Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mathazar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6931 5 years ago

My Vault Edition ST Pro was delivered today pre-loaded with 1.62 code! After an arduous trip down an 18-step narrow stair case with 2 turns, she's finally nestled into our basement rec room right next to Eight Ball Deluxe. First (and probably only) mods will be a ColorDMD later this month.

IMG_5540 (resized).jpgIMG_5540 (resized).jpgIMG_5542 (resized).jpgIMG_5542 (resized).jpgIMG_5544 (resized).jpgIMG_5544 (resized).jpg
#6935 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's a basement. How high is your ceiling 10ft?

11ft before it was finished, 10ft to the new ceiling, ~9ft in the soffit areas. Here are a few pix of the whole thing (we just finished it about 3 months ago). It started off as a family rec room idea and kinda morphed into a Man Cave (complete with a bookcase doorway that leads to a 30x15 unfinished area for storage, my workbench, and rear access to the AV gear in the wall). Still to add: curio cabinet near the utility room door for my wife's Marvel collectibles and either a shuffleboard setup or maybe another pin (STTNG or Black Knight) by the stairway wall near the wetbar.
IMG_5230 (resized).JPGIMG_5230 (resized).JPGIMG_5548 (resized).JPGIMG_5548 (resized).JPGIMG_5549 (resized).JPGIMG_5549 (resized).JPGIMG_5551 (resized).JPGIMG_5551 (resized).JPGIMG_5552 (resized).JPGIMG_5552 (resized).JPGIMG_5553 (resized).JPGIMG_5553 (resized).JPGIMG_5562 (resized).JPGIMG_5562 (resized).JPGIMG_5563 (resized).JPGIMG_5563 (resized).JPG

#6937 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Nice looking basement! Looks like you've got plenty of room for your next 20 or so pins

Thank you! This is the empty area to the left of the off-camera stairway. We're thinking of a shuffleboard game along that wall. I would love to line up 3 or 4 more pins there but I think I'm pushing it with the wife on just the STPro and EBD I have now. Behind the James Bond poster is pre-wiring for another TV in case we want to add one in the wet bar area.

IMG_5564 (resized).JPGIMG_5564 (resized).JPG
#6939 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

That doesn't sound very sporting... I'll leave this right here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinioninterest-check-stern-star-trek-popcaps
Or if you really want to challenge your resolve:
Stern Star_Trek: Comprehensive Mod List

I know, famous last words. After shilling out for the STPro Vault and the ColorDMD (ordered last night), my wallet says to play with it as stock for a while. After some time, I'm sure I'll get the urge to mod more here and there. There will likely be a speaker light kit mod in my future.

#6943 5 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Just a few glamour shots I took after cleaning up yesterday.

Very nice indeed!

#6962 5 years ago

I've got about 40 games on my new STPro Vault and it's been working perfectly until I hit this scenario this morning. Has anybody run into this? I reached out to my dealer (who supports his games) but I'm not expecting a reply until after the weekend.

- Light the LOCK function
- Hit the center LOCK target, but ball is not captured (if the left LOCK target/outhole is hit, the ball does correctly lock there).
- Hold the ball for several seconds so that the game does a ball search.
- After the ball search, the center LOCK target operates correctly one time, but each subsequent LOCK attempt fails likes the first time.

Here is a short video that shows exactly what is happening:

Game was manufactured June 18, 2018 and is on code v1.62 (no mods yet). I've cycled power and executed the coil tests, but condition/sequence remains.

Thanx,
Kris

#6966 5 years ago

Physician, heal thyself. I found the issue - after taking a closer look at underneath the playfield, I found a disconnected (and keyed) cable right under that lock mechanism. It probably came loose enough during shipping that it played fine at first but after 40+ games of multi-balls pounding that area and cabinet nudging during gameplay, it came loose enough to actually fall away. Now I'm going over all cable connections a bit more thoroughly than the cursory glance I gave it after unpacking it earlier this week!

Thanx for all your quick replies...

Kris

Oops (resized).jpgOops (resized).jpg
#6981 5 years ago

When updating code from one version to another (like 1.61 to 1.62), are High Score and custom settings retained after the update or does everything revert to default settings? Thanx in advance....

