PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fugtm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9048 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hopefully soon, the tracking is a mess on things right now though, I don't see them updated yet. Post office was a zoo when I dropped everything off yesterday, not really counting on 2 day priority to count this time around. Just that time of year, plus the pandemic isn't helping.
Edit: Tracking should be working now, looks like most people should get their package by the weekend. I definitely picked the worst possible week to try and ship things I think!

Hi Aurich, I am waiting on mine too. Tracking shows it was supposed to be here Friday and it's running late, not a big deal, it will get here I am sure but an FYI for you is that this is very typical of the post office right now and not just because of Christmas. Since about June or July they have gone to shit. I had two priority mail packages coming from Illinois to Ohio back in August. The 1st package took 6 weeks! The second package did a bit better @ 3 weeks. Ever since that happened I stopped using the post office for packages and I won't use them again until they get their crap together. Don't be surprised if you get a lot of late deliverys from them.

#9049 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm packing up this little run of alt packages this weekend. Still have a few extras left, if anyone wants in shoot me a PM. I don't do these often, not saying this is the last time, but always a chance it might be.
[quoted image]

Hey again, quick question, I have your package coming but I totally forgot the speaker grill was coming too. My question is this. I have the vault edition. It has a nifty little metal tag on the speaker panel showing it's a vault edition. Have you seen anyone remove the tag and reapply it to your speaker panel?
DSC_0064 (resized).JPGDSC_0064 (resized).JPG

#9052 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've already heard from two people that got theirs, so they're showing up. I use USPS for just about everything, and I'm totally happy with their service. Even during the pandemic. But there are definitely more delays right now, I don't count on my 2 day priority actually coming through like usual. But your experience sounds terrible, sorry to hear that. I haven't had any issues like that, and hopefully I don't.

I have not seen anyone do that, no. But, I'm sure it's just stuck on with some adhesive. Heat it up a little maybe and gently pull it free. One trick I'd probably try is to work some dental floss behind it to free it, that way you don't risk putting too much torque on the end pulling at it and possibly bend it. If it doesn't have enough stick when you're done maybe put some double sided tape on it.

Well here's hoping the PO can get back to normal. Thank you for the tip on the vault plate, I will give that a try.

#9073 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have three left if anyone wants a set.
Thanks though, it was a fun project. I get why Stern doesn't want people advertising trademark violations like that. I only do them in quiet runs when people ask me for them, why they're harder to come by these days. But was still totally worth doing.

I'm still hearing from people who are getting them, USPS is working, but it's definitely not as fast I'm used to.

I sent you a pm. I'm 11 days into waiting on USPS. I'm in Ohio, if the package is coming from west of Illinois, I can expect anything from 5 to 30 days late!
To be clear, This is totally not your fault, but as you can see from the post above by ECW0930, I am not alone with this problem. Regular letters seem to be ok but packages are a total crapshoot for me these last 5 months.

#9075 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I really wonder what's up with certain regions, and if it's pandemic related.
I've been shipping translites via USPS for something like 8 years now, never had issues before now. Regardless, I answered your PM, and anyone who has problems is covered. I'll print more if I have to, whatever, so don't stress.

Thank you for that.

I believe it's a three-fold problem.

1) "Postmaster Louis Dejoy" has been all over the news this year for gutting the post office machines, stripping overtime and stopping repeat deliveries on the same day. I don't know if that's all 100% accurate however as I said, I started noticing a decline right around the time this was in the news..July/August.

2) The pandemic effects PO employees just like any other place. For most big businesses, If someone even coughs at work these days it usually means a covid test and 10 to 14 days off mandatory. So they must be dealing with under-staffing on a daily basis.

3) It's the busiest time of the year for the PO.

I've stopped using them for packages whenever possible and I hate to do that because using ups or fedex is more of a hassle but at least they arrive on time.

1 week later
#9091 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Mail is super crazy now. I think everyone finally got my boxes, but someone in Europe got theirs before someone in Ohio, so yeah ...

