PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drummermike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7055 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I have heard people say that the flipper fidelity speakers don't make much difference? What do you think?

I put them in my LOTR and it made a huge difference. I can hear more of the dialog than before and the quality is better.

#7056 5 years ago

I think the ST speakers are newer design and are OK to my ears.

3 months later
#7121 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Beam me up to the club!
Snagged this bad boy last night and boy is this a fun game! She's filthy, but she's all there and she plays well. After I strip her down, clean her, replace the balls, replace the rubbers, and replace #61 plastic under the vengeance, what else do I need to do?
I really like toys. I'm thinking about dropping in an enterprise and a Klingon bird of Prey if I can bring everything else up to 100%. Also debating getting an alternate translate. I'm looking into possibly getting a color DMD... Especially if they are transferrable between machines (still looking into this.
All in all this machine is a blast and it may be just that it's the newest machine in my 2 pin house, but I'm digging this one more than the AFMr SE sitting next to it.
I started a separate thread, but if anyone knows where to get a replacement decal for the left side of the back box or just a single replacement plastic (#61 under the backbox), please let me know.
Also, ordering rubbers today. If anyone recommends anything other than black please let me know.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Black rubbers are good. I put blue Super Bands on the flippers.

#7122 5 years ago

My flippers are chrome though.

3 weeks later
2 weeks later
#7199 5 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

My wife doesn't play very much either but she actually wanted to play the first game. Hopefully with this pin I can get her to play a little more often.

My wife picked ST also over other pins.

1 month later
#7325 5 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Looks good! I like Mezel Mods STAR TREK PINBALL VENGEANCE EXPLOSION.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you give details on the green ship? I can't find any info on what it is. Thanks.

3 months later
#7580 4 years ago

Get the ST. Such a great game! I did not care for Wonka.

5 months later
#7860 4 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Checking in as well. Got a NIB show special. After hearing all the fuss about clear issues this one seems to have none of it. Then again build date was Feb 2019 so maybe it had time to harden....
First pin too. Super excited.
[quoted image]

Great first pin. Multiball is intense!

#7870 4 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Anyone with a shaker in a Stern Star Trek Pro? Trying to figure out whether I should put one in my pro, or into my Metallica Pro, or is it not worth it for either?

I have shakers in lots of my pins and ST pro is one of them. It is great in ST! Well worth it.

3 weeks later
#7916 4 years ago
Quoted from arthurrag:

Hi,
New member, New owner. I just received me STTNG game, its awesome. Hopefully the people here will help me along.[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome. Great first pin. Super!

2 weeks later
#7971 4 years ago

This is stock like the manual shows but I like your solution better.
20191224_123718 (resized).jpg20191224_123718 (resized).jpg

#7975 4 years ago

The manual picture looks strange going around the 3 posts. I checked my manual when I replaced the rubbers because I thought it was incorrect. Individual rings looks better but maybe the ball will roll past them differently. Whatever works is good!

I may change to 3 rings when my OCD kicks in.

#7977 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I'm not fan going around 3 posts like the manual shows. I'm always afraid I'm going to snap the cheap plastic piece pulling the rubber taunt when I change it. Plus it can just be a PIA sometimes.

I agree. But the slings are 3 posts with one ring.

#7979 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I've been replacing the worn out rubbers in a Pro model with Titans. Seems to be a discrepancy in the owner's manual vs. what was in the pin. I don't think either are correct. So I installed what I think was intended. According to the manual, I need a single 3/4" rubber - I tried that but it doesn't let the ball roll thru.
Anybody got a pic of what's really installed in the pin?
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

I just put in 3 new rings to replace the single. Quite a lot of stuff to remove for the center post. OCD.

I put 2 in the other side by the right pop where the manual shows 1 when I replaced the worn black rubbers years ago.

The 1.25 rubber by the Beta ramp is 1.5". No way to stretch the 1.25 on those posts!

#7986 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Boy, the OCD did kick in! LOL. That is a LOT of work.
Since I just got this pin, it was my first time working on it. I had to take all three ramps out and a punch of other misc plastics just to clean and install the Titans. First time is always rough. A half bottle of Novus 1 later, it looks fantastic. Still needs a couple of plastics and some minor work on the ship.
I'm really liking this pin. Fast shooter, great sound (on a sub). At first I wasn't sure why it was rated so high, but after playing for a week...I'm starting to get it.

It is always easier replacing stuff the second time. I may not play ST for a while but when I get back to it, it is great!
Multiball is intense.

