PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5102 7 years ago

joining the club tonight after work... this last hour of work is agonizing!

#5104 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Congrats! Time to leave early.
What model?

Getting a Star Trek Pro, I cant leave early im the only one here and have clients here ha. I'll post pics on setup

#5108 7 years ago

On my way home!

20160510_194425_(resized).jpg20160510_194425_(resized).jpg

#5120 7 years ago

can anyone please point me in the direction of the updated sound files with the movie soundtrack in it? Much appreciated!

2 weeks later
#5167 7 years ago

I'm getting a lot of balls rejecting back into the trough from the shooter lane on my st pro.

Any common causes / solutions?

#5174 7 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

Just installed the LE Enterprise on my PRO. Fits right in and plugs fine into the 12v outlet near the coin door. Also installed the two LE asteroids and love the new look.

how much does the LE enterprise cost? Looks sweet, good to know it works easily enough on the pro

#5195 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Unfortunately; it sounds like you shorted the ?MOSFET? driving transistor on the CPU board. I'm not near my manual at the moment; so can't offer more help than that.
--------------
As many may know; I'm working on several new designs for the Stern Star Trek machines. More information here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-star-trek-products
I need to maximize the number of boards ordered... so; if you are interested in any of these designs - please load your demand via the red link “Out of Stock, Get notified when re-stocked“ at the top of each product page. Doing so will get you a one-time, time limited 10% off coupon code for the product when it goes in stock. If I can get 50 people interested in each design; the assembly costs become cheaper... making the product cheaper for everyone. Here's each product page for your reference:
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-stern-star-trek-star-trek-nebula-p-15.html
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-stern-star-trek-uss-kelvin-stadiumleds-p-8.html
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-stern-star-trek-star-trek-gi-dimmer-p-41.html

lets get 50 on the nebula mod! its gonna be sweeeeet

#5210 7 years ago

So a few times I've been awarded a "bones combo" on my ST pro. Any idea how this is earned?

#5216 7 years ago

Is there a guide anywhere that shows what shot gets doubled for each mission when you beat all 3 levels on stern Star Trek?

#5230 7 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

There are some that are the United Federation of Planets, Klingon insignia, Enterprise, and probably a couple more I'm forgetting. I'll have to look. There's also a bumper sticker that says "Have you played Star Trek pinball today?"

ive seen that bumper sticker, i want one!

#5234 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Anyone know which toy enterprise is used on the prem/le over the shooter lane? I was wanted to put one on my pro.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-9830-00

1 week later
#5280 7 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

Mine does the same... both flippers buzz, just more noticeable on the right due to there being 2 flippers.

is this an EOS gap issue?

#5298 7 years ago

Installed speaker lights from http://www.speakerlightkits.com/ last night on my Star Trek Pro.

really digging it, cant decide if I like white or blue better. I can post pics later, think its a great mod for the price.

#5325 7 years ago

the one on the left

#5333 7 years ago

can I use this metal apron on Star Trek Pro? I hate the cheap feel of the stock apron, and will eventually powder coat my legs and rails, could get this painted the same color if it fits the machine.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1969

#5347 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

can I use this metal apron on Star Trek Pro? I hate the cheap feel of the stock apron, and will eventually powder coat my legs and rails, could get this painted the same color if it fits the machine.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1969

Anyone know?

#5354 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes it fits,I have a chrome LE style with flashers under the windows. You do have to use the 2 slide on clips on the front cuz the apron has the 2 slots in front to secure the front. You have to position the 2 clips and screw them into the pf, slide the apron on and secure the back with 2 screws to the 2 pf hangers. Very easy and should take you about an hour or less.

Awesome Thanks!