Ohhh...I know the Ohio someone!
Seriously though I love it, it was totally worth the wait.
Thank you again!

#9115 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I definitely want a shaker and cointaker has them at $45 right now!
My pro has a color dmd too and I have to say it's by far the best thing on it! It's so we'll find that I forget it's a mod and stock is that ugly all red thing. Puke.

Just checking the cointaker site, shows shaker still at $109. Where do you see it for $45? Is it a discount code or something?

#9120 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

If people were paying 100 for it, do you have to ask?

I couldn't help but notice these are not "Stern approved" and they mention a warranty could be voided if non stern equipment is installed.
The Stern shaker is $109. The coin taker versions are $45 although one of them is sold out.

Pros? Cons? Who has a cointaker version? Who decided not to get one and why?

1 month later
#9319 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I’m not sure at that point. Perhaps try a different route for the wires. Make sure the optos are actually working and registering consistently.

If all else fails there is an option in settings to disable the magnet. When you do this the game will still lock a ball up there for you by trapping it behind drop target, when I got my machine this is the setting it used. I didn't actually realize at the time that I had a magnet back there! I think if you do this and you still have issues with the drop target not activating when you try to lock it then you must have a problem with your optos.

#9329 3 years ago

You are right it is a great story and I am one of those kids that was there when it premiered in 1979. I saw Disney's Black Hole on the same day! (talk about awful) Up until then Star Trek consisted of 10 years of TOS reruns, I don't recall ever seeing TAS reruns. So this movie was a very big deal.

As for the story. For me it seems to really just be a retelling/re-imagining of a previous TOS episode "The Changeling" except with a big budget. Nomad=V'ger.

#9333 3 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

And the Enterprise Refit in STTMP is the best looking Enterprise IMO.

100% correct! My favorite all time Enterprise. I actually felt worse about seeing it burn up over the Genesis planet then I did when Spock died.
I knew they would bring back Spock..they ended Wrath of Kahn by ejecting his body onto a planet that was growing life from nothing. Duh.
But I had no idea how they would replace the Enterprise. Who would have ever thought that all it would take was an "-A" to make it all better again.
At the end of Search for Spock no one thought that, they had never done the A,B,C thing until then so it was a very nice surprise to see it at the end of "The Voyage Home"...OH CRAP!..SPOILER ALERT!

#9347 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Amongst casual audiences it was well received, a lot of my friends are not Star Trek fans but enjoy and like the new films, it was the Trekkies and the Trek fanbase that hated it and pretty much the kelvin timeline in general, with the first movie getting a pass from some.
I’m not a hardcore trek fan or Trekkie, I enjoy the old shows and I enjoy the new movies a lot. The pin however could be based solely on the second movie and it would still be an amazing pin, the game is on the same level as shadow, not the best theme for some but the layout, shots and code make the pin a top 10 Stern.

I am one of those hard core Trekkies you speak of. I grew up watching TOS with my Dad when it originally aired on NBC in the 60's. I was all of 5 years old.
Throughout the 70's I lived on reruns, when I could find them, we only had 4 channels at no VCRs or internet at that time so it was sparse. In 1979 when TMP came out it was the beginning of something great and that lasted all the way up to the present.... but the Kelvin timeline, that's something else altogether. I also gave the 2009 movie a pass, in fact I liked it. It makes total sense that a new timeline could be created and so it was ok to overlook all the differences. However, Beyond and Into Darkness are little more than, popcorn pushing, senseless action, rehashing-old-in-a-very-unclever-way, action fodder, there is absolutely no substance. The BEST thing those 2 movies ever did was to inspire this Pinball machine. The new movies might draw in new fans but those fans have no idea what Trek means to so many of us 'Boomers"

#9372 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Keep in mind this looks way more clown puked than it is.

I have to ask you about the way you have the Hallmark Enterprise hooked up with that hex post. How did you affix it to the bottom of the ship. Would you please tell me exactly what hex post that is? Part number maybe?