4 months later
#7096 5 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

So after 3 years of owning my ST Pro with a 5 ball setting and generous extra ball awards, i still have not reached 5 Year Mission.
Closest I got was two missions shy.
And I've only completed Amok once.
I must be worse than I thought.

I got my ST Pro in June and have left it at 3 balls. I can usually get at least 2 extra balls during play for a total of 5 in a game. I can complete Kobayashi three out of five games but have sniffed Amok only once (one mission away). High score to date 325M. Seriously thinking of changing the default to 5 balls....maybe with a total of 7 balls I can get beyond Amok and make a run at 5 Year Mission. Love this pin....it's never leaving my game room.

#7099 5 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Ok - I have a question. What the heck is this in the middle of my playfield? Never noticed it before now. I was testing some new Titan bands under blacklight on another machine when I noticed it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's kinda spooky. Playfield serial number? Does it match the serial number of the machine?

1 month later
#7123 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Beam me up to the club!
Snagged this bad boy last night and boy is this a fun game! She's filthy, but she's all there and she plays well. After I strip her down, clean her, replace the balls, replace the rubbers, and replace #61 plastic under the vengeance, what else do I need to do?
I really like toys. I'm thinking about dropping in an enterprise and a Klingon bird of Prey if I can bring everything else up to 100%. Also debating getting an alternate translate. I'm looking into possibly getting a color DMD... Especially if they are transferrable between machines (still looking into this.
All in all this machine is a blast and it may be just that it's the newest machine in my 2 pin house, but I'm digging this one more than the AFMr SE sitting next to it.
I started a separate thread, but if anyone knows where to get a replacement decal for the left side of the back box or just a single replacement plastic (#61 under the backbox), please let me know.
Also, ordering rubbers today. If anyone recommends anything other than black please let me know.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club! Stern's ST is by far one of my all time favorite pins. I picked up mine about 6 months ago.

You won't be disappointed with a Color DMD - that the first mod I did (followed by art blades). They're pricey at $423, but it adds soooo much to the game seeing the animations in color. Biggest choice you'll need to make is LCD or LED. I went LCD...just a personable preference on the smoothness vs. the color depth of the LED version.

You can move them from game to game, just need to reprogram them accordingly with ROMs from the DMD site.

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-star-trek-pinball-machine/

1 month later
#7197 5 years ago

Welcome, BertoDRINK1 - I got my NIB Vault STPro in July and it's awesome. I play it almost everyday, my son plays it several times a week, and even my wife (who is not a pinhead at all) plays it once in a while just because she's a Star Trek fan and likes the call outs.

1 month later
#7342 5 years ago

Do you guys play with the machine set to 3 balls or 5 balls? I've had my NIB ST Pro set to factory settings since I bought it in July 2018. I've been able to complete KM with regularity but I couldn't get to EA. I set the machine to 5 ball last night and completed EA today for the first time (with only 1 extra ball, the one after 3 warps) - what a trip! I've always enjoyed this game but now I've got renewed energy with it by reaching EA. Perhaps 5YM will actually be obtainable at some point for me now...

Am I violating some unwritten rule among pinheads by setting the machine to 5 balls?

3 weeks later
#7435 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Anyone know what the Vault Pro shipped costs? I am upgrading to an LE and need to list my original pro soon and of course dont want to go up against NIB prices. I have the pinball refinery blue armor, Aurich art, ship mods and stuff so trying to evaluate it's value. Best course may be to pull some mods and blow it out as cheap as possible.

Game Room Guys - $5599 with free shipping.

https://www.gameroomguys.com/Stern-star-trek-starfleet-pro-pinball

1 week later
#7469 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The most I have gotten is 4 in a row.

I got 7 in a row one night and may have gotten more if my son didn't yell "Holy crap!" on the 7th one and broke my concentration!

1 month later
#7507 4 years ago
Quoted from DavisAZ:

Hi All,
I'm very excited to finally be joining the Star Trek Club with my first NIB purchase of Star Trek Premium (VE) this past weekend at Zapcon in Phoenix!
I've enjoyed reading your comments, suggestions and recommendations in this group for a long time. Some of those comments helped me confirm my decision to go with the Premium... and I am super happy with the decision!!
[quoted image]

Congrats, and nice lineup! My Black Knight is next to my NIB Star Trek VE, too (Pro).

