PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goonie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago

Can I be a red shirt? Number 5 reporting...

do-you-want-them-to-die.jpgdo-you-want-them-to-die.jpg

All three Trek pins here, with one more on the way...

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

That's Amazing! Would love to hear your thoughts on Star Trek: Data East, 1991. How it is to work on, finding parts and so on. The closest I am to that machine is my LED backlight Playfield Wall Art. As well played it at CAX and loved it.

Actually, I really love this game. Star Trek got me into this hobby, so part of it is the fan in me, but as Southbound notes here, I think the shots, music, and call outs really draw you in. It's an easy game with a shallow (almost non-existent) rule set, but it's fast paced and an overall good time. I also agree that this game just begs for LED's. I've converted just about all the lamps here, except for the GI. Sadly, the game is down temporarilly for me as I await the touch-up and clear coating of my Playfield. Gonna look sweet when done though!

As for parts, it's really not too bad. Just about everything can be found and the game is very easy to work on. CPR has repo'd the plastics, so those are around. As noted above, the subway is generally the issue here, and they are impossible to find. The main ramp assembly appears well made, and I generally don't hear about those being cracked. The rope chaser lights around the main ramp were issues from day one on this game, and are difficult to find working, but they're not too hard to fix on your own. I repo'd several sets of these in LED a few years ago. They are a pain the a$$ to make, but it can be done. Other than that, the DMD is what you want to watch out for. These 128 x 16 displays are long discontinued, and can only be found in the LED version - but at least a solution is out there.

If your're a Trek fan, I would encourage a buy on this one. Great game.

#145 10 years ago

Just dug out my Franklin Mint Pewter Enterprise and Klingon Battle Cruiser that I purchased back in 1989. Needed a topper for my Bally Star Trek and these are just perfect!

Nice look. I had something similar on mine until I came up with this...

IMG_00000164.jpgIMG_00000164.jpg

I figured it was a nice simple topper. Didn't want anything too busy for this game.

#151 10 years ago
Quoted from Jags:

Goonie, Yes it was your thread on your topper that got me wanting a topper for my Bally "Star Trek". I referenced your thread in another thread I started here:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-star-trek-topper#post-1001096

Yeah, I had the phone on top of mine for a while, but it just didn't look right. Those pewter models fit perfectly though.

#246 10 years ago
Quoted from Jags:

There you go! It's a ground loop like I said. Easy fix to get rid of that annoying buzz!

Yeah, in my experience it's a ground loop too. The post above detailing a need to secure all ground connections is probably the best course, as completely isolating the sound board from the brackets would leave it with no path to ground, right? Probably not a good thing?

That is amazing! Thanks for sharing

Agreed. Nice contribution there. You're place in Trek history!

#250 10 years ago
Quoted from Jags:

That's not correct. The sound board is still grounded through the wiring, other wise it would not work. The ground created through the mounting screws becomes a second ground path thus creating the loop and the buzz

Ah, glad I asked. Didn't know that was secondary. Thanks for the info.

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from Jags:

However most of the solder joints I've done on these sockets would never pass NASA specs!

Ha! mine either, that's for sure. But, it's good enough for star ships that never leave dry dock!

Hey, on the resistor mod for LEDs on the Bally Star Trek...I've done that on mine to a few select insert lamps, but was afraid to do them all. Is there any concern as to the effect it has on the boards if I go through and do them all? I've always meant to ask, as I'd like to do the rest of mine.

2 weeks later
#361 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Just painted some legs to match my custom pingulp ,from Pinball Life.

Oh cap, really man!?! You did make another set of those, right? Sweet. Nice job!

#364 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

One set as of now. Do you want a set ?

Oh absolutely. Would love a set.

I have sling plastics for you too. I keep forgetting.

Thanks!

#382 10 years ago

You know, I must admit, as much as I liked the two JJ-Treks, I'd be happy to see him and the writers bow out at this point. There movies were great, action packed sci-fi films, but in my mind, weren't really true Star Trek. They just used Star Trek characters. I appreciate the reboot and attempt to bring in new blood, both of which I think were clearly needed, but now that we're there, let's go back to what Trek really is and get some good writing with some meaningful stories.