11 months later
#9148 3 years ago

My ST pro flipper buttons are harder to push in than my other 10 pins. I have LOTR and TSPP and their buttons are easy as my Williams and DE. The buttons are the same as the other pins. Nothing out of the ordinary in the cabinet. Are the flipper mechs different?

#9155 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Buttons and flipper mechs shouldn't have anything to do with each other in this circumstance. The buttons have a spring inside and push a leaf switch. Those are the two things you can check for your issue.

I guess the cabinet springs are stiffer. All my pin buttons are the same. Stock with internal springs.

2 weeks later
#9236 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I tightened it a bit. No difference. Maybe I will really crank it down later.

Get the Stern approved shaker from Pinball Life. They are perfect.

#9238 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah...the Pinball Life (or stock Stern shakers, though more $) are the way to go. Both Cointaker versions are awful. The Red Tremor is the most ridiculous thing ever. I like a strong shaker, but you are just asking for something to break using these, and they are a loud, unpleasant experience. Even their standard shaker runs at a faster RPM and just feels weird. With how cheap the PBL version is, there is really no reason to use anything different. They feel basically the same as the stock shaker. They work with the machine, rather than feel like they are trying to destroy the machine, LOL.

I have a standard PL shaker in my LOTR. I took the standard CT one out. I will be getting a Stern recommended shaker for my LZ premium to keep the warranty. It is only $20 more than the regular PL shaker.

3 weeks later
#9405 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

If I knew how to upsize a 23- 800 coil, I would order one to try.

23-700 is stronger. 23-600 even stronger. First number is wire gauge. Second number is wraps around coil.

#9407 3 years ago

Yes. Using the recommended coil in the manual is best.

2 weeks later
#9475 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Little shout out to Chris aka mr_tantrum for these flipper toppers, super cool guy who made sure the designs where exactly what I wanted and the quality is brilliant, highly recommend Chris and his flipper toppers.
[quoted image]

Chris does awesome mods.

3 weeks later
#9557 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

screw under the playfield? Or above? it seems to me the rubber may be the problem. will take a look

Screw is above.

#9559 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

ok thanks. will take a look

Mine has a #6 washer under the screw. A small rubber may work better though.

6 months later
#9877 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

where to buy star trek and metallica coin door stickers ?and chrome flipper buttons

I had chrome flipper buttons on my ST and the chrome eventually starts to peel off. Just saying!

#9881 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

yes,thats what I am trying to replace. Maybe I will try something else.

I have a refinery edition that had clear lit buttons. I took out the lights. Did not like them. Clear looks good. The flippers are also chrome plated. I chipped one putting on new rubber! Put that one on the top right side so I do not see the chip.

2 months later
#10014 2 years ago

I have a Stern Star Trek pro running 1.61 code. Is 1.62 worth putting in? Thanks.

#10017 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Personally, any time they change / fix modes, I think it is a must have. So I would say it is time to update.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/ST_PRO_162-readme.txt
V1.62 - June 5, 2018
=======================
- Fixed a presentation issue where solid shot lights in Destroy the Drill II were showing when they weren't available.
Now, all available shots blink including the roving 2X shot.
- Fixed an issue in Nero II where shots/lights were not being displayed correctly. This only occurred during multi-player games.
- Fixed an issue in Mode Select where mode select would not show up quickly between balls. This occurred during multi-player games.
- Fixed an issue in Kobayashi Maru where double scoring was timing out due to the presentation length of Kobayashi Maru.
- Fixed an issue in Kobayashi Maru where the background music was missing.
- Added sound FX and a longer light show presentation for the final shot in Kobayashi Maru.
- Fixed a problem if you Drill Down 3 deep in a mode, i.e play Destroy the Drill I, II, III. . When you get through the
last III mode, you could get robbed out of the second/third wizard mode (Enterprise Amok Multiball would not start,
and, if you made it to Five Year Mission, the game would instead start Enterprise Amok Multiball. After the last
wizard mode you couldn't start any modes for the rest of the game. It could also crash the game while in this state.
- Fixed an issue in Nero II where the shot count was not properly shown when interrupted by other modes/events.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Magnet to ignore the "disabled" adjustment.
- Added audit for total number of one, two, three, and four players games that have been played.
- Added USA_12 Coinage 1/$0.25, 5/$1.00
- Added Sweden_3 credit pricing 1 credit for 10 Kr.
- Updated Norway coin door to 1/5/10/20 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Updated Sweden coin door to 1/5/10/2 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Updated Sweden dip switch setting default to Sweden_3 pricing.
- Updated Switzerland dip switch setting default to Switzerland_3 pricing.
- Updated UK dip switch setting default to UK_4 pricing.
- Added China Dip Switch setting (28 00111000) and currency, pricing, overrides, redemption, tournament, novelty, etc setting.
- Fixed an issue with replay score computation.
- Added ticket dispenser type "TICKETLESS".
- Added ticket dispenser motor rest time between ticket dispenses (AD_TICKET_DISPENSER_REST_TIME_MS) - default is 0 ms.
- Added ticket dispenser retries (AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES) - if the ticket notch switch is not seen after a dispense, the system will retry
- AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES times to dispense a ticket before marking the ticket dispenser as "jammed". AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES default is 0.
- Fixed an issue where the ticket dispenser was still enabled after uninstalling redemption settings.
- Added timed game options to the redemption system.
- Added default redemption settings to the system for each country (DIP) install.