001.JPG001.JPG
1 month later
#7634 4 years ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

Here is a picture of my date/manufactured sticker and vault plaque. The date/manufactured sticker seems different vs. your sticker? Could anyone else who owns a Pro, or a Final Voyage Pro, please supply me with your thoughts on the sticker difference? Seems strange that Stern would change date format styles?

Here's my sticker for my Pro Vault Edition. Ordered it mid-May 2018 from my dealer and the build started on it a couple of weeks later. It was delivered to my house toward the end of June 2018. The shipping box had "Stern Vault" on it as part of the model number. The "Final Voyage" was announced in May of this year, I think.

IMG_5540.jpgIMG_5540.jpgIMG_5537.jpgIMG_5537.jpg
1 month later
#7700 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Joined the club this weekend with a HUO Pro. Has Into Darkness mirror/pinblades, shaker, alt translite and I believe an alternate audio package from the movie. Trying to resist additional mods, although I am thinking translucent Titans to replace the black rubber are a must.
I know the light show on the Premium/LE is superior, but I am really impressed with what they did on the pro. The call outs and sounds effects are also fantastic. Loving it so far.[quoted image]

Congrats and welcome to the club! If you can't resist at least one more mod, I highly recommend a color DMD. Truly enhances the game and gives it so much more depth (visually) IMO. Only problem - when animations come up I haven't seen before, I look up to watch and then lose the ball.

1 month later
#7781 4 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

Hi Gang, thanks in advance for the help. Just joined the club with a pro. Sometimes the ball gets stuck just to the right of the bottom pop bumper. Game seems level when I play. Is it a common problem?
Thanks, Brian

That happens to me occasionally too on my Vault Pro at home, and it's happened to me on a routed LE that I play occasionally at a local arcade. If I know the tilt is sensitive in the game and I don't nudge it free, I just wait a few seconds for the ball search function to kick in and pop it back into play.

3 weeks later
#7816 4 years ago

I'd say a color DMD is a must, but you're covered there already.

2 weeks later
#7866 4 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Anyone with a shaker in a Stern Star Trek Pro? Trying to figure out whether I should put one in my pro, or into my Metallica Pro, or is it not worth it for either?

I can't speak for Metallica (don't have one), but I put a shaker in my ST Pro Vault the week after I got the pin....well worth it and I'd rather not play without it now. Very immersive.

3 months later
#8158 4 years ago

I picked up a ST:TNG this weekend and I'm working thru some gremlins. Plays really well for the most part, just a few things here and there.

The right speaker was barely audible, very weak. I resoldered the BLK/YLW lead on the speaker lug that looked cold/cracked, no improvement. I then bypassed what I assume to be a filter cap in-line with the other lead, and the speaker now sounds great.

I don't see this cap on the schematic but it looks factory (this is my first time opening up a ST:TNG). Is this cap truly needed? I'll replace it if so....
IMG_7784.jpgIMG_7784.jpg

1 week later
#8182 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I'm in!
Beamed aboard a Star Trek Pro today.
Build date is May 2016. Does that make it an original build or vault?
Is there any difference?
I like it either way.

Welcome to the club! AFAIK, there is no difference between the original run and the Vault run. If you have a Vault Edition, there will be a "V" in the model number on the back of the backbox label.
IMG_5540a (resized).jpgIMG_5540a (resized).jpg

1 month later
#8295 3 years ago

Cool! Good thing you didn't get the red one.

1 month later
#8399 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Im loving watching Star Trek Continues on youtube. If you have not seen it it is a fan made continuation of the og series. You do have to aclimate to the actors but man!, this is too cool! I have not seen them all but so far ep 3 is my fav. For true trekkies only.

I'm a huge fan of Star Trek Continues....wait till you get to "The Fairest of them All" if you haven't already. My favorite ST:TOS is Mirror, Mirror and Fairest of Them All is a continuation of that episode.

Back when they were will making those, I was a regular contributor to their Kickstarters as they raised money to do their next episode(s). Got cool swag in return. Too bad they had to stop producing them....even tho they had the blessings of Paramount at first (first rule - NON PROFIT), they had to shut down due to the controversies and lawsuits brought forth by the (attempted) making of the feature film Axanar (https://axanar.com/). That looked really, really cool - watch the promo Prelude to Axanar if you haven't seen that yet.