3 weeks later
#5412 7 years ago
Quoted from Ravennapin:

I would like to add an external sub to mine. Is that something special someone sells for pins or is it just a standard thing. How does it hook into the game?

subs are super easy to install. You just wire it up to the speaker in the bottom of the cab. I just unscrew one side of the panel from inside the cab then run the speaker wires up thru the gap then rescrew down the panel. I typical solder alligator clips to the end of the speaker wire then clip them onto the speaker. Just plug the other end of the wires into the sub and your good to go.

this sub seems to be used by a lot of people and goes on sale frequently:
https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-Inch-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=sr_1_1

#5441 7 years ago

just ordered the nebula mod that Zitt created

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-stern-star-trek-star-trek-nebula-p-15.html

cant wait to install

3 weeks later
#5482 7 years ago

could never go back to no shake

4 weeks later
#5549 7 years ago

regarding stern star trek pro

So I've noticed that on the right ramp and right orbit shots the lights under the "combo" insert (the arrow under the insignia insert) are a lot dimmer than the rest of those inserts on my game. I had the playfield up today to do a flipper rebuild and was gonna swap some extra leds into those inserts and noticed that they are circuit board leds... are these replaceable or what is the best way to change these so they match the brightness of the rest of my game? or am i just cursed with dimmer inserts

#5554 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The solution is to loosen the screws and reposition the LEDs so that they are directly under the hole/plastic. By default they are off-center.

cool thanks!

2 weeks later
#5594 7 years ago

I think the risk / reward of vengeance modes is very awesome

so many times ive been on ball 3 and could either go to my last mission 1 to start Kobyashi Maru or try and get that EB from Vengeance 2 and trying to make those decisions is a thrill when it pays off and when I blow it and drain on Vengeance 2, better luck next time.

1 month later
#5641 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

The licence has expired! No more Stern Star Treks!
So did ST out sell AC/DC? I read that some where.
Any way.... warp factor 9.

Really? Does Stern post this info or does one learn from a distributor?

As far as out selling AC/DC, I see Star Treks everywhere and only a few AC/DC's on route but its all speculation on sales data

#5646 7 years ago

never had an issue with GAT starting a new mission. Maybe your switch just needs cleaned/adjusted to be more sensitive

2 months later
#5689 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

So I just had an awesome game on STLE. I believe I had earned a silver medal in 5 missions.
Last mission was space jump. After making 1 shot away team was lit. I hit away team and the vengeance ship was available. I hit it and it awards me a silver medal and kills the mode. With 40+ seconds left.
Kobayashi maru is lit.
I'm on warp 9 so I hit 9.1 to activate double scoring and then hit vengeance again.
It counts 5 bronze medals, a full set of 6 silvers and 2 golds.
Why didn't I have a set of bronze? Did away team someone make me skip over them?
Is there really no rulesheet for stern star trek?

not sure, never seen that glitch if it is a glitch. did you play any level 2 or 3 missions? Cause you can get a full set of bronze then a second set will start counting up before it counts silvers.

1 month later
#5754 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveF-Detroit:

Couple times this week my Stern Pro has lost flipper power during a ball and drained. Everything else seems normal, no message on the DMD, ball just drains and game moves to the next ball. Anyone else seeing anything like this?

Probably a trough opto issue. Reseat the connectors on the optics board and hopefully that will fix it

#5757 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveF-Detroit:

Opto connector was loose. Thanks for the help!

glad it was something easy!

3 weeks later
#5820 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

1-2 years ago Randy told me ST is very hard to colorize (some animations)
but when i see what they have done with other animations like SM or Thron i dont believe this.
may be other titles are cheaper to coloriz (safecracker)
but i think there are more ST buyers then a old title.

apparently there are some anomalies in some of the animations that make it really difficult to color

1 month later
#5868 7 years ago
Quoted from CryHavoc:

Star Trek Pro question. Is there anything I can do to make the left scoop kickout to the flipper instead of hitting the top of the sling almost every time?

First, is your game level? what is the power setting on that coil? I'm pretty sure you can adjust its power to shoot out harder or softer.

#5875 7 years ago

I just had a perfect Nero 3 but got a silver medal... hit all my shots on left ramp with both arrows lit in succession and only got a silver. Not the first time that's happened. Is it a bug?

#5878 7 years ago

I'm having a weird issue on stern star trek pro where the flipper buttons will sometimes register the bottom center opto target. This makes the drop go up and down in game and give you free shots to the vengeance in vegence modes... no idea what could cause this. I swapped out the opto board and doesn't fix it.

