PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawknole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6374 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

I picked up a huo pro a couple days ago. What has everyone done about the ball getting stuck on the screw behind the popper? I saw a old thread on this. Any new ideas?

Mine gets held up there too every now and then. I have not gotten around to disassembling the ramps but I would think something like adding a post or just making the rubber a little uneven would do the trick.

#6376 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Pretty Sure screw/hangup issue is covered adnasium in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-summary-of-fixes

Sweet thanks, favorited

1 month later
#6411 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

I backed out the screw a couple turns and haven't had any hang ups since 30 plays.

This has helped on mine, thanks.

3 weeks later
#6488 6 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Titan clear translucent look awesome on ST

+1 with light blue flipper rubbers

3 weeks later
#6554 6 years ago

I am looking for the decals for the cabinet head for my ST Pro. I just need the Kirk side (left) but if someone has both in an alternate or something. Let me know what is out there. Thanks.

1 month later
#6631 6 years ago

STERN STAR TREK PRO ColorDMD LCD INSTALL WITH SPEAKER PANEL LIGHTS

Tonight I finished up my ColorDMD LCD panel install on my ST Pro. First off, Doug and the ColorDMD folks provide a top notch product and even greater service. The Stern metal speaker panels pose some challenges for the LCD install because the larger LCD panel has very little to mount on as well as the gap between the shield and how the larger panel must mount. Also, speaker panel lights cause an extra challenge due to light bleed. Wooden panels, like I have on my LOTR are much simpler even though I used a little extra strips of weather stripping on my LOTR. Not as easy for the ST...that required some thought. I did search but only found minimal info, possibly my search skills leave something to be desired. However, figuring out how to do a mod properly is part of the fun of this hobby for me.

I bought a pack of weatherstripping for about $3, pic below. Then with my ColorDMD order I took the default shield and stand off kit that was included. Prior to my order, I did also email ColorDMD to double check I was buying all I needed and Doug responded quickly. I took the original DMD out and the red shield off. Then I put the clear shield on. Then I used 2 washers for each corner screw and then mounted the double female posts all around. The washers help give some threads for the other screw post to screw into.

I then cut weather stripping for the sides next to the lighted speakers first, then I put another piece to act as a side border inside the shield, then repeated on the other side. Then I put a piece lengthwise on the bottom part of the inside of the speaker panel. Then I cut a notch in the middle of the next piece of weatherstrip for the spare screw and that made a nice bottom border. The top part of the panel above the shield was a little more of a challenge, I ran a piece lengthwise and adhered that to the back side of the panel, this gave me a mounting spot for the next piece of weatherstrip on the top, I cut the same kind of notch for the spare screw on the top as well. Another pic below.

Now I was ready to mount the DMD panel but the post screws were a little too long to get the panel snug and I was out of washers. So I used the original DMD bolts to act as a spacer/big washer, which provided the correct spacing to secure the panel tight. Close up pic and backside of mounted panel pic below. As a note, I grounded the panel with the ground from the speaker. I added the green frog tape to the top side of the weatherstrip to cover the adhesive and help avoid me sticking my finger in the adhesive when I go to remove the panel in the future. Then I did the USB update reinstalled the panel and happy to see no light bleed, looks great. I posted this in hopes that this might help someone in the future. I am sure there are other methods available that may yield better results, however, I am pleased with how it worked out.

Foam (resized).jpgFoam (resized).jpg
Speaker Panel1 (resized).jpgSpeaker Panel1 (resized).jpg
bolt (resized).jpgbolt (resized).jpg
back (resized).jpgback (resized).jpg
color (resized).jpgcolor (resized).jpg

#6633 6 years ago

Thanks gun. As an update, this AM the top weatherstrip fell down on the one side. So I put another piece of weatherstrip above it facing the rear of the speaker panel on top of the other piece. I was concerned prior about this and overall thickness. The two facing the rear are just a little thicker and no big deal. Here is an updated pic. I do not expect the weatherstrip to fall back down, if so I will need some tape on top for additional support. Then I added another piece above that on the top because I had leftover weatherstrip. This used up almost the whole roll of weatherstrip.

back2 (resized).jpgback2 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#6681 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Going to order a ColorDMD for my ST Premium. I haven't seen a HIRES video for ST, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of that look. Does anyone have their display set to HIRES? Or if you have an LCD, can you switch it over for a quick game? Short video or stills?
The $38 difference seems negligible if already spending $385. So, is LCD, with its available options, the logical choice given you can still set it to dots? Or does LCD Dot XL not compare to the LED display?

Sorry, no videos and my machine is not currently at my disposal. I have installed the LCD on my ST Pro and like it for the ST because of the futuristic look. I do have a ColorDMD LED on my LOTR and like that as well. The LED is bright and a perfect fit. Videos would help, however, I would encourage you to go out in the wild and find both flavors.

2 weeks later
#6865 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Stern Star Trek Pro.
So Titan then.
Thanks.

I put Titans on my ST and then went back to super bands. After trying both, I prefer the super bands. Especially the orange post rubbers.

#6868 5 years ago

What was the difference?

My personal opinion is the Titans were softer and more prone to wear. I have both Titans and Super Bands on my machines, both are good, I just prefer the Super Bands more. Also, I really like the super band crystal clear rubbers on clear posts, got a bunch on my LOTR. Titan makes a translucent clear but not a crystal clear.

#6873 5 years ago

What about Perfectplay Silicone rubber? Pinball Life sells these as well as Superbands.

I have a few perfect play rubbers and since they are silicone definitely more like Titans. Super bands are polyurethane & more expensive and I like them better. Try some of each on your slings and/or flippers and see how you like the play.

#6887 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

The LED in the right slingshot spotlight has started popping out in the middle of games. I pull the glass and reinsert it, but it will eventually come out again. I don't want to put any type of glue on it...anybody else see this? What did you do about it?

Or pull the contacts back and wrap some teflon tape.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawknole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.