2 weeks later
#8554 3 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Wish I had whatever that thing is called that you can put the playfield on and flip it over, but I can get by without it for a game as simple as this.

Rotisserie. Great investment, you'll wonder how you ever worked on a playfield without it. Check out the very affordable one a fellow pinsider is producing:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped

1 week later
#8593 3 years ago

Those overhead monitors for viewing gameplay on all of those pins are ultra-cool - a very nice touch for on-location playing. That must've been an expensive investment!

2 months later
#8788 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

P.S. I noticed that the animations for one of them is uncoloured in ColorDMD but not sure which as it just white so doesn’t look bad.

I've noticed several uncolored animations on my ColorDMD....around 4. I wrote them up and even got video of 2 of them and sent that to the ColorDMD folks last year. Crickets. I'm on the latest STPro and ColorDMD code. I'm just living with it now, no big deal. But it would be nice if they addressed it at some point.

#8791 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

What are the scenes? I colored a different game, maybe Randy will let me do the missing animations.

I need to dig through my notes, but here are a couple. Not animations per se, but white/monochrome displays. These should be colored, right? If they're not supposed to be colored, maybe that's why they didn't get back to me?

06 (resized).JPG06 (resized).JPG07 (resized).JPG07 (resized).JPG08 (resized).JPG08 (resized).JPG09 (resized).JPG09 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#8835 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Anyone ever gotten one of these from him? Just wondering how it looks.
ebay.com link

I've not seen his translites in person, but I've purchased some waterslides from him before and I wasn't very impressed with the color or print quality. I just threw them out and never used them.

#8858 3 years ago
Quoted from M1Cha3l:

Quick question I have a STTNG and I converted everything to LED and now some of the lights don't work correctly. I searched and realized I can't really do this on the machine and was wondering if installing an LED OCD Board and GI OCD board will correct the issue. if not what is the best solution to keep a full LED conversion and have lights work properly? Thanks!

Like MrMikeman said, it works great. I put in the LED OCB and GI OCD boards in mine as well - very happy with the results.

If you're not already aware, there's a specific STTNG group here on pinside (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club). There's a great wealth of information there (and support from fellow pinsiders) specific to STTNG. Very handy if you run into issues.

1 month later
#8984 3 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Just curious - does everyone having issues own one of the newer vault games? The optos look different on the vaults versus the original run.

Aside from a connector on the drop target assembly that likely came loose during shipping and fixed on Day 1, my HUO Vault Pro (build date June 2018, ~500 plays) hasn't had a single problem, knock on wood.

1 month later
#9108 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Mirror blades look great on my pro. Relatively cheap and easy to install, I highly recommend.
I also put shaker motors on all of my sterns. It adds a whole new element to the game and the resale value holds more than other mods.
Last, if you have the money, this is one of the best games to add a color DMD to. Probably my favorite mod and a must have IMO.[quoted image][quoted image]

I've done all three of those mods to my STPro and whole heartedly agree. The only other mod I've done is to add Cliffy's for ramp protection.

3 weeks later
#9244 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I'm thinking about purchasing a ST Pro here this weekend....I've played one before and really love it. But, I cant' find a matrix that lists the dif between a pro and premium. the Pinside ratings are quite a bit different for the two, but what is the real diff? I dont' want to start a row, just would like to understand what makes the Premimu so much better? (or is that the LE?) I don't know...

Here ya go....

Pro vs Prem vs LE (resized).jpgPro vs Prem vs LE (resized).jpg
#9269 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

The topper is strange and a bit creepy, some kind of Trekkie collector item.

That is indeed a cool Star Trek collector's item. It's a Talosian Maquette from the original TOS pilot "The Cage" (which never aired in the 60's and the footage of which was incorporated in the TOS episode "The Menagerie"). If that's an original, solid piece it could be worth some decent $$. Replicas are still a couple hundred dollars, originals close to 4 figures. Very nice!

#9271 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

It has a brass plaque that says TALOSIAN 457 of 7500. The head is made of some kind of high density foam. Not sure if it is original or a replica.