Thanks. I will do the update.

#10020 2 years ago

What is the procedure for updating code in a ST pro? I have the 1.62 code on a thumb drive. I put it in the pin and there are no prompts like when I have done LZ updates. Thanks.

1 month later
#10095 2 years ago

Is there a reason why sometimes I can't use the lit torpedos to shoot the Vengence? I push the action button and nothing happens. Later in the game they do fire. I am using the latest code. Thanks.

#10100 2 years ago

My torpedo lights are on and I can't fire. The button works and then it doesn't. Should not be a mechanical issue. I usually fire right away then later when there are more torpedos, they will not fire. A few minutes later they do fire.

#10104 2 years ago

Thanks for all the tips. I took the lockdown bar off and bent the leaves. Played a few games and it seems to be working properly now.

1 month later
#10149 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Quick question, the bulb in the spotlight on my right sling keeps falling out mid-play. I've tried adjusting the wiring on the physical bulb and bending the metal tabs in the socket closer together so it sits in there tighter. Does this happen to anyone else? How did you fix it? I'm at the point where I am going to bust out the hot glue gun.

I wrap a small piece of electrical tape around the base after bending the wires out. Then put the wires back. Has worked in a few of my pins.

2 months later
#10270 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Can anyone post how the wires to the upper right flipper are supposed to go?

20220529_090117 (resized).jpg20220529_090117 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#10370 1 year ago

I am interested in an alternate translite for my ST pro. Anyone deal with Ministry of Pinball? Thanks.

2 weeks later
#10382 1 year ago

Thanks to Ministry of Pinball. Less than two weeks to get this!

20221029_135748 (resized).jpg20221029_135748 (resized).jpg
#10386 1 year ago

It's just a pinball machine. They are all starships. Nobody said it is the Enterprise. It is way better than all those heads.

I am not anal about keeping everything all perfect.

Nobody playing this pin will ever notice or say anything about the translite other than it looks great.

#10393 1 year ago

There have been many episodes of Star Trek that have time travel.

All the ships from a certain time period may not have been seen or imagined yet.

Pinball machines are to be played not kept as museum pieces. Owners should do as they like to make them more enjoyable.

2 months later
#10452 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

In the club with a Star Trek Pro. Absolutely loving this game so far! This might just be my favorite pinball layout, and the sound and light show is great at home especially hooked up to an external sub.
Question for the other Pro owners, was the factory GI lighting all white or did they have some color GI mixed in in the slings, lanes, etc? Mine has a lot of blue and purple and I'd like to convert it back to factory. Thinking either cool white or sunlight Comet leds.
[quoted image]

I put in cool whites. Took out most of the blue and purple. Not sure if it was factory. Was too dark.

3 weeks later
#10492 1 year ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

In my Stern Star Trek Pro, I installed a Flipper Fidelity speaker set.
https://flipperfidelity.com/complete-8-speaker-set-for-stern-and-sega-machines/
I also installed a PINsub board to allow easy connection to an external subwoofer.
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/stern-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-sam-stern-kit

I also put FF in my ST pro. Great improvement.

5 months later
#10594 9 months ago
Quoted from DeadSkinMask:

Can someone please post a pick of the Playfield Power Interlock Switch on a Star Trek Pro?
There's 6 prongs on the Switch and only 4 plugs. Just wondering which ones are used?
Thanks

20230728_223724 (resized).jpg20230728_223724 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drummermike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=drummermike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.