Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moeman65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7737 4 years ago

Curious situation here: What would cause the center drop target to drop as if it was supposed to and reset 2 or 3 times? Only happens occasionally and it isn't a Mechanical fault. Seems to be ok after a few times and is ok for awhile.It acts as though the computer or something is telling it to drop.

#7741 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I think you'll need to disassemble it from underneath and replace the drop target and ledge that it sits on. Mine used to do that. Fairly common

I have already replaced the ledge because it was dropping. It's actually acting as if its being signaled to so as to lock a ball but the lock isn't lit. When the ledge was defective it was more of an abrupt drop. This is a more subtle drop and reset.

#7743 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Could be as simple as a loose connection. Reseat the plug is usually the first easy bet on this game for drop, warp optos, trough. As for the drop, sometimes the ledge can get worn down. There are posts in this thread about how to fix that as well.

I know, I put small thin washers as per instructions between ledge and assembly to add a extra area of ledge and it worked for a good while until the ledge broke in half. I have already checked connections and cleaned them. Guess I will have to install another new ledge and the drop target this time. Only thing the new target doesn't have the art work on it.

#7747 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

You shouldn’t need a new drop target, just a new ledge. This time, instead of washers, cut a thin strip the size of the ledge out of an old credit card, or if you don’t have one, two index cards back to back. Put the strip behind the new ledge and reattach the ledge. This will do the same thing as the washers but will even out pressure on the ledge so it stops breaking.

Thank you very much for this suggestion! I had been thinking along that same theory but wasn't sure on what or how thick a spacer to use. They used a thin piece of paper from the factory but I couldn't reason it to doing much, so consequently I didn't know how much thickness to add. Is this something you have done?

#7749 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yes. I used a credit card. I would think index cards or card stock would work as well, just not sure how many layers equals the same thickness.

Thanks again! Think I will use index cards, they will be easier to put the aligning screw holes in. The Fische paper they installed from the factory is about worthless.

#7754 4 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

This fixed mine.
But...
Six months ago it started again and that time it was a broken opto wire. That's a tricky repair and I paid to have it done.

I think we will replace the ledge and opto and maybe the target. Have to wait until I can get to it and give a look see.

#7755 4 years ago

This fixed mine.
But...
Six months ago it started again and that time it was a broken opto wire. That's a tricky repair and I paid to have it done.

Which opto did you replace? The one at bottom of target assembly?

3 weeks later
#7766 4 years ago

Both were checked, it was the wire on the one in the back. It was severed and only making occasional contact.

Tracked target random dropping and resetting to a defective opto. First one on the right under the ship. Talked with Chaz at Sterns technical support and he is the one who told me the what the problem was and the part number. THANKS CHAZ!

2 weeks later
#7798 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Need help. When I lock the ball under the ship, the drop target isn’t dropping.
I just had issues where the plastic ledge on it broke. I replaced it a few months ago.
Not sure what would cause this. Any help would be appreciated.Check opto connectors. Also go into the coil test mode and check to see if it drops.

2 weeks later
#7827 4 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Finally picked up a Star Trek! Love this game!![quoted image]

Any one know where I can get a translite for my Star Trek like the one in this pict. #7823?

#7832 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

That's an 'LE only' mirrored back glass. Not a translate. I don't know if they're even available to buy, but if they are, they will be expensive.
Get this one below instead. It's awesome (I have it). This kit is missing the speaker decal though.
STAR TREK AURICH TRANSLITE and art package for sale here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86427

Thanks for the info. I got it.

1 year later
#9696 2 years ago

What is the proper procedure to replace the 2430 battery in the back box of my Star Trek pro 2013 model ?
Basically should power be on or off ?

8 months later
#10122 2 years ago

You might want to get a couple of extra ledges from Stern, I had one break in the middle. I keep a couple on hand plus a couple of drop targets.

#10124 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I made a ledge out of an old credit card. Its been good for 5+ yrs.

I have heard of that too. You would think Stern would design something better since it is hit and hit hard quite often.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moeman65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=moeman65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.