Topic Stats

• 8,327 posts
  • 679 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by J85M
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,470 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

770C6AF8-511D-4639-B384-3292F4BB9B39 (resized).jpeg
D1CC33F4-2FE9-4C33-B084-F63560B51E85 (resized).jpeg
F734083E-2805-4C33-BFEE-9CC73219FF8C (resized).jpeg
20200524_121804 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200522_193652 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200518_191922 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200516_134354_325 (resized).jpg
fe6de4413c5746eb80a5e4f3c026c1b70600f308 (resized).jpg
20200511_145938 (resized).jpg
A232A0E0-8E48-4CF5-A1A3-BECD28A64C22 (resized).jpeg
5D6A91DE-C8C4-4878-80A5-90E8DFFCD265 (resized).jpeg
719BBE15-BDAA-475C-A923-465FC79A5F5C (resized).jpeg
E01BF6E7-E729-49E0-855D-2DEA77A11F16 (resized).jpeg
885102F3-DCC6-4731-ACA3-962541148221 (resized).jpeg
7E0436FB-B376-4E6C-ACE4-AFD801F41C73 (resized).jpeg
D255E851-DAD1-4300-B50E-051EBF705668 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monkeyboypaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3553 4 years ago

Hopefully this has been discussed before, but our LE has a very dim Black Hole insert vs. the rest of the playfield - is this a common problem, and if so, are there any remedies? Not had the game very long, so yet to open it up and have a real fiddle under the hood.

#3556 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Seems like mine is similar; not sure why. I don't recall anyone discussing it before.

Perhaps we should then! Once i get that playfield up again to have a better look i'll post back...

#3568 4 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Yes we should. ..
my premium black hole is pretty dim compared to rest of the inserts.

OK, so i had a better look underneath the playfield and it appears the 'Black Hole' LED is a good 5-10mm off to the right of the insert - most of the light it generates hits the underside wood of the playfield.

there's no way to adjust the positioning because of those stupid PCBs!

I might have to make a little reflective gismo to try and hide more light towards the insert plastic.... by that i mean; a non-conducting foil wrapper and an elastic band to hold it on, probably.

image.jpgimage.jpg

also, this plastic and post is loose, and it won't tighten up - the screw just spins...

image.jpg

1 week later
#3639 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

OK, so i had a better look underneath the playfield and it appears the 'Black Hole' LED is a good 5-10mm off to the right of the insert - most of the light it generates hits the underside wood of the playfield.
there's no way to adjust the positioning because of those stupid PCBs!
I might have to make a little reflective gismo to try and hide more light towards the insert plastic.... by that i mean; a non-conducting foil wrapper and an elastic band to hold it on, probably.
image.jpg image.jpg
also, this plastic and post is loose, and it won't tighten up - the screw just spins...
image.jpg

Fixed my Black Hole insert RGB LED brightness while trying to fit the Blackout mod...

Turns out the Homo sapien who put my game together decided to go 'off-piste' and drill his mounting own holes for the PCB, opting not to use the guidance dimples on offer:

IMG_1206edit.jpg

The result was the entire board was about 1-2cm rotated, some inserts were ok because they're big, the smaller ones and Blackhole were kind-of missing their insert plastic by some margin.

I thought WTF, let's try the dimples, you never know, maybe they're there for a reason. They were dead-on. Black Hole and surrounding inserts now lovely and bright, each distinguishable from the other.

Also, the spinning screw & plastic near the spinner - it's a screw that had just lost it's thread in the hole & come loose - no locknut on the underside of the playfield.

IMG_1208.JPG

So i used the end off a matchstick to give it some purchase and re-tightened it. Sorted.

IMG_1210.JPG

#3641 4 years ago

We invented the language so we have every right to abuse it

You're welcome.

1 month later
#3834 4 years ago

Was having a great game, then it got ruined by this!!!!

Both vengeance optos gone duff... Think I need to check their plugging to start with.

image.jpg

2 weeks later
#3936 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

did anyone notice any of their inserts with small stress fractures that are visible when illuminated? I noticed quite a few on the large inserts. Is this common and does Stern fix them?

My LE has those stress fractures too. Only way to fix those would be a new playfield, wouldn't it?

1 week later
#3981 4 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

So a few posts up I asked how often people are reaching KM. My ST shows six times with about five hundred plays...but one of them now belongs to my 8 year old who managed to do almost all of it on his third ball.
He was pretty proud of himself, but was disappointed that none of his classmates would have one damn idea what he was talking about if he told them.

Once in about 100 plays - I'm shit!

2 weeks later
#4098 4 years ago

Sigh...

My right (Vegeance's left) engine thingy light has failed...

The wire has severed where the ship moves and another is on the way out. This game's barely seen daylight, let alone heavy gameplay.

Stern. Build quality. Etc.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 month later
#4408 4 years ago

Black-out mod fitted - check.
LE mirror blades from Freddies fitted - check.
Coin taker's green laser arrived and ready for fitting - check.
Wife's arranged for us to go away and see her folks for the weekend.... check

#4424 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Please help with last part of the blackout mod:
The picture on their site sucks and I'm not sure where to hook this end up. I've got the board and other connector installed, just can't see where to hook up to the laser.

The cable that goes off to get power from the laser? I think you just plug it up to the only similarly shaped plug up by the laser. Basically a pass-through.

3 weeks later
#4599 4 years ago

You're probably better off starting a new help thread, but definitely start by checking the switch test because you could have a duff trough switch or connection.

#4618 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

That's a GREAT title to have as your first machine.
Still in demand too considering Stern are still making them.

Given the popularity, we can only hope they deliver the fabled 'last code drop' reasonably soon.

1 week later
#4702 4 years ago

My LE has Mylar in the pop bumpers and a big piece in front of the vengeance - all the way across from the warp ramp to the beta ramp, and up to the drop target.

It looks factory, but as the 2nd owner I can't say for sure.

1 month later
#4939 4 years ago

in just over 2 weeks (19th March) it'll be the anniversary of the last Stern ST code update... I'm starting to lose hope of another (presumably final) update in the near future.

1 month later
#5078 4 years ago

My LE kickback is inconsistent.

3 months later
#5481 3 years ago
Quoted from rbissett:

To Shake or Not to Shake?
ST:Premium, does a shaker add much to the experience?

shake.

1 year later
#6127 2 years ago

Think you’re all in luck - ColorDMD on it’s way! Only 2yrs after I sold my LE...

2 weeks later
#6254 2 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

IMHO money better spent on a subwoofer if you haven't done it yet, ST sounds great with an external sub!

Now have subs running out of all Stern games - it’s an essential, easy and affordable mod. 1 sub serves 2 games.

I did use FF speakers on a few games (still in SM), and they’re better than stock, but a lot more expensive per game than a sub for less improvement. In my opinion.

7 months later
#6751 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Have you actually met the stern team?
Have you actually seen them revisit code?
Yeah; when the redo the art like on BM66 or SMVault.... sure.
But They didn't revisit (IIRC) for IMVE or the others.
I'd love to be wrong; but not holding my breath.

Pretty sure they did reopen the IM code for the VE, if only to ensure an LED Vault Edition of the original didn’t look all flickery and stoopid. ST is already LED though, so likely they’ll do naff-all and just print some more money. I’d love to be wrong though, having owned an LE and sold it. Great game, which could be even better with some polish.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Summerville, SC
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gaithersburg, MD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Massapequa, NY
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 9.99
$ 64.99
$ 49.95
Playfield - Plastics
MicksPinball
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monkeyboypaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside