PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trektobbygermany.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7142 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Okay, have had the Star Trek Pro for a week and am loving it. However, there are a few things I don't understand about this game.
1. I keep getting ball saves way after I think I should. I think this has something to do with the shields, but am not really sure.
2. I don't really understand the away team thing... can someone walk me through it?
3. How do the weapons work? I understand I can press the button to launch torpedos when the lights are lit, but what do they do and when should I use them?

1. The left Outlane has a "virtual" kickback. Your Ball will be saved as long as lighted, shield targets Light again.
2. You need away team to start next mode. You can change running missions and add time on level 1 missions.
3. The weapons are charged with the right targets. Fire weapons to hit vengeance and start Vengeance Modes.

10 months later
#7880 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Has anybody repaired these wires?
Any advise on how to do it and make sure it doesn't happen again?
Thanks!
BobC[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Repair the wires, move them through the ship and zip tie them to the ship and a solid thick part of the cable. Even looks better

IMG_20191117_224155 (resized).jpgIMG_20191117_224155 (resized).jpg
9 months later
#8735 3 years ago

Here you go. Had to fix the right part with double sided tape additionally because it moves a little if it's just mounted with the wooden rail.

IMG_20200913_224419 (resized).jpgIMG_20200913_224419 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#8795 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

So I was able to get the left shooter protector on, but I'm still having problems getting the right side on...
[quoted image]
Based on the previously posted picture, I'm pretty sure I get where it's <i>supposed</i> to go... It goes between the right rail and the playfield, with its left edge flush against the right side groove of the shooter lane...
My problem is that I seem to be unable to lift the rail off of the playfield... Removing all of the screws on right side as well as the launcher gets me this far...
[quoted image]
...but the screws that seem to protrude from the bottom of the rail and through the playfield to secure the launcher seem to be unable to be dislodged. If I try to pull on the rail to lift it (and those two screws) out, it doesn't budge at all... I'm worried that I will damage the playfield if I keep tugging harder and harder on that rail.
...and one of those two screws is what is used to secure that protector between the rail and playfield, yes?

You don't need to remove all that parts. The wooden rail is just fixed with some wood screws from below the playfield. Look for these screws (you removed one already) along the rail and it will loosen easily. The rail is long!

#8810 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Okay, NOW I know why I can't get that right rail off... That last wood screw, the one that I would use to secure the right Cliffy protector is snapped.
[quoted image]
The remainder of the snapped screw is still securing the right rail, deeply embedded... That being said, I'm guessing there's no way to remove it, yes?

Oh, I'm sorry man. That's frustrating. But there is always a way, even if it is not easy... You could try to remove enough from broken screw by a metal drill. If you can lift the rail, you can remove the defective screw with pliers.
If that is not possible, I would suggest to buy a new wooden rail. If you have that, you can saw the old one in part as long as you can reach the screw. But rememer: be careful with the playfield, all other parts are quite easy to exchange and not so expensive... Good luck!

4 months later
#9429 3 years ago

There is no Eos switch on the upper flipper. I had a broken Eos on an lower flipper and didn't notice some time. The Eos is just to prevent a flipper moving down on ball impact while hold power an trapping a ball. The hold power will switch on after time even with a broken eos. So no need on upper flipper. Other machines also use eos on upper flippers...

2 weeks later
#9471 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

How does disabling a ramp opto even let you hit that shot? I mean, you can hit it, but surely it cannot score any points, now.

On Sterns Stark Trek there are ramp entrance and exit optos. The exit optos score the shot. Because there aren't any sounds/Callouts if you don't make the shot, you barely notice if the entrance optos aren't working. I think the only thing they do is to calculate timers...

2 weeks later
#9512 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippinski:

The wife came up with this idea. Please tell me if you like it so I can pass it along.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did take a moment... But... I think it's cool

2 months later
#9697 2 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

What is the proper procedure to replace the 2430 battery in the back box of my Star Trek pro 2013 model ?
Basically should power be on or off ?

You can change with power on to save adjustments and scores. You have to be careful, but not really a big problem. If you power off for security, adjustments and scores will be lost.

8 months later
#10091 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Game has about 200 games so all like new. What you mean by adjust gap?

Coil stops fail even on new machines. If you can see dust in cabinet and if you touch the coilstop with your finger and if feels loose, you sure need a new one.

Adjust gap of Eos. But my St premium doesn't has an Eos on upper flipper.

#10096 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Is there a reason why sometimes I can't use the lit torpedos to shoot the Vengence? I push the action button and nothing happens. Later in the game they do fire. I am using the latest code. Thanks.

I think they should fire if lit. Check the leaf switch under the action button.

#10099 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

My understanding as well.
You can use torpedos before the first vengeance mode; thru the first mode; and up to the second... but you cannot use it during the second vengeance mode.
I believe during the second mode; the torpedo lights are off.

Yes, that's right. If they aren't lit, you can't use them. That's while second and third vengeance mode. If lit, you can use them to enable modes... Otherwise there is a mechanical issue.

#10103 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

My torpedo lights are on and I can't fire. The button works and then it doesn't. Should not be a mechanical issue. I usually fire right away then later when there are more torpedos, they will not fire. A few minutes later they do fire.

Sounds to me like a connection/wire/leaf switch/soldering issue. Double check. If you can't figure out, it will get worse and therefore easier to find the issue.

1 month later
#10167 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve been playing my ST premium more lately. Had one weak flipper lower right, replaced the coil sleeve and is much better now, I’m getting some crazy action now maybe too crazy. Got a stuck ball like never before. Anyone had one stuck here? This has the airball deflector so it’s got a plastic floor holding the ball up.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The ball should fall through there. I tried that on mine. Maybe your plastic is a bit warped. You could heat it up a little and bend it carefully.

3 weeks later
#10229 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can’t figure out sometimes I’ll be on ‘last shot’ and will drain and it’ll send me to the next mission select. But other times if I drain I’ll need to hit the mode Starr shot. Is there a logic they I’m missing to this?

That's depending on vengeance mode status. If vengeance is ready and not startet it won't start next mission automatically. But you can still stack with a mission. If vengeance started, you can't start a mission, you have to play vengeance.

#10233 2 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

could the level be installed backwards?

Yes.

11 months later
#10524 1 year ago
Quoted from joostproost:

Hi Guys! Love my Star Trek Pro! But got an issue. A lot of times the ball keeps getting stuck after the popbumpers. Between the lowest bumber and a rubber. I have to shake the cabinet a bit to get it free. Anybody else has this or resoved it? Looking for tips. Greatly appreciated.
[quoted image]

There should be a screw in the playfield to prevent this hangup. Turn the screw out and put a nylon washer or something like that in and that's it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trektobbygermany.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=trektobbygermany and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.