PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mavantix.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5474 7 years ago

Ha! I visited that list when I got my ST Pro. Damn page cost me like $1000...

#5478 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Sorry! Ok... not really. You didn't haveta buy that stuff.

Didn't have to but it was all sooooo cool!!! I still need to wire a couple of the ships too.

#5489 7 years ago

Yikes! That's a neat LE / Premium only problem.

2 months later
#5616 7 years ago

I have success having mine printed at a local office store, Staples or Office Depot. Inexpensive for a 1 or 2 page job, and you can take them the images on a USB memory stick. They have different card stock/paper options, and paper cutters available to use to trim them down. I chose heavy weight glossy paper, and did not laminate them.

1 week later
#5643 7 years ago

Well that depends, is your current mode complete and the Away Mission light lit when you hit the ball in there? It is normal if the mode isn't complete, it will just fire it to let you finish the current mode. If your current mode is complete and it's ready to choose your next mode, it should hold the ball in the shooter lane while you choose the next mission.

2 months later
#5711 7 years ago

It's an 89 base, I ordered three different designed red LEDs and I think I settled on one that has a flat faceted appearance. Personal preference though.

1 week later
#5734 7 years ago

Stuck flipper: When you turned the game off, did the flipper stay stuck? If so, it's a mechanical issue, something is binding.

Zitt's popcaps on STTNG: I don't think it would work, screw holes would be in the wrong position? I can take I look, I have them on my ST Pro...

#5737 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

The flipper did not stay stuck when the power went off.

My guess is the popcaps will fit STTNG, but won't all be upright? I thought I saw somebody had done that once?

If the flipper dropped then that indicates something going on electrical, I would check the simple stuff first, EOS switch, diode, coil...

I'm sure the popcaps would fit, but the screw alignment of the pop bumper base is what has me wondering how the would look, like would they be sideways. Zitt might know?

5 months later
#5963 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

If anyone has Aurich's translite and/or decal package available, please let me know. Thanks!

I've been looking since I passed on a set not knowing when I bought my ST Pro. Would love to find a set too!

#5980 6 years ago
Quoted from kwvogel:

I've owned an HUO Star Trek (Pro) for about 2 years that has had no problems during that time. Recently, in the middle of a game, a loud static started coming from the speaker in the bottom of the cabinet.

That sounds like electromagnetic interference noise is being introduced into the speaker wire along it's run from the backbox to the speaker. Check and make sure it's not near sitting near anything, like the transformer in the bottom of the cabinet, or the back of the display boards, etc. Anything that would emit EMI into the speaker wire. Failing that, it's likely a board or some board component starting to fail. Definitely give Stern a call if moving the wire away for EMI sources doesn't fix it.

Edit: Oh, and for giggles, remove the backbox florescent light bulb and see if that has any effect on it. Just spin it about 1/4 turn to slide out from the holders. Florescent blubs and their ballasts love to emit EM noise.

Lastly, check all your board grounds are good, like the screws holding your backbox boards aren't loose. They don't need to be crazy tight, but if they are loose, the board could have shifted loosing good grounding. Probably not this but you never know...

1 month later
#6053 6 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Probably been talked about in previous posts,
the bumper post right hand side of the Warp ramp gets whacked by the ball & bends,
anyone fitted a different type of post that can take more of a pounding TIA

The previous owner of my ST Pro replaced the post with a stronger one and a superband ring. I'll go take a pic...

Edit: originals in the bag, new ones in the game. Don't know what ones he used but they don't bend anymore.

IMG_5137.JPGIMG_5137.JPG

3 weeks later
#6125 6 years ago

My Star Trek Pro had a problem during league play this weekend where the drop target wouldn't reset back up, it would try a bunch of times (like 5 times?), but would never work right and reset. Wasn't the target mech itself, as it would work manually just fine. Turns out it was the opto board not working, specifically the header pins for the connector needed solder reflowed. Was a pretty easy fix once we diagnosed the root cause in switch test.

2 weeks later
#6251 6 years ago

IMHO money better spent on a subwoofer if you haven't done it yet, ST sounds great with an external sub!

3 months later
#6497 6 years ago

My favorite mod is probably the theatrical soundtrack and external subwoofer, but I have a ton of others, hallmark ships, Aurich, ColorDMD, Zitt's stuff, lighted apron, lighted speakers, shaker, and on and on...

1 week later
#6523 6 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Outstanding - a fix to my problem in 2 minutes. That has to be a record. Zitt is my new best friend.

Zitt's everyone's best friend here, he does awesome work on Star Trek pins and pinball mods!!

3 months later
#6806 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

The problem with any Laser kit is the Pro lacks the software hooks to "turn on" the laser at the appropriate time.
It would take someone one "patching" a Pro software stack with the hooks to turn it on. No one had taken that job.

RedShiftLED would be the board for that, albeit with some custom code to detect start of multiball... kind of like the rising cross mod for Metallica Pro.

#6820 5 years ago

Should we all just upvote Pinzzz post if we want a PM when the new version comes out with the movie soundtrack? Because count me in too!

5 months later
#7080 5 years ago

1. Optos, guns, boards.
2. $5k +/-$1k depending on condition.

5 months later
#7493 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Funny thing is, with Star Trek offline for a few weeks, Maverick became my favorite game.

Maverick is the reason I have 15 pins now. ST Pro was a solid second game choice. The similarity in our collections is...spooky.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mavantix.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=mavantix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.