It's a replica, but still worth money. Congrats!

ebay.com link: Illusive Star Trek Talosian Keeper Life size Bust 1 1 Prop Replica Paramount

1 week later
#9305 3 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

Hello all. I just joined the Stern "Into Darkness Club" with a Pro Vault and want to put some art blades on this thing.
Not sure what to go with. I'd appreciate if I could see some photos of your machines showing the blades you have gone with.
If I can't decide, I'll end going with mirror blades by default.
Thanks!
Mark

Congrats and welcome to the club! I went with "space" blades - easy to install and I like them. My pictures below don't really do them justice...I had these on my hard drive already. I could retake them with the glass off to cut down on the reflection if you need it.

IMG_5691 (resized).JPGIMG_5691 (resized).JPGIMG_5692 (resized).JPGIMG_5692 (resized).JPGIMG_5693 (resized).JPGIMG_5693 (resized).JPG
#9324 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I didn’t want to admit it after all the hate, but I liked it too.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

I liked into darkness. I’m not overly critical of movies, it takes a lot for me to not like a movie

You guys aren't alone. I liked all three of the reboot ST films very much. I even liked Star Trek: The Motion Picture, mostly because I was a huge TOS fan as a kid in the 70's and saw ST:TMP when it was released at the theaters...I was 13. Just seeing the cast back together for a 2hr movie more than 10 years after the series was canceled was mind-blowing. Watching it now 40 years later...still like it but it's probably the 13yr old fan boy in me making it seem better than it might've been.

If you want to pick a really bad ST movie....my vote is Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. Love The Shat, but as a director....no. Not sure any director could've saved that script, tho.

#9330 3 years ago
Quoted from FugTM:

Nomad=V'ger.

The V'ger thing blew my 13yr old mind. My adult mind would've guessed it early on in the film, but as a kid that connection really brought it home for me. We were actually studying Voyager missions in my Jr. High science class at the time I saw ST:TMP in the theater so when that reveal came thru on the big screen, I could barely contain my astonishment.

4 weeks later
#9456 3 years ago
Quoted from smersh:

So i bought my Star Trek pro a few months ago. It worked fine until i installed new code. I started getting the frantic warp garbage and the machine going haywire. So i reinstalled the code with a new flash drive and the problem immediately went away and game played correctly ever since. Until Saturday night it started doing the frantic warp again. The pin hasn't been played very much over the last month. I did reinstall code of the same flash drive and the problem is still there. Any ideas before i start investigating?

I've seen dirty, bad, or loose wires on optos cause this. I'd hone in on that vs. anything being triggered by a SW update.

#9464 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippinski:

As of yesterday, I am officially a Star Trek TNG pinball machine owner. I'm so excited to get started. And now I'm very overwhelmed. This thing is trashed and I have no idea where to start. I have fading on the plastics, corrosion on every rail and servo, and a melted battery took out my PCB. At this point I have cleaned the outside and removed the main board. I would love some advice about where I should be starting in restoring this old girl. I'm not even going to power her up until I get her thoroughly cleaned and that board rebuilt/replaced. Any advice out there for me? This is my first pinball restoration.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

First - welcome to the club! Second...man, you picked a hellava pin to be your first restoration. Be sure you fav this forum - read it front to back before you dive in to your pin: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club. There are lots of friendly STTNG folks there who will be happy to help you thru your adventure. No question is too stupid, but please do read thru that thread to see if what you're asking has already been covered.

My advice, in general, would be to pull all the boards out of the backbox and send them to a pro to be refurbished. While the boards are out for repair (which could take weeks or longer), start tearing down your playfield and make sure you're not missing parts. Disassemble the mechs to de-rust and clean/polish. If any are too far gone, look for replacements.

There's lots more to do after that, but that's where I'd start.

2 weeks later
#9525 3 years ago
Quoted from joshvandam:

Anyone else ever made it?

I'm still trying. 2.5 years into ownership and I've reached Enterprise Amok several times but have yet to complete it.

