Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beatmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#953 10 years ago

i guess i'm gonna wait until i see what you come up with before making my own flasher kit for star trek.

i don't see any problems with copyrights if you make a translite no matter whats on it. like you said, it's not on a big scale.

but then again, i saw peoples who stopped doing small little things because some websites/copyrights owners are very hungry and will jump on anything to make a 50 cents. jealousy sometimes....

4 months later
#1512 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Here's a video of my ball flying off the left rail. It happens 3 times in the video. NOBODY else has this issue?....
» YouTube video

yep it did happens a few time. not much you can do, crazy flying ball.

#1538 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm hoping to put the translite together with a full decal package, I'm working on those now. New replacement speaker panel decal, all the apron decals including the shooter, the coin door, everything. Should make the whole thing feel stock and all tied together, like it came that way, and the print quality will be a lot higher quality than Stern's low rez line screens....

Can't wait to see what you will come up with.

4 weeks later
#1619 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not sure yet. It has blades, shaker, and vengeance mod now. Might put a sub in it. How does ST sound with a sub? Should I put it in ST over my IM?

my friend just installed a sub, he said it's night and day.

3 weeks later
#1705 9 years ago

thanks for the pics paul, looks good there.

2 months later
#2036 9 years ago

does anyone know all the awards from the black hole so far?

2 weeks later
#2217 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Horrible news!
Star Trek 3 Gets Fast & Furious Director Justin Lin

http://comicbook.com/2014/12/23/star-trek-3-gets-fast-furious-director-lin/

NO!.jpg 36 KB

horrible but fast.

Star Trek Warp Speed!

#2232 9 years ago
Quoted from Mottwally:

Think anyone will notice?

P9INCPh.jpg 317 KB

a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

#2244 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Big install afternoon today.. Thanks to my North American friends.

image.jpg 205 KB

cool, glad you received it, 8 days to get to australia, not bad.

3 weeks later
#2415 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

A couple of new modifications to my ST pro.
Flashers
First, I added two flashers to window in the pop-bumper area ( a la AC/DC). They are actually show in one or two of the schematics in the manual. I changed the flashers to blue. The effect is awesome. I also added the Vengeance LED mod Sold by Bob and installed the most robust Red Flasher tower sold by Cointaker (they offset each other well and also look fantastic in-game).
Kind of in the flasher realm...I also added the Refinery nebula mod. Gives the game great depth and life. Highly recommended.
Alt-translite and decals
Second, I added Aurich's alt-translite, speaker decal, etc. I didn't use all decals but they are all fantastic and easily usable. One note, I opted to use his Enterprise (non-target) spinner decal on the front of the spinner and left the sparkly decal on the back of the spinner. Visually it's the best of both worlds. In normal position, the spinner has a great Enterprise graphic. But, when hit, the spinner's sparkly side comes out (and looks almost stock). Very cool. The translite is absolutely stunning in person. A must have.
Enterprise
Third, I bought a Hallmark Enterprise from E-bay. Made an offer on one for about $50 and it was accepted. I grappled with how to mount it and whether or not I'd wire it up to the machine. Opted not to wire it...and then created my own mount. As you can see it's a piece of plexi glass that I cut to contour the bend in the right ramp. Drilled a hole so that the lower right ramp screw would hold it in place. Then I drilled a ship mounting hole in the plexiglass and a corresponding hole in the battery door. I mounted the door to the plexi with a small screw and nylon locknut. I made it tight enough to be secure but left just a smidgen of play so I could rotate the door out, attach it to the ship, and have access to the original screw that holds the door on the ship. Then I rotated it back into place...installed it in the game. And it (I think... ) looks great. I like the positioning over the ramp and shooter lane.
Just wanted to pass these along for anyone else that's been thinking about easy mods.

1.JPG 41 KB

2.JPG 44 KB

3.JPG 56 KB

i like where you installed your enterprise, didn't think of that place, looks good.

#2418 9 years ago

i was thinking of changing the one on the upper left ramp with a purple dome, i bought it just for that.

3 weeks later
#2608 9 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I'm getting a little better

Star Trek Scores 002.JPG 246 KB

Star Trek Scores 001.JPG 222 KB

hey we have the same hi score name, but not the same score

#2614 9 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Just wanted to show off my new translite

20150215_141036.jpg 259 KB

your kidding...right?

