PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5725 7 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Just joined today! So happy!

Congrats! Such a great game...enjoy!

1 week later
#5742 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Now on to installing the Zitt laser kit!

You won't be disappointed. Just installed the red upgrade a few days ago and it makes a huge difference. Makes for a much more enjoyable Klingon multiball for sure.

2 weeks later
#5764 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ok I have a basket full over on Zitts site, any other mods I should consider for my STLE? Is there a definitive ST mod list anywhere, tried a search so unless I am looking right at it and not seeing it, which is possible

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-comprehensive-mod-list

1 week later
#5781 7 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

I put mirror blades on mine, and new translite amongst many other things. Looks awesome!

Did the same as well! I even got the LE stainless steel speaker panel for my Premium.

IMG_2065 (resized).JPGIMG_2065 (resized).JPG

IMG_2122 (resized).JPGIMG_2122 (resized).JPG

#5784 7 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

Looks great!
I'm thinking of buying the speaker light kits soon. And have the vengeance interactive led mod on order from beatmaster
Recently added kbop and trough lighting kit from mezel mods. And cliffy's everywhere.
Thinking of getting a shaker motor also. What a great game to mod.

That's a good list. I have everything there and I can tell you they're all worth it. I held off on the shaker until recently thinking it wasn't really necessary. I was wrong. I can't imagine playing without it now.
It is a great game to mod.

#5790 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

steel looks always great
here is a Picture of MY PREM

Nice lighting effect on the translite there. Where did you get the speaker panel? Looks interesting...never seen that before.

#5791 7 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

Odd question but when does the skaker...shake?? I am strongly considering it but its the sort of thing that i don't know i'm missing.....as have never experienced it

You can adjust that in the settings. Not how much it shakes when it's on but rather how often it is used during gameplay. I keep mine on "maximal" use for ST.

#5793 7 years ago

Anyone else not happy with the look of the Hotwheels BoP toy and paint theirs?

Or am I the only one? Lol.

I just think the green/camo color looks out of place on the playfield. I'm happy with how it turned out. Now I just have to install Zitts wing LED mod and I'm set.

IMG_2126 (resized).JPGIMG_2126 (resized).JPG

IMG_2127 (resized).JPGIMG_2127 (resized).JPG

#5798 7 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

That looks awesome! I had considered painting as I had the first initial thought about the camo appearance, however when installed in the game and mostly lit from gi underneath I'm happy with it. Got to say though I would consider painting it in the future. Did you use standard modelling paint?

Thanks! I just bought some "dark steel" spray paint at Home Depot and a mat clear coat.

#5800 7 years ago

Bruce, I think it's best you install it and see for yourself before planning anything. I don't have any issues with regards to parts of the cab rattling and you may not either.

#5802 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Did you paint before or after the body was modded/drilled?
I'd advice you paint after the body is modded so I don't risk ruining you awesome paint job.
Did you use any screen captures to come up with this paint job?
This looks pretty cool:
https://startrekstarships.wordpress.com/2015/04/22/special-edition-klingon-d4-class/

Yes, I did all the drilling and modding before I painted it. I definitely would have had to repaint it otherwise.

You're good! I actually did use the Eaglemoss D4 model as inspiration. Would love for mine to look exactly like that but I'm not that good. Still really happy with how it turned out though. I'll put up some pics of it in the cab.

#5804 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm curious how mod-able the Eaglemoss is... so I ordered two.
One for my collection and one for attempting to do the wingled mod on.
Also ordered a JellyFish from the site just incase. Not sure if or where I can find a spot for it in my LE... but we'll see.

I thought the same thing but decided against it because of the size....apparently the wing span is 8 inches whereas the Hotwheels toy is 6 inches.

2 months later
#5925 6 years ago

Anyone looking for a blue laser upgrade kit? I have one available.

4 months later
#6255 6 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

IMHO money better spent on a subwoofer if you haven't done it yet, ST sounds great with an external sub!

Absolutely. I was blown away when I first tried it. An external sub is great on all games but it's a must for ST in particular.

#6273 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Getting a hum from speaker when holding right flipper. Noticed after installing ColorDMD. Anyone have anything similar?

Quoted from gunstarhero:

I have a flipper hum on my left flipper, not as much on the right, and even before the CDMD. Just kind of assumed it was a Stern thing, as I remember my LOTR seemed really hummy too, although it was a different board set.

