Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider garymartin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 10 years ago

Heh, Bally and Williams so far, waiting on Stern to be released!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

How do you like the Color DMD, I am waiting for them to be in stock. But I am not sure if $400+ is worth it. Do you feel its worth the Dilithium Crystals you forked out for it?

The ColorDMD for STTNG is outstanding! It's well worth it IMHO. Bear in mind a new plasma DMD is north of $150, so you can consider that buying a ColorDMD is about $250 because you're getting a spare plasma DMD back out of the deal!

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I imagine this data is by far more amazing than data's emotion chip "in some sense". What you are saying is we don't have to wait Months, Months and more Months for our TNG 'COLOR DMD' to come back in stock. We can buy whatever is out now? I am sure by tomorrow others will have questions. To see ST:TNG in full Color DMD. As well to be able to fork out $400 USD in a DMD that can be interchangeable via the listed supported machines such as " STTNG, WW,AF,SS, MM and AFM.. via. Colordmd.???
That said, Thank you for your info I shall sleep now....

Yep, a few months ago ColorDMD came out with their "Sigma" ROM based displays. Before that, you had to buy the display to match the game. After that, you can put the display in *any* BW title and run it as a single color display with options to smooth the graphics or upscale them.

Then you can easily download the color code for a color supported game, put it on a USB memory stick and upgrade the ColorDMD in-place (don't even have to take it out of the game).

Very slick upgrade and even the older ones can be upgraded to the Sigma ROM system. (contact ColorDMD to get the rom upgrade)

I love his products. We currently have one in STTNG, MM and AFM. They add a lot to the game for those watching and even distract the player tremendously as you keep wanting to watch the glorious color going on up there.

Price wise, just consider that when you install one, you're freeing up a $150 plasma DMD that you can either sell or use in another pin that needs a better display. I keep telling myself that to justify the cost of them.

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Why wouldn't there be

I call an Internet Post Foul here....

You linked a THUMBNAIL of that photo?!?!?!? Jeez man, where's the large format high rez version?!?!

#232 10 years ago

I think he's talking about the mode start scoop, the weldment that drops the ball into the subway?

#244 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yes, THAT IS EXACTLY IT. THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT........THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
So can someone give me a link to one for sale somewhere?

Sure thing, here ya go:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16626

1 week later
#286 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Ok I ordered a bunch of leds for my STTNG from coin taker and they came yesterday. I put super bright cool white colour in the mission inserts, all six or seven of them and wow too bright! I can't see the ball. Anyone know what leds would best suite STTNG? Maybe warm white instead?

Try some of Cointaker's "Minis" Those work great under clear inserts close to the player. Use the Superbrights under dark/colored inserts farther up the playfield.

2 weeks later
#397 10 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Who has upgraded their speakers in STTNG and what are your honest opinions about it?
I would love to upgrade the sound. Curious about options.
Thanks in advance...

I put Pinball Pro's regular system, not the high power into my STTNG. Anti-rattle tape is a must IMHO.

I love the sound of it, with a fairly hefty amount of bass too. The intro waiting for player to plunge the first ball shows how much better it sounds.

1 week later
#410 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

So the extended outlane for STTNG, yea or nay? Should I get the plastic or metal version?

Absofrickenlutely get the extended ones and go for the metal. That one mod, so minor, makes a HUGE difference in the play of the game. It turns that right outlane from a 70% drain into something more like every other pin out there. Such a small change, such a huge difference!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 10.00
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
Hardware
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 199.95
$ 45.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider garymartin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=garymartin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.