STProEnterprisepost (resized).jpgSTProEnterprisepost (resized).jpg
1 month later
#9529 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Picking up an Le soon. Loved the pro we owned so excited for the LE. What are the major differences? Any major ones between the prem/LE besides cosmetic and the side rail lights?

Toys on the playfield and I think the Vengence also moves from side to side, not just front to back and lasers!

7 months later
#9938 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Just joined the club with a ST PRO. Great condition from a fantastic seller!
Question...
Is it possible to add the USS Enterprise from Marco onto a Pro?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-9830-00
Thanks! Looking forward to contributing here!

I also used the Hallmark ornament, it's the perfect size and it's more detailed than the Stern LE ship.
Here are two very good threads about it here on pinside...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-mod-anyone-doing-an-enterprise-model

and

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-uss-kelvin-diy-mod

Using the info above I did this mod myself, here is mine, I painted the post "hammer-black". In these pics it makes it look like the post is chipped but it's not, in real life it glitters and sparkles like stars as the light hits it.

One correction to my friend above.... I could not personally find this ship for less than $25 on eBay. Maybe he found one for $7 but I don't think that's a typical price.

IMG_0305 (resized).JPGIMG_0305 (resized).JPG
#9942 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Is this the one? Seems right. 2009 version. I've been hard pressed to find one under $50!
ebay.com link: itm

That's the one and make sure you review those links and understand you will have to work with some small wires and solder. 99% of the risk is on the ornament though. I actually melted the saucer section on my 1st attempt. I use a butane soldering iron and I failed to account for the heat coming out of the side....the little flames should have been my first clue but I digress! I did it correctly on my second attempt. Even at $41 bux a piece it's STILL less than 1/2 price of the one you can get at Marco. There is some good info on the mod here in this thread also someplace back about a zillion pages...search for that..hallmark is a good keyword to search for I think. The other small challenge in this is that you have to run power supply wires up to the bottom side of your playfield. You have a free 5v plug sitting there right now coming out of your power supply on the bottom of your cabinet. I bought a splitter with 2 plugs so I would still have another a 5v plug down there if needed and I used the 2nd plug to run a wire to the back of the machine and then from the back of the playfield, with enough slack to open and close the playfield and carefully following other wires and securing with zip ties until I had the extension plug right under the area I needed it to be. It's not real hard but it's not child's play. On a difficulty scale of 1 to 10 for pinball mods I would put it at a 3 or a 5 if you've never soldered before in your life.

1 month later
#9978 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Out of curiosity, what's the aurich mod ?

Yeah it's not a mod so much as it is an art makeover. The main component is the new translight. It's superior to the one that comes on the PRO. It was the 1st thing I got when I got my machine. It also comes with new speaker panel sticker, several stickers for the playfield and cabinet and alternate instruction cards. You can use as much of it or as little as you like. Search the forums for Aurich to see it.

1 month later
#10059 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm joining the club with a pro later this week and curious if anyone has the aurich art package uninstalled that they'd sell to me?
Thanks!

It was about 2 years ago when I asked the same question. Someone advised me to pm him here on this forum, I did. He replied and told me he was doing a new run I got one of them. For all I know he may have a few more....it's worth a pm to him to find out.

6 months later
#10294 1 year ago

I would try swapping that flasher with an identical flasher in the game. If it acts the same way in it's new spot then replace it.
However if it acts good in the new spot and If the new bulb back at the old problem spot is now acting up then you can at least determine if you have a bulb problem or not.

#10299 1 year ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Good suggestion, but unfortunately that wasn't the issue.
The socket wiring looks solid too. Nothing abnormal there. I have a tough time trying to trace the wiring anywhere as it easily gets lost in the loom. Why this one flasher is somehow turning on when the 50v/20v power is restored is lost on me. Yet it will still receive the flash pulse too. I don't know if this problem extends all the way back to one of the mainboards in the backbox and something is going on there.
If it means anything, I have one of those custom LED backbox boards from the Refinery that was especially made for Aurich's translite. I believe it gets powered from one of the mainboards, and I noticed that some of the LEDs on that board display the same thing(long time to dissipate when turning off the machine) as the flasher.

