Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bwalter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7252 5 years ago

Just joined the club with our NIB Star Trek Vault Premium. We love it! Don't have a ColorDMD installed yet but we'll get to that soon enough. Great game... all hail Steve Ritchie.

Still looking for a more thorough ruleset out there than what's on http://tiltforums.com/t/star-trek-wiki/456 (ie. what are the launch skill shots, how exactly are "Punch It!"s earned & what exactly do they do in various modes, etc.) but it's still an excellent start.

pin_trio_ST (resized).jpgpin_trio_ST (resized).jpg
#7282 5 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Nice! What is the difference from the vault premium and the premium?

I actually talked to Stern about this via email, and they stated there was no difference in production between the Vault Premium and the original run.

I had reached out to Stern directly because their own website's page for Star Trek Vault Premium showed a different kick-out for the left side lock, in multiple images, and so I thought perhaps that was changed for the Vault edition. Turns out those photos were of a non-production unit and needed to be removed.

They're still there, now, however, and you can see them here:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/StarTrek-LE-Detail-04.png
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/StarTrek-LE-Detail-09.png
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/StarTrek-LE-Detail-02.png

(My Vault Premium was built in November 2018 and has the original vertical half-loop kick-out like all the production Premiums out there.)

#7294 5 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Did they say why they are not using that style kick out shown in those photos?

No, they did not. I wouldn't really expect them to.

My guess? They took the marketing photos with a prototype late in development but before a point when it was decided the kickout into the left orbit "Warp" ramp wasn't reliable, and added the vertical half-loop kick-out as an 11th-hour fix. The production kick-out isn't 100% reliable, as is well-known, and the plastics/decals around it don't really blend into the overall style of the design, either... it all smacks of something that wasn't fully-baked.

1 week later
#7311 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Had my best game since getting STLE second time around. I’m not playing any specific strategy but this game was only playing level one missions. Got 3 complete on the first ball and started SJ on second so at that point I got to thinking 4th mode was basically done (even though I had just started it) and of surviving the next 2 modes. Of course I lost both balls without competing SJ.

I swear pinball machines do this on purpose... STDM the first two balls right after the Ball Saver ends, minimal points, then magically ball #3 gives you Best Game Ever™ and you poke deeper into the modes than ever before... or the first ball of the game is smokin' hot and you creep toward the high score table and BAM! #2 and #3 are duds. This is why machines have support for slam tilt.

3 weeks later
#7432 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I've always been torn on the Pro/Premium versions of this game. I owned a pro for about 6 months, always missed it so I am eventually going to buy a premium. It's hard to say whether it's worth the extra $$$. You get the light show, the ship just tips down to simulate it's defeated, kickback... not too much else.

The Premium's all-full-color-LED light show is *really* cool, though. I bought a NIB Premium only a few weeks ago, and don't regret it at all. The laser show for Klingon Multiball, too... so awesome.

4 years later
#10619 6 months ago

ST owners... how obnoxious is removing the Vengeance mech/assembly to get at the plastics underneath so I can replace the rubber rings with new silicone? I'm giving my Vault Premium a nice overhaul (it sat mostly-unused for a few years) and the top-lane area is all I have left.

#10623 6 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Look up my retired stern star trek popcap page via Google. The install instructions on my page has a step by step guide for removing the vengeance

Thank you for this. I found your instructions and they were perfect.

1 month later
#10655 5 months ago

Does anyone know how/where I can find out what the part # is for these rubber-ring posts with top-mount holes for the plastics' screws? I cannot find it in the manual that came with my Premium (2018 Vault build). I have one post in the pop bumper area that I accidentally sheared off a screw in and need to replace. They're all over the playfield but I cannot figure out a part number.

IMG_6215 (resized).jpegIMG_6215 (resized).jpegIMG_6216 (resized).jpegIMG_6216 (resized).jpeg
#10657 5 months ago

Oooh! It just might be. I’d been looking on Marco Specialities under parts tagged for the specific game without luck.

Thank you!

#10667 5 months ago

You were absolutely 100% correct. Thank you so much!

1 week later
#10686 4 months ago
Quoted from Gaumax:

Hi everybody,
Sorry to step into but I need your advice. I am an owner of a Stern Star Trek Pro (and ex owner of a STTNG)
I would like to replace my DMD by a Colord DMD (LCD or LED). I have read all the threads on the differences between the LCD and the LED. My "naturel" choice would go for the LCD (as it give the possibility to get other rendering modes including extra large dots and upscaling modes that fill the space between the dots). But some friends told me that the LED fits better for the Star Trek Pro. I looked in the web but have not found any video of the LCD in an enhanced mode (upscaling modes that fill the space between the dots) for instance). Would any body of you be kind enough to post a video of its Color DMD LCD. Any feedback is more than welcome !
Thanks a lot for your replies.
Stéphane

This is 1000% personal preference, all the way. It's possible to retrofit either LED or LCD kits into Star Trek (and most pins, really).

I personally prefer the LED screens, because I've never liked the look of the LCD DMDs. It's really that simple: I just don't like the way they look. Others do, though, so pick what you think looks better. You might have to look for examples on different pins for comparison, in case there isn't footage of both for Star Trek readily available.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.99
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 63.95
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bwalter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=bwalter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.