1 week later
#5882 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Mine had the same problem. I needed to replace the opto itself, not the board. I ended up replacing all of them under the ship, because I didn't want to do it again. The opts on the right are easy to get to, but the ones on the left are difficult. I started a forum recently that went over some of the problems I had. It was called Star Trek Pro drop target other fixes. Hope this helps.

Yeah, replacing the optos fixed it. Pain in the ass, so like you, I replaced all 4 of those since you have to take so much crap off to get to them.

#5889 6 years ago

I keep mine steeper than the factory recommended bubble. About 1/4 of the bubble above the center.

4 weeks later
#5926 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I've arrived. Bought a Stern Premium a cpl wks ago from a deal from a friend I simply couldn't pass up. This has always been a fringe game for me as I already had Black Spider Man and it's my 2nd fav game. Always enjoyed Stern Star Trek but never pulled the trigger until now! I'll be modifying it with the essentials and not going overboard like I used to. I'm looking forward to the voyage. I hope it will make me appreciate the theme more because I'm coming into it with zero interest in the theme. I really enjoyed GOT but it never helped me enjoy the theme at all. I have a feeling this will be a forever keeper for me once I learn the rules and as long as it feels different enough to my precious spidey. Cheers.

Congrats! the layout and shots are very similar to spidey but the structure of the code is completely different.

1 month later
#5964 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

If anyone has Aurich's translite and/or decal package available, please let me know. Thanks!

Quoted from mavantix:

I've been looking since I passed on a set not knowing when I bought my ST Pro. Would love to find a set too!

you and everyone else who doesnt have it. good luck ive searched for over a year

#5971 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man I still can't get it to work. Every time I shoot the Vegence, it just does vengeance multi ball, can someone guide me? I can't figure out how to do klingon multiball
Thanks

The three stand-ups on the left light your locks. The first set lights two locks, the center shot and the left saucer. Then hit the 3 targets again to light your third lock. Lock 3 starts Klingon multiball

2 months later
#6064 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Anyone wanna share what strategies you guys are using to score a lot of points? I've dabbled with nero 3 stack, and then doing the bottom three modes after that to double up on my point opportunities on the left loop. Anyone else??

What I've been doing for big scores is (default settings for extra balls, biggest gap outlanes, tight tilt, inclined a bit more than standard) - (playing like this has made me a much better player)

Klingon 1,2,3. Klingon 2 you can get the ball on the left flipper and wait for the double colored shot to be the left ramp and you can rep it for an easy, super fast gold medal. Klingon 3 I will try and play a multiball with. This makes the left ramp doubled.

Then I'll Nero Stack 1,2,3. Nero 2 try and get the third shot bonus jackpot on the doubled left ramp! Big points!!

At this point, Ill Destroy the Drill and Save the Enterprise. If you can GAT (galactic away team under upper flipper) on these modes the left orbit is always lit and you have it doubled. If you cant GAT on DtD, the left ramp and left orbit is almost always lit so you can rip those shots at double value.

If you can make your way to kobayashi maru from here you are set. tons of medals and if you can warp ramp 9.1 into it, yay all the points!

edit: even if you don't make it thru all of this you end up with big points. if you think you can get 2-3 modes done per ball, this is a good route to take. and if you can get your warp extra ball, even better. I don't always get the extra ball from vengeance 2, but its icing if you can. All the level 1 missions you can take your sweet time and time out the shots if you want to make sure you get to KM. Space Jump you can make a shot then GAT then make the center shot and the mode is done.

#6068 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

False.
Going 3 deep permanently lights the combo light for a shot. It does not double the shot.
A true double would be much more valuable.

isn't the combo doubling the shot value, hence its doubled? i dunno, i've never tested the value. I feel like everything I've read and from talking to people its always refereed to as the doubler when you stack 3 deep. either way i score big points with that strat.

#6070 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Say the left ramp is worth 1mil.
The combo in ST is 2x. So the left ramp combo'd is 2mil.
If after you completed KB1-3, and the left ramp was really doubled, that combo would be worth 4mil.
It's not. You get 2mil.
This is a common misconception but it's important to realize that it's not the case.
It makes sense to go 3 deep, because it could still be valuable. Especially if you play a very slow controlled game. But where you get most of the benefit is from having completed more modes and hopefully collected more medals before you get to the wizard modes. Basically every medal you leave on the table before you get to KM are wasted points.