I also have the Aurich package and while I do not have the custom backbox boards you have, I know exactly what you mean, I have debated getting them myself. I can tell you that some LEDS fade slowly when powered off and I am not just talking about pinball machines, I have some shop lights that do that and they've done it since they were new but they work fine so I didn't care. As for the pulse coming in, that's the real mystery here. I guess if it was bothering me enough, I would next try removing that custom backbox board set and going back to stock to see if the problem persists..... if it is all better then you have your answer, if there is no change then at least you have eliminated that from your list of possible suspects. Having said that, the problem would have to really annoy me to make me take such action. I am a firm believer in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it school". I've seen people screw up a game really bad trying to fix the simplest annoyance...I think I've done it more than once myself. Be careful!

3 months later
#10402 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Have you tried contacting him?

Won't do any good, he was given a cease and desist by Stern I was told.
If you've got an Aurich setup now, you have something special.

7 months later
#10579 10 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

So going through and cleaning out the new Star Trek Pro I just got I noticed these 2 connectors in the cabinet that were not plugged into anything. I don’t see anywhere they could go was just wondering if they are meant to be open like this.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Added yesterday: Looks like the single wire connector was for the shaker motor. Still not sure about the multi wire connector

I wouldn't sweat it too much. It could be something connecting to some other mod that the previous owner had or it could be that Stern uses the same harness for all 3 models and that specific plug is unused on a pro.

3 months later
#10630 6 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

How do these attach to the machine?

He has a nice video at his link above explaining it but basically the combination of a perfect fit and the button itself is what holds this in place.

2 weeks later
#10645 5 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Having an issue where in the middle of a ball, flippers just die, and ball rolls to drain and ends.
The "End ball" thing comes on screen once the flippers die.
Seems to be happening at least onelce every game or two.
Any ideas?

Sounds to me like the switch under the apron that detects when the ball drains is acting prematurely. It could be a bad switch but it could also be a badly adjusted switch, as in the little arm could be bent out of whack or it could even be a bad wire to that switch. Whatever the reason my guess is that it has something to to with that switch.

2 months later
#10735 86 days ago
Quoted from dbzap19:

Can a short in the LED circuits be re-soldered, if found? Or do the light strips have to be replaced? It is just strange that both sides would go out at the same time.

I'm thinking the two are linked somehow and if one is not present then the other one simply won't work.

First things first, you need to find out if the bad one is actually bad or if it's something traceable back to the driver board.

I think I would attempt to hook them up backwards.... left side on the right, right side on the left and see if the problem follows you.

If the one that causes your machine not to boot up is on the left side then after you switch it the problem STAYS on the left side, I think you can assume the lights are good. If on the other hand the problem has moved with you to the right side, you can safely suspect the left side light strip.

Then I would try to replace it. I don't think repairing one will be an easy task.

1 week later
#10746 73 days ago
Quoted from seiman:

Just got my very first LE, yes it's a star trek. Love the game, but I have a question to all LE owners, is there any way to stop the attract mode while not in gameplay? I mean it looks fantastic, no doubt, but it starts every 15 seconds, its too much....Thanks for any reply!

Should be in the settings menu. You should have a few opens when you find it like On, partial or Off.

2 months later
#10790 11 days ago
Quoted from scootss:

I'm interested in adding a Star Trek Premium to my collection. I'm having a hard time getting definitive answers about what is different between the original run premium vs vault premium vs final voyage premium.
Can someone please enlighten me?
thanks!

I think the biggest difference is time. That vault is at least 6 or 7 years newer than the original.
It will contain the newer code and most, if not all, of the original bugs will have been worked out already.

Other than that they are virtually identical.

#10792 11 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

...any game can be updated in 5min.

I am aware. I'm just answering the man's question the best I can.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 85.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fugtm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=fugtm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.