#2617 9 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

^ Well it wasn't actually a joke It was from a poster i had laying around. The price was right. (free) and I thought it was better looking than the original... oh well...

well, free is always good.
it's not that it's bad... for a minute there i thought it was a joke, sorry.

2 months later
#3146 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

YES!!! I have the blue on my Pro with a chrome apron and it looks GREAT!!!

shinny is always good

3 weeks later
#3239 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Got my first billion!
2X into KM ~ 160m
EA ~ 150m
Beat Vengeance 3 for the first time ~ 150m
Had 2 ball bonuses each ~ 100m+
Still didn't reach 5Y. Had 3 modes left. What an awesome game.
20150519_184452.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

damn, i'm gonna need to play a lot more, great score!

2 months later
#3617 8 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

I don't know why anyone would want to turn the Vengeance into Close Encounters Of The Third Kind. It's a Federation Star Ship not a UFO. Some mod's should never be made.

did you saw it in person? it's not even close to close encounters, know what you are talking about. but i do agree, some mod should never be done..... that red laser is pretty weak, how's your speaker lights?

it's not because YOU don't like the mod you have to bitch about it. yes i'm the one who made it... a lot.

*** love your thumb down *** that tells a lot.

#3626 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

When it comes to pinball and mods, some lines are allowed to be crossed to give the player and Overall game a grand effect and experience at the expense of realism. This is one of those mods; The pulsing lights around the vengeance give the player a more real effect that they're battling the vengeance that stern could not full heartedly deliver.

you took the words right out of my mouth.
i do understand that some mods are not for everyone or ''modders'' can't please everyone. there is a way of saying things, bitching is not one of them. if some don't like it, fine, i can agree with that.

1 month later
3 weeks later
#3976 8 years ago

yeah i'm gonna try that too, thanks Eskaybee.

1 week later
#4060 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

i am on the lookout for some nice instruction cards for ST:TNG. If anyone here would like to recommend me some i would be greatly appreciated

this guy, don't forget donation if you can. (scroll down)

http://www.pinballcards.com/Pinball-Cards/Page/8

1 month later
#4258 8 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

How much of the ST Pro playfield is covered in Mylar?
I have ball trails on the inlanes and outlanes. I picked up some Novus 2, microcloth towels, and Meguiars carnauba wax. I was going to give a careful and focused cleaning on the lanes and then wax this areas thus weekend.
So I was wondering just what the playfield is covered with and if I'm ok to do the Novus 2 and wax anyplace on said playfield.

playfield is covered with clear and small pieces of mylar in some areas.
i wouldn't use novus 2 for that kind of dirt (it's not deep enough) and will remove some shine, like captain kirk said, novus 1 for regular cleaning, regular carnauba wax is enough.

1 month later
#4550 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Some Pinsider in Europe was showing different ones he did and said they were $500.

oh man, now i'm gonna have to ask my brother in law for star trek stern.

5 months later
#5163 7 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Word of caution. When you install the vengeance beatmaster mod make sure the wires can move freely.
I must have had a restriction in mine. That caused the vengeance coil to short out blowing the F8 and requiring replacement of the coil.
This is not an easy job. Took almost 3 hours to remove it out of the machine. I have a coil on order and am not looking forward to putting it back in. It is ridiculous how hard some of the screws are to get to.

cautions are already included in the instructions.
i'll be glad to make it right and pay for that coil.

3 weeks later
#5338 7 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

So I got 1 vote for each of them. You guys are not helping. I might have to go get a second $15 rod and do both.

the one on the left will fit better and a better finish, you will scratch yourself with the one on the right.

1 week later
1 year later
#6105 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I have an Aurich translight for sale. Never opened. $75.00. Will donate to Pinside.

damn, that's a pretty good price, should go fast!