But if you combo the level 3 perma lit shot it's worth more aswell tho, correct?

#6073 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Nope.
Still worth normal combo'd shot. That's the burn.

hmm, yeah, they flash like a combo, assumed it comboed it. That's lame.

well, I put up 352 mil on my lunch break with a variation of the strat I posted, doesn't even get on my board ha. got the warp eb but not the vengeance 2 eb.

2 weeks later
#6119 6 years ago

Y'all need to check your trough opto boards and make sure the plugs are in all the way

#6144 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

wil it work with the custom sound code ?

was just gonna ask this!

Zitt your product page says for premium / le, do the pros need this as well? This would be my first color dmd

3 months later
#6476 6 years ago

Blue Titans as well. Seem to hold up well except the sling shot rubbers. Rotated them a few times before they broke. I'm trying the perfect play sling shot rubbers now but everything else is blue Titans

1 week later
#6490 6 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Anybody that has troubleshooted a switch or opto causing the game to select mission/auto plunge on it's own have a 10 second delay before happens? It happens like clockwork and waits 10 seconds every time but does not happen at start of game or when I end mission by draining. I have tried reseating connectors, putting in switch test and pounding on playfield with no phantom switch hits, not the vengance target because it does not score when it happens, timed plunger is off and flipper launch is off.

you mentioned reseating connectors, not sure which ones you did, did you re-seat the trough opto connectors? sometimes those come lose and can cause random issues like auto plunge

#6492 6 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yes have tried that also. I could swear it is a code/bug issue the way it behaves with the 10 second delay and not happening on start or mission drain. Read countless threads that code causing it is highly unlikely so must be a switch/opto that's not showing up in switch test.

i had to replace my optos on the vengeance cause it was doing weird things in gameplay and triggering when the flippers flipped sometimes... but couldnt re-create it in test mode. had to tear almost the whole topside off to get to em. super lame design. might just be 1 bad opto causing it

edit: I think I may have bought a few extra optos when I did my vengeance, I can check later today when im off work

1 month later
#6620 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Is pulling Vengeance fairly easy?

nope lol

#6622 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

ha....this I figured....

take lots of pictures and put items in zip lock bags with labels on them.

#6628 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

So, the two bulbs in the spotlights on top of my slings keep popping out. I finally changed them out for different bulbs after one got stuck in the trough and another smashed to hell in the slings. Not sure these new bulbs are going to last. Anyone have a trick to make sure they stay in there.

yeah used a glue gun to lock em in. real pain when they get stuck in the trough

2 weeks later
#6635 5 years ago

Who needs another topper idea? usually 250, about $80 with prime.

https://www.amazon.com/Mega-Bloks-Enterprise-Collector-Construction/dp/B01ARGB91K

712DBC5eO3L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg712DBC5eO3L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

1 week later
#6652 5 years ago

They add time too, so if your near KM and you are on ball 3 , might want to avoid it so you can get out of your mode and start the mini wizard mode.

I love Nero stacking so the left orbit is multipled, then play STE and DTD as when you galatic away team the left orbit is perpetually light so you can rip it over and over for big points and that added time means you get to crush it even longer

1 week later
#6684 5 years ago

Stern just announced a VE of Star Trek pro and prem unchanged. Hope that means a code update might still be in the works!

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10156524711514244

#6691 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I've done a fair amount of searching and can't find anything specific about the level 1 mode shots. They are all pretty much "chase the flashing lights", but is there a description of the different coded patterns to the modes? I also know that they are all on timers, so shoot as many as you can in "X" seconds. But there has to be some coded structure to each of them.
Even after 3 years, the TiltForums' rulesheet says "shoot x, y, z shots for ? points"....
I've been trying to figure out patterns during play, but I don't see consistency. For example, I started to think that STE was a right, left, right structure, but sometimes it starts with right shots lit, and sometimes it starts with the left shots lit. Active shots will switch sides, but how and why? Not after one shot. Is it two? Or is it after a certain sequence? PD seems to be all shots are lit and go out as you shoot them, and they all re-light when you only have a couple left...what is the exact number?!? Does order matter? In KB, inactive shots seem to activate while I'm clunking the AT shot. The left ramp isn't on, then it is...I can't figure it out!! I'm a rules guy, so I find this very grating.
Sorry for the frustrated rambling, but does anyone know what the actual level 1 mode coding says about how the shots activate and deactivate?

