PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bonanza.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5130 7 years ago

Star Trek Premium is supposed to be on the way. I need to know what the essential mods are. And no I am not wading through 103 pages and 5115 posts of this thread to find them. So what are they and where do I get them?

#5136 7 years ago

Thank you gentlemen for the quick assistance. I will have to spend some time perusing all of these threads (as I break out my wallet to pay for these mods - curse you evil pinball modders!)

#5140 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

hey we provide a valuable service....otherwise you'd waste your money on women and cheap beer....or is it cheap women and beer.

cheap beer. Women are always expensive no matter how short the acquaintance.

but back to thread - never had NIB so this should be a new experience. Zitt's spreadsheet was very useful. I think on somethings I will have to wait until I get the machine and see it in person.

I do love this community. Ya'll know so much and willingly share it.

1 week later
#5159 7 years ago

Mine is supposed to be delivered on Friday.

#5191 7 years ago

Just got my premium, unboxed it, and played about 5 games. Totally awesome out of the box experience. Love it
Ramp shots, lighting, effects, toys, and sound are all great. Highly recommend this game.

#5215 7 years ago

there is something annoying about getting a new pin, inviting your friends over to share in your happiness and not being able to get a high score on your own machine because the douche bags are better than you are.

mental note to self - don't tell anyone you when you get a new machine. if anyone asks just say "oh yeah I've had that one for years"

1 week later
#5250 7 years ago

So I put several mods on the machine and now the vengeance lists to the players right. There is nothing binding and ship moves in all directions freely. The ship can be placed in a neutral position but after several hits it looks like this. any thoughts on fixing it?

Star_Trek_081_(resized).JPGStar_Trek_081_(resized).JPG

#5252 7 years ago

I installed several mods today on a Star Trek Premium. I have only minimal handy man skills and pinball knowledge. Zitts laser mod was fairly straight forward and easy so I did that first. It took a little less than an hour. I had to play the machine to make sure the laser was working as I never did find a diagnostic setting that made the laser light up. if anyone knows the magic sequence to hit in the service menu I'm all ears.

I decided to do Zitts aluminum pop bumper caps next. The mod itself is nice but it is a royal pain in the butt to get to 2 out of 3 of the pop bumpers. It was here I lost a few parts into the neither regions of the machine. Maybe placing paper or something at the very far end of the playfield so it can catch the parts would have been a good idea. Live and learn. The caps are flat so you really have to smash the LED lights down into the body of the bumpers. About 2.5 hours and I would say I was done.

Zitt did included the Vengeance nacelle mod where you cover up the blue lights in the engines with a piece of acrylic to diffuse the light. Included with the kits was some type of 2 part epoxy or glue. I put the part where the directions said to but the blue bulbs on my ship had to be smashed back to make it fit back on. If I was to do it again I'd put the little pieces of acrylic at the very end of the plastic engine and probably use some clear glue like E6000 that I am more familiar with.

Next I did Zitts warp ramp mod. Basically just replacing the light bulb. you do have to twist the light socket in the back to get the mod to the correct orientation. 5 minutes.

Finally I did Beatmaster's vengeance mod (Red). Probably less than an hour. Hardest part for me was figuring out the wiring and then figuring out how to test the lights. I think you can go into the service menu and test the vengeance flasher (31 I believe) and have it flash at you but at the end of a long day I just played the machine and it worked. I did look at his pictures he posted on his thread and while my connectors were not really located where his were there was only 1 connector that left the vengeance that looked like the picture so process of elimination at work there.

Kudos to both pinsiders for their modding efforts. All are very cool and enhance the game in my opinion.

Now if someone can tell me why my ship leans to the players right and how to correct that I'll be a happy camper.

1 week later
#5324 7 years ago

So I decided to make my own Star Trek Shooter rod and purchased these two items off Ebay

Limited 18k Gold Plated Star Trek Logo Metal Pin brooch prop badge communicator for $5 (75% off)
And
Star Trek UFP Starfleet Command Logo 1.25" Metal Pin- FREE S&H (STPI-SC01) for $12

Which one do you think would look better?

I have already flattened out the end of the black plastic on the rod and will cement one of them this weekend. Vote now!

2016-06-23_07.30.13_(resized).jpg2016-06-23_07.30.13_(resized).jpg

#5336 7 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

That pin on the left looks exactly like the Marco Specialities shooter rod knob.

Yes . . . . at a fraction of the cost. $12 for Ebay pin and $15 for the rod (from Marco by the way), a little belt sander, a little dremel tool and some E6000 glue. There is probably someone selling the pins cheaper on Ebay but I didn't do much research other than looking for something about 1 1/4" in diameter.

The pins, decals, patches etc all probably come out the same factory in China.

#5337 7 years ago

So I got 1 vote for each of them. You guys are not helping. I might have to go get a second $15 rod and do both.

#5361 7 years ago

I recently got a Star Trek Premium and I thought it had a shaker motor in it but that was not the case. Anyway, if you have one, installing a Stern "B" shaker motor was fairly simple. Holes and wires were already in the cabinet. Just follow the enclosed directions (that pinballlife included) and off to the races in under an hour.

Now there is a whole lotta shaking going on over here.

1 month later
#5457 7 years ago

For a Stern Star Trek Premium, what are you guys using for replacement rubber colors on the posts and flippers. Quick look on my game shows black is installed from the factory. Thinking blue on slings and posts and red on flippers maybe? Thoughts?

Also while I was looking at the Titan rubber data base 2 users had shown 2 x 3/4" rings while the manual shows 1 and 18 x 7/16" OD rings while the manual shows 17. Any idea whose correct - the users or the manual? Not that it's a big deal to order a new extras but curious.

#5459 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I used orange titans on the slings. They look great.

Orange? That wasn't even on my radar. post a pic?

#5477 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Sorry! Ok... not really. You didn't haveta buy that stuff.

says the crack dealer

Love my mods by the way

#5485 7 years ago
Quoted from rbissett:

To Shake or Not to Shake?
ST:Premium, does a shaker add much to the experience?

YES! Simple install. All the holes are already drilled. Screw it in and plug it up. $99 upgrade!
20 minutes if you are really slow and careful.

3 months later
#5681 7 years ago

not sure if this interests anyone but I'm posting it as an FYI

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/jgto/

3 years later
#8132 4 years ago

Just listed a Star Trek Premium for sale in NC. I'd love to show it to you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/91690

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bonanza.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=bonanza and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.