3 months later
1 week later
#6433 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

Any time that my Vengeance crashes, it stays crashed. When it’s time for it to come back up, it tries. However, it stays cashed. Anyone know how to rectify this? Thanks!

make sure no pulling or dragging from any wires coming from the vengeance.
also maybe this could help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-vengeance-down-wont-come-back-up#post-2313740

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-vengeance-mod-ship-nose-dives-and-doesnt-come-back-up#post-3632291

#6463 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I know this is kind of a fiddly ask, but can a premium or LE owner show how the wiring from the Vengeance is supposed to be run? Mine seems to hang up on something and rarely locks into full crash position. It already blew a transistor, so I pulled it out, verified all the coils are good, had the blown transistor replaced, even removed my interactive Vengeance light mod in case it was the issue, and no real change.

see post #6433 there are a few cases with the same issue.

4 months later
5 months later
#7094 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

does the vengeance mod go lights facing up or down?

hi, facing down.

** new batch will be ready this coming week **

1 month later
#7127 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Beam me up to the club!
Snagged this bad boy last night and boy is this a fun game! She's filthy, but she's all there and she plays well. After I strip her down, clean her, replace the balls, replace the rubbers, and replace #61 plastic under the vengeance, what else do I need to do?
I really like toys. I'm thinking about dropping in an enterprise and a Klingon bird of Prey if I can bring everything else up to 100%. Also debating getting an alternate translate. I'm looking into possibly getting a color DMD... Especially if they are transferrable between machines (still looking into this.
All in all this machine is a blast and it may be just that it's the newest machine in my 2 pin house, but I'm digging this one more than the AFMr SE sitting next to it.
I started a separate thread, but if anyone knows where to get a replacement decal for the left side of the back box or just a single replacement plastic (#61 under the backbox), please let me know.
Also, ordering rubbers today. If anyone recommends anything other than black please let me know.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

welcome to the club.
a blue vengeance mod is a nice addition to this game, pm me if interested, new batch coming up.

#7130 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

link to video of this mod anywhere?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-stern-vengeance-mod-chashing-leds

note. no chasing leds, only interactive. for whatever reason i was never able to change the title of the tread years ago.
in the end everybody wanted interactive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=dG33QBcAXXI

2 months later
#7331 5 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I bought it complete with 2 leds & bracket from Mazel. Now they only have the bracket since the toy is hard to find although there is currently one on eBay. My favorite mod is the Vengeance led ring by pinsider beatmaster. I originally thought I wanted the red, but ended up with the blue. Now that I have it I really like the blue.

thanks for the kind words.

** as of right now i only have 2 blue and 1 red left, for those interested just pm me. **

2 weeks later
#7410 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

So, last week I posted about my busted Warp Ramp Chase Light mod that I wanted to replace, but nobody had them. I got a hot tip for an led strip with chase baked in from here: https://www.oznium.com/flexible-led-strips/12v-scanning-led-strip#photos. It shipped fast and I was simply able to take the wires off the old one and solder them to this strip and success! Pictures below of the old and new strips. You can really see the difference.
Here's a video of them in action, along with many of the other mods I have installed. Unfortunately, it didn't capture the interactive Vengeance Visor mod or interactive custom backbox led board for Aurich's trans artwork in action.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Cool, nice game. i'm glad the tip on where to get it finally worked out for you.

2 months later
#7622 4 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-comprehensive-mod-list
My favorite installed is the beast master vengeance mod which is fantastic. Also the movie sounds game code is a must have.

beatmaster here.

thanks for the kind words.
just to let everybody know, i have another batch coming, red and blue.
if someone wants to be on the list just shoot me a pm.

thanks, bob.

4 months later
#7834 4 years ago

Next batch of Star Trek Vengeance mod coming for december, shoot me a pm if you want to be on the list.

right now i have one red available.

thanks everybody, bob.

#7850 4 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

right now i have one red available.
thanks everybody, bob.

Last red is now gone.

i have another batch coming so feel free to send me a pm to save your spot, best way to make sure you'll get one.

bob.

9 months later
#8659 3 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Soooo....did you just sand down the end of the shooter rod off to get it flat?

that's what i did for another game, works perfectly if the keychain or similar is the same size.

#8662 3 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Cool, thank you. What adhesive did you use? I have a new spare shooter rod and bought that pin on eBay a while back with intentions of doing this, just never got around to it.

i used clear epoxy 50/50.

just like hoby1 said start ruff but finish smooth, go easy.

Shooter rod installed (resized).JPGShooter rod installed (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 45.00
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 45.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
10,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus
Lighting
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 199.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beatmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=beatmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.