hmm, they all seem fairly structured to me. im not in front of my game and i usually GAT so it changes things up as well but from memory i think:

Prime Directive: All main shots are lit for mode shots. Once you've cleared all but two they will all re-light

Nero : Similar to PD but they will re-light off a timer if you dont clear them all in a set time. Have to clear them all to get it to re-light prior to whatever amount of time its on to re-light them all. probably some sort of points are lost i have no idea.

DTD and StE : I always GAT these after making one shot so not too confident on order

Space Jump: I usually make 3 shots then GAT to center for a quick silver medal so not sure on order but more shots start to light after some time has passed i think

Klingon: Not sure GAT this and combo ramps back and forth

hopefully some others can chime in for ya but i think if you just play the modes a few times you can kinda see the order in which they work

1 week later
#6779 5 years ago

woohoo!

#6816 5 years ago

bummed the code didnt fix the black hole award stuff oh well

#6831 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What bug was this?

just stupid stuff like "pops score 2,000" or whatever but it doesnt actually change the pops scoring, nothing game breaking but kind of annoying and you would think it could be fixed easy to add in when they did these other fixes.

#6834 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have you given it a physical check to see if it’s been fixed? I have noticed changes on other games that where not listed in the update list readme.

I have not updated my code, I have the movie edit right now that I prefer over these changes at this time.

3 weeks later
#6915 5 years ago

if your coil stop is starting to break it moves around and will magnetize the shaft and keep it up. if you flip the other flipper does this one go down? id take apart and see how your coil stop is doing.

#6917 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

It will drop down if you flip the left flipper yes. But I also noticed that just tapping the pf will get it to drop too!

sounds magnetized, replace the coil stops and you should be good to go. might be surprised how broken those can get

1 week later
#6967 5 years ago

Has anyone ever glass off tested which shot in Nero 1 is the doubled shot for the last shot of the mode ?

#6974 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

So is there a doubled shot for the last shot of every mode?

Correct , so it counts as 2 towards your next medal so if you just collected a silver , hit one shot then it times out to last shot , hit the mutli colored shot and it will count as 2 and get you to a gold. (Level one modes)

Thanks for the clarification on the Nero 1, that was always my guess but never verified

#6982 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

When updating code from one version to another (like 1.61 to 1.62), are High Score and custom settings retained after the update or does everything revert to default settings? Thanx in advance....

everything gets wiped

1 week later
#6991 5 years ago

maybe check your rubber that is on the post as it leaves. install a bigger/smaller one or a post sleeve to change the angle ? mine never sdtm when its level fwiw

#6994 5 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Maybe my level is off or I need to get a more precise one, but after lowering the right legs a bit all is well.

Make sure you level with the glass off and on multiple spots on the playfield for maximum accuracy

1 month later
#7061 5 years ago

Finally got to Enterprise Amok last night! Told myself at work "today was the day!"

I have mine setup pretty tough with largest outlane gaps and no rubbers with a tight tilt

entered with 375 mil, was so excited didnt do much and drained right after it finished with 407, didnt even get on my board lol

Some cool call outs and video! Hopefully I can make it there more often, been a few shots away a dozen or so times and always crapped out.

20180912_180025 (resized).jpg20180912_180025 (resized).jpg

1 year later
#7968 4 years ago

so my vengeance kickback plunger broke lol. I am trying to find the part from the manual to no avail.

manual part number says: Vengeance Kickback 500-6697-03-ND

anyone have any idea what part will work for it?
I think I would just need the plastic plunger barrel or whatever as it snapped off rather than the whole assembly.

I think i may just need this piece: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15370
if someone could confirm thatd be awesome

Thanks in advance for any help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=infinitelives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.