You know who nailed it in my eyes...the Star Trek Continues folks. Talk about a return to what Trek really is story wise and philosophy wise, wow! If you guys haven't watched this yet, pull it up. The cast takes some getting used to, but they're not professional actors I don't think, just fans who produced a top-quality episode. And the coolest part, Chris Doohan plays Scotty. Nails it! They've done one episode so far and a couple of vignettes.

www.startrekcontinues.com/episodes

1 year later
#1647 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

. Man am I a StarTrek geek and love it.

Oh, come on now, you know a little part of you is itching to pick up the Bally ST.

#1649 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Of course, already looking into to it.

Well done! I have extra plastics if you find one with cracked pieces, let me know and I'll check which ones I have - though I may actually have a complete set.

2 weeks later
#1759 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Anyone have advice on getting the chase lights working on ST 25th Ann. ?

What's wrong with them? Lights don't work, or is the driver board out? I know the stock rope lights were poorly built and often resulted in shorting out the driver board. There was a service bulletin issued on it back in the day. The rope lights really need to be rebuilt if you haven't already.

3 months later
#2312 9 years ago

Has anyone switched them out for 44 sockets yet? I was thinking about it.

4 weeks later
#2552 9 years ago

Good morning fellow Trekies. Is anyone interested in buying these off of me? I have two I don't need and figured I may as well see if anyone else would want them. I have only 2 to sell. These were a limited sample run and cannot be reproduced. At least not from the original source. They are pop bumper caps measuring 12" in diameter. Great for wall decoration. Sorry for the sideways picture.

Figure $35 shipped, or $65 if you want them both.

Let me know. Thanks!

20150207_065310.jpg20150207_065310.jpg

Post edited by Goonie: Added pop bumper description.

#2554 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

...what are they? i thought it was a pop bumper cap but then you said it was 12 inches in diameter. is it a dinner plate?

Ha, sorry. LOL! It is a pop bumper cap, just 12" in diameter. Now you know why I have extra. I thought they were standard size when I bought them. Ooops! I have one on the wall as a decoration, which I turned into a clock.

#2556 9 years ago

I may be interested if they can be illuminated from the back.... Where did you find them? As well can we see what the other one looks like?

Hey. Unfortunately, they can't be backlit. Pretty solid plastic. Regardless, someone did beat you to the punch and took the deal. So, I think they're sold.

#2562 9 years ago

Eh, it was the wrong Enterprise anyway Captain.

#2564 9 years ago

"You staged all this, just to get your hands on my ship?"

"Who are you?"

"James T. Kirk, captain of the Enterprise."

2 years later
#6118 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

One is that once in awhile I start a game and it chooses a mission for me and feeds a ball into the shooter lane.

Quoted from heni1977:

I have had the same issues with the game choosing mission then firing ball into pf. This is just after I push the start button and is random at times.

I had this too early on with my LE. I was told by Stern (back in 2014) that it is an issue with some of the trough boards. They sent me a kit to fix the problem. I think it was just an adapter or something that I plugged into the trough boards and then the original harness connector right into the adapter. Easy install, and I haven't had the problem since.

I'd give them a call and tell them what's happening and see if they'll ship you one out.

1 year later
#7101 5 years ago

Interesting. Looks like it's related to sales territories. Never knew this. I presume they all have them then?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blacklight-playfield-serial-numbers-why

2 years later
#9576 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

We revisit that every time my son comes over to play.
...and there is no debate, it's Kai.

Oh, no question it's Kai. I think the bigger debate is why they felt the need to remake probably the best Star Trek movie in history, and not just think of a new idea.

2 years later
#10656 5 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Does anyone know how/where I can find out what the part # is for these rubber-ring posts with top-mount holes for the plastics' screws? I cannot find it in the manual that came with my Premium (2018 Vault build). I have one post in the pop bumper area that I accidentally sheared off a screw in and need to replace. They're all over the playfield but I cannot figure out a part number.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is it this?

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-hex-bumper-post-530-5679-00.html

#10668 5 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

You were absolutely 100% correct. Thank you so much!

Sure thing. Glad it worked out. Happy Thanksgiving!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 63.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goonie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=goonie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.