4 weeks later
#9601 2 years ago
Quoted from collieguy653221:

Hi, I'm new to Pinside. Decided it was time to get my games out again and get them working. I have a Bally Star Trek. The game has been in storeage for 20 plus years. Plugging it in, I get lights, activating a new game I get two clicks, flippers work once or twice and that's it. I'm a em guy and do not know that much about solid state games. I have no idea on what to check first and how much things cost to fix. My game was well played when I got it showing wear down to the wood in the center of the playfield.
Any suggestions on what I need to do next to get the game going would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve
[quoted image]

Welcome to Pinside! You've got a great classic game, and pretty desirable. Here's where I'd start:

#1 - figure out how far the MPU gets into booting. Follow the instructions on this page, Section 5.5.4.1:
https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#MPU_boot_issues

#2 - Depending on what you find above, there are a number of ways it can go. My general recommendation would be to confirm power is good to all PCBs. Disconnect all cables except for the power supply rectifier board and confirm the test points on the rectifier PCB match what's expected when the machine is turned on:
https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#Attract_Mode_Test_Points

#3 - If the rectifier test points are all good, plug in the Solenoid Driver Board (SDB) and check those test points. Then do the MPU. Looks like the MPU has the original battery (convert that to NVRAM or remote battery pack as soon as you can) but at least from the picture you provided it doesn't look like there's any acid damage there.

My guess is that you're going to find some test points on either the rectifier board or SDB that are incorrect. If/when that happens, next step will be re-pinning the connectors for that board...they get corroded, bent, or loose after 40 years. If that doesn't bring it back, then it's time to figure out what board to actually repair (plenty of folks here on Pinside will do board level repair if you don't do that kind of stuff yourself).

BTW - as you get deeper into troubleshooting your Bally Star Trek pin, you'll likely get more technical help/response from the SS Bally guys who hang out here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-as-2518-club

Cheers,
Kris

4 weeks later
#9657 2 years ago

Known as "bricking". Less common on new games, but fairly common on older games. You can sometimes make adjustments for it....I've found that if the target spring tension is too strong on my EBD or MH, I get bricking more often. Looser springs have a tendency for more consistent drops, at least in a couple of my machines.

#9690 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Beatles was way more fun when I got to play it then I thought it was going to be from looking at it. I was like... Emmm... This is a modern pin? Hahaha

I'm a huge Beatles fan, and a total pinhead, but I'd rather play a Stern Seawitch with the Beatles 1962-1966 Red Album playing in the background.

1 week later
#9714 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Vaults have a "final voyage" badge.

Not all of them, apparently. My Vault Pro didn't come with the badge, but it has a "V" on the serial number label. I got mine when the Vaults just starting shipping....maybe the Final Voyage badge was for the last batch when the Vault run was ending?

IMG_5540a (resized).jpgIMG_5540a (resized).jpg
1 year later
#10311 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Scoring strategies? is there a guide? thank you in advance

Not exactly a strategy guide, but a detailed write-up of the rule sheet which could help you form your own strategies. I found it helpful.

http://tiltforums.com/t/star-trek-wiki/456

2 months later
#10428 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hey all, need some help. I bought an sttng. It has leds in the gi (but not the inserts.. why?!). Anyway, a few of the gi lamps are flickering. And the flickering moves!! I’ve swapped bulbs around, etc. finally after reading about the dimming on sttng causing flickering, I just went ahead and put a gi ocd board in it.
Still flickering!! I didn’t think that would be possible. Other than switching all the led out for incandescent, any thoughts?

You need these add-ons (for both GI and for Inserts) for STTNG to work properly with LEDs:

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/led-ocd-boards

#10430 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’m not sure I made that clear, but I did put a GI-OCD in and still flickering. Would putting a led ocd in make the gi stop flickering?

Ya, it wasn't clear at all that you had the GI-OCD board in your STTNG which is why I pointed you to that. If you've got it in, something certainly doesn't sound right. Any LED should work with that board in that machine (regular or non-Ghosting LEDs). I've got it in my STTNG, along with the version of the board for control (insert) LEDs, and I've got no flickering whatsoever.

Is the flickering worse with the GI-OCD board out? Maybe something wrong with that board or it's not installed correctly? Be sure to thoroughly read the STTNG Club topic....tons of great info in there for new STTNG owners and lots of posts regarding the OCD boards for GI and Control. And you'll get specific STTNG support there as well. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club

8 months later
#10597 7 months ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

I'm looking for custom apron cards for my sttng? What are the best ones?

"best" is always subjective. But you could start here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/13#post-5291094

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 63.95
$ 9.95
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
10,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marion, NC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, SC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 199.95
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mathazar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=mathazar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.