Topic Stats

• 7,765 posts
  • 636 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by javagrind888
  • Topic is favorited by 281 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,329 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ED17AC94-E6EA-45CD-A201-2174C995B547 (resized).jpeg
008B20A7-6FC2-4C75-B5EB-A4BBEDEF1B5B (resized).jpeg
A555F66F-8C0E-4462-BA73-7EA0AB7D30CA (resized).jpeg
Star Trek.jpg
Star Trek 3.jpg
Star Trek 2.jpg
ST (resized).jpg
SternSTOutholeMylar (resized).png
P_20190720_203216 (resized).jpg
BackboxAmpSchematicMonoOutputSeriesTarget (resized).jpg
D3B4298F-6B73-4E93-A4A4-7C053D2D5902 (resized).jpeg
64926AAA-D9CA-4294-A474-EEFBE8C41943 (resized).jpeg
C4E7B56C-949D-4A42-AD5E-FFD03B2B6205 (resized).jpeg
PolarityCheck (resized).jpg
52516693-2F96-489C-99E9-CAAD8A0D80F7.gif
Screenshot_20190620-162458_Chrome.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jasontaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

4 weeks later
#2705 4 years ago

Anyone here buy the Stern plastics replacement kit 803-5000-E6
I'm looking for 1 piece if you would be willing to sell it.
I called a couple vendors about thIs kit and it is about $200.
Maybe if there are enough people here that need a piece, we can all join in and purchase one?

2 months later
#3167 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Me too - mine arrived yesterday!

Just wondering, what is the manufacture date on yours?

7 months later
#4485 3 years ago

Anyone install one of these playfield protectors on their pro?
Does it require taking off all the stuff from the playfield like bumpers etc or do they slip over?
Would you recommend this one or can someone link a better one?
Will this prevent dimpling?

ebay.com link » Playfield Protector For Stern Star Trek Pro Pinball Machine

#4490 3 years ago

Ok, guess you guys have made it clear not to get the playfield protector, so how do you feel about this Cliffy set for the pro?

ST-STPro-SET1.jpg

#4500 3 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

This is what I installed as well, lot of wear on those spots.
Also the ramp protectors are a good idea, I lost a chunk of ramp at the entrance before I installed them.

Can you give me a link?

1 week later
2 weeks later
#4616 3 years ago
Quoted from rippleman:

New here. Just picked up a NIB Star Trek Pro for my wife's 50th. It's our first machine. Love it so far, have done a lot of mods already

That's a GREAT title to have as your first machine.
Still in demand too considering Stern are still making them.
I love my Pro model too. I am a bit of a purest, so I will keep mine pretty stock. Maybe some side blades.

4 months later
#5100 3 years ago

I confess I didn't read through all 102 pages, but I was wondering if anyone is selling a color / LCD DMD for the Pro model?

#5121 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

can anyone please point me in the direction of the updated sound files with the movie soundtrack in it? Much appreciated!

You may want to contact nosro. He is the person who wrote up those great directions for swapping out music with the soundtrack.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-all-music-replaced-with-music-from-movie-video

I'm not sure what happened to his dropbox folder, but I do see they are gone.
I followed his directions some time ago and installed the 2 soundtracks on my Pro. I love it!

3 years later
#7578 3 months ago

Help me out guys. I know I will get more bias answers asking this in a Star Trek thread, but I want honest opinions.
I have money on a preorder of Willy Wonka SE (all I can afford).
I have had ST Pro in the past and love love loved it. (sold it to pay bills etc). I want another one (Hopefully Final Voyage edition before they dry up!).
So I was watching some videos of WW and I am starting to change my mind. I'm not crazy about the main call out voice and I think Pat missed some key WW things that should have been included.
Whats holding me from canceling is I keep telling myself, the WW has nice large modern display. 2 LCDs as a matter of fact. The build quality of Jacks machines are so good. ST still has a DMD and feels dated, but the game play is fantastic. I dont even want an LE or Prem. I love the Pro. (I probably would buy a color dmd if I go with ST).
Kind of feels like either buying a new 2019 car or a replica of a 2013 car built in 2019. The pressure is on because the Final Voyage machines are limited as to how many are left and JJ said Wonka should ship in the summer.
So what do you guys think?

1 week later
#7624 3 months ago
Quoted from Azfalconfixer:

Joined the club today. New Final Voyage ST Pro Vault
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I finally bought a ST Pro Final Voyage machine. I am very happy with it.
My machine shows it was built June 2018. Have Stern just been sitting on old stock for a year and decided to pull the plug and stick a badge on them?
Don't get me wrong, love this machine, just thought the build date would have been newer. What was your final voyage build date?

#7626 3 months ago
Quoted from rai:

that's odd, but I guess the badge thing you said. I got a premium built November 18 don't have badge on it.

I don't think they have stopped making premiums . I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure the badge was for the pro models only.

#7629 3 months ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

I joined the club this week as well. Congrats to you! My Pro Final Voyage was inspected in Feb 2019 and has a manufactured date of March 2019. The sticker of the manufactured date seems a little different, the year is '19' vs. 2019. How does yours look, same as this or different...? It has the Final Voyage plaque. I will post pictures of the inspection, mfg date and the machine later this week. Third day of ownership--best score is 155,000,000. We love the pin. Cheers!

Here is my sticker. I just find it odd that its a year old with a Final Voyage badge on it.

20190619_204151.jpg
#7632 3 months ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Don't all vault machines have the plaque?

I forget what year ST Pro went into vault status, but no, the Final Voyage edition was announced a few months ago. So in my case since my machine was FV, it must have been old stock sitting in their warehouse that they unboxed, badged, then boxed again.

#7635 3 months ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

Here is a picture of my date/manufactured sticker and vault plaque. The date/manufactured sticker seems different vs. your sticker? Could anyone else who owns a Pro, or a Final Voyage Pro, please supply me with your thoughts on the sticker difference? Seems strange that Stern would change date format styles?[quoted image][quoted image]

That pretty interesting. While I am sure Stern probably have more than 1 "dating" label machine, yours has a comma and no "20" Weird.

#7645 88 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Yes. It’s way better (in my opinion). It gives the game the epic soundtrack it needs.

I second what DaveH said. Its even better with a bass speaker and soundtrack. Just got my Final Voyage machine so I'm going to need to redo the whole thing since the last version I did was a couple of revisions back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jasontaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside