into the same issue.
Since I got the game some weeks back I have had an issue where the game would start to award all sorts of random things including warp ramp hits. After reading through this thread I started troubleshooting the optos. I checked every single opto in test mode and I even removed some of the optos to reflow solder.
When I put the game into test mode I could see some optos just going crazy and the only way to stop it was to unplug a single opto from its board and the weird thing is that it did not seem to matter which opto I unplugged. As long as one was unplugged the random hits would stop?? It was hard to tell which opto was going off as it was happening so fast and appeared to be many differnt opto #'s while in test mode.
I actually thought I had this issue resolved on a few separate occasions after removing the opto boards, as well as the optos themselves, but in each case the issue reappeared after playing for a while.

The Fix:
So it turns out my issue was the led light strip on the warp ramp was interfering with the optos for the ramp. How in the world this effected so many other optos is beyond me.
I fixed the issue by lowering the 2 optos for the warp ramp down a little by using tiny washers, which in turn kept the optos away from the led strip that is attached to the warp ramp. Once I did this the problem never resurfaced so I assumed that the led strip must have been covering part of the opto beam.
The thing I still find strange is the amount of different optos that would go crazy in test mode, as well as the fact that when I rolled a ball past the optos on the warp ramp while in test mode it acted normal and did not cause all the optos to start going crazy.
Of all the pinball issues I have chased down in the past this one has to be one of the worst. I ended up taking a lot of the game apart including ramps and the Vengance ship while trying to locate the issue.

1 month later
#9145 3 years ago

Just received mine. Highly recommend them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 26.50
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viperbsd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=viperbsd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.