It's a Stern thing for sure. All of my new games (TWD, GB, ST) have some degree of humming from the flippers. One side seems to be worse than the other on all the games but it's only really noticeable when the volume is low.

#6284 6 years ago

Beauty....Enjoy!

#6295 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

eBay user pugsotoys5zpt... not sure if he's on these boards but he sells alot of alternate translites on eBay.

Yup...just got a TWD alternate translite from him through Ebay a couple of days ago. Nice guy.

#6312 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Make it so..
» YouTube video

Very nice!

4 months later
#6571 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So my warp ramp chase light came in from mezel. I'm a little confused if this light goes underneath (or behind) the plastic or on the front of the plastic warp ramp itself? I would think the former but it's basically just a LED strip and the bottom has the adhesive so not sure how putting it behind the plastic would work as the lights themselves needs to be against the plastic.
Can someone confirm or share a pic?
btw - those update pop bumpers sold here look fantastic. HUGE upgrade thanks
EDIT - so I went underneath and used a little tape to make it clean. Problem is I don't have an open plug to plug this thing into. Damn - didn't come with an adaptor either. I wonder if home depot or some place similar will have an adaptor.

Looks like you figured it out but here is the link for the installation just in case.

https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200638059-Warp-Ramp-Lights-Stern-ST

Welcome to the club! Such a great game to mod.

2 years later
#8474 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

After playing on my LE, I honestly cant stand the pro for the above mentioned items. The PREMIUM and LE both have full RGB lighting for every insert on the playfield, this alone makes these games look like completely different machines.

I agree, the lighting alone makes such a huge difference. You just can’t make up for that with mods IMO.

#8481 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Attract mode. I have non-pin people tell me they could stand there all day and watch it... so it has the desired effect.

It’s mesmerizing! One of the best light shows in pinball.

#8488 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Seriously though what perpose do all the RGB light do on every insert.

Really? It allows programmers the ability to code in a lot of really cool effects that otherwise would not be able to be achieved. Being so used to playing my Pre, I find it very difficult to enjoy playing on a Pro, which seems quite dull and poorly lit in comparison.

#8493 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Then your not playing the right pro brother.

I’ve played enough of them, all modded in some way to try to make up for what is lacking but I’ve not been impressed. If I played yours I may very well think it is the best pro I’ve ever played, I don’t doubt that. Whatever floats your boat. Glad you’re enjoying your game.

#8498 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ultimately that’s the beauty of Sterns model, different trim levels for different wallets and different tastes but at the end of the day it’s all pinball so it’s all good.
And if it wasn’t for zitt the laser feature would suck ass!!

This is true, including the fact that the laser definitely needs the upgrade. It’s a worthwhile mod for sure.

#8518 3 years ago

Yeah, they most likely won’t work together. I have the Pinbits pop bumper kit as well and I think they look really good with the stock caps.

#8520 3 years ago

Got a bunch of your mods - KBOP, Nebula, Warp Ramp LED and Laser upgrade. All great mods!

The all blue matt under-caps are very nice! I definitely prefer those.

#8537 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It's amazing how many people do not realize they can do this and it works great. I cringe every time I play one that hasn't done this....especially in competition. Glad it worked for you!

I didn't know that either. That'll save me a couple of tilt warnings every game

#8585 3 years ago

I just finished making a plaque for my speaker panel. I bought the entire LE stainless steel speaker panel assembly for my Premium from Marco a while back but never got around to making the plaque to finish it off. I had bought the decal from someone on here a long time ago, which was originally meant for the coin door. Thought it might look good on the speaker panel so I just had to make the steel plate at work and painted it black, threw on the sticker and...wow - I think it came out great!

141CF938-FDE0-4898-B978-C8AF71415ED5 (resized).jpeg141CF938-FDE0-4898-B978-C8AF71415ED5 (resized).jpeg242E6E83-457B-4190-BAF9-638224F8B284 (resized).jpeg242E6E83-457B-4190-BAF9-638224F8B284 (resized).jpegFADFBE67-308D-40CC-8402-FDA464BC0620 (resized).jpegFADFBE67-308D-40CC-8402-FDA464BC0620 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=pipes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.