PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider erak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1606 9 years ago

Making these asteroid mods for the pro if anyone wants some. I eill be making 20-30 sets this weekend. I will give paypal info and shipping quotes when finished.

Can sell for $30+ shipping. They snap over the existing lamp. Just take off the glass, put it on. Reinstall glass, done!

CAM00040.jpgCAM00040.jpg
CAM00041.jpgCAM00041.jpg

4 months later
#2404 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So I have a "Hallmark" Enterprise on the way...thinking about wiring it up with a few lights.
Anyone here successfully pull that off?

Hi, yes. If you look under the playfield there is a plug not used just under the weapons targets.

If you solider wires to the battery contacts you can splice in the hallmark ship to that plug.
It will flash in attract mode.

I also added the hotwheels klingon ship. Its tied into the flasher with the kick out hole. It has leds under the wings.

CAM00574-1.jpgCAM00574-1.jpg CAM00664-1.jpgCAM00664-1.jpg
1 month later
#2649 9 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Hmm, will give that a look. How important is that?

Pretty important if you dont want to maybe replace flipper coils. Or worse, transistors on the circuit board eventually.

The game will work without it. But I would get it fixed A.S.A.P.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-eos-question#post-187726

2 months later
#3117 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

whats going on....i installed the 1.6 code. when I start a game it instantly kicks a ball into shooter lane and has a mission started, it doesnt let me pick a mission like before, sometimes it even fires ball right away without me hitting fire button. Game worked perfectly with 1.5 code. the ship drop target also seems to fire coil more violently and more than once.

Also reseat all your opto board plugs. The two plugs for each side of the trough opto boards.
And the smaller opto boards up by under the vengence. (Clear wires with small white plugs)

It seems that the optos are more sensitive with the new code.

I had the same issue at first, with 1.61. Thought it was a code bug. I guess it sort of is. Considering the game works perfectly on 1.5 before updating. Then right away with 1.61 its going crazy if you had any minor loose plugs.
Which on ST is almost always the trough boards. If you have a shaker its more frequent tohave to reseat them too.

#3137 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

My right warp flipper is starting to get stuck open.Probably from the away shoot abuse.How do I fix this?.

Change the coil stop. It will be fixed right away.

5 months later
#4062 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Investingdad, the shield targets activate the virtual ball save on the left outline so that if you drain there, you get a rescue and the ball kicks out again. There are settings to control how many times you have to hit the shield targets to get the rescue.

Unless you are running old code. Then the shield targets do nothing.

3 weeks later
#4222 8 years ago

Which is it on ST? I have been trying to present the "lit" lane and have not noticed any change to scoring ...

On ST lighting the lanes increases the bonus multiplier. 2X, 3x etc. So you want to light all 3.
By hitting the unlit lanes.

There was a skill shot for those lanes with the early code. But it really didnt require skill.
So it was removed.

Now the skill shots are hold the left flipper, plunge the ball and hit the vengence for a super skill shot.

Also hold the right flipper, plunge hard anf hit the warp ramp. For a super skill shot.

And /or soft plunge to upper flipper and hit the warp ramp.

1 month later
#4394 8 years ago

I hope there will be a xmas update to finish ST and get rid of the remaining bugs.

#4422 8 years ago

It does not seem like in all the all threads listing bugs. That it would be extremely hard or huge issues to fix. Surprised it has been 9 months since the last update.

Im hoping they get fixed because I have had some great start games that basically ended or I had to end because of bugs.

Others like the missing sounds I could live with. But I would hope everything that needs fixing gets it eventually.

#4461 8 years ago
Quoted from BazaarMunchkin:

Silly question; yet worse if I didn't ask:
I am using Windex or diluted white vinegar to clean the glass on my STprem. So far I have only done this while the glass is off as I am concerned about damaging the red armor with the cleaner.
Am I being too careful? If not, what should I be using for quick cleans while the glass is still on the machine?

Its a good idea to take the glass off to clean with windex.
On my xmen magneto I used windex to clean with the glass on and looked at the paper towel afterwords and there was red/pink from the powder coat on it. Needless to say not impressed with that.

It didn't look as if if affected the powder coat. But I never did it again to see if kept coming off.

Glass off from then on.

1 week later
#4556 8 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Anyone else have an issue with being able to increase the volume of the speech/callouts on their Stern ST?
Whenever I increase the #51 Speech Adjustment it actually DECREASED the call outs. So ... I reduced it to ZERO, then finally down to NEGATIVE 20 and in each case it got louder and louder. Finally, I can hear the game speech clearly. Why is this seemingly coded in reverse?
PhotoGrid_1451099807029_(resized).jpg

Yup the less the volume the louder it gets.
Not sure why its coded this way, but it is.
All the volumes on ST are reverse like this.

1 month later
#4860 8 years ago
Quoted from Zaquar:

Can anyone tell me what the purpose of the triangle shaped line of yellow lights down the center of stern Star Trek le are for? It seems like they are supposed to track progression through various modes, but I don't seem to notice them doing anything meaningful....Thx!

No offence if you are serious.
Just seems like an odd question for someone who owns the machine. But I guess everyone who plays isn't into reading the rule sheets.

It fires torpeodos at the vengeance. To light them you complete the weapons targets on the right side of the playfield.

When any yellow triangles are lit, hitting the lockdown bar button will give extra shots/hits to the vengeance.
Rather than you having to hit the center drop target or vengeance kickback with the ball.

2 weeks later
#4978 8 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

I'm new to the ST club... just took delivery of a pristine ST premium. Very excited. Sorry if this has already been posted (but there are 100 pages on this thread... it will take me some time to get through them all). Three isses:
1)Sound: Can't seem to get the sound right (callouts seem muted and poor quality). Any recs on sound settings? (I do have a polk sub already hooked up)
2) Warp ramp. Prior owner had the thing jacked up past 7 deg. Warp ramp is really tough on the secondary shots (ball bounces and virtually impossible to hit the repeat shots). What's the preferred playfield angle or other tweaks for the warp ramp. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I dive into the game a bit more.
3) At times, Vengeance drop target seems to fail to register a lot with direct shots. Is it programming (not registering hits at times) or do I need to adjust the target? My suspicion is that the target needs to be adjusted.

20160306_131813_(resized).jpg

On ST the lower the volume settings the louder the volume. So it's opposite to what makes sense. That might be why you are having issues. Put it in - numbers and it will be louder.

#4985 8 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

Sometimes i Get Scrambled Graphics Can You Help Me Guys?

20160309_160339[1]_(resized).jpg20160309_155825[1]_(resized).jpg

Try checking / reseating the ribbon cables going to the DMD. And check your ROM chips to make sure they are not loose by pushing on them in the sockets.

2 years later
#6584 6 years ago

I have a brand new never installed complete STTNG ramps, habitrails and ramp decals set. $400 CDN. $300 U.S. Can bring to Allentown.
Pm me if interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 64.99
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider erak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.