Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arthurrag.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7915 4 years ago

Hi,
New member, New owner. I just received me STTNG game, its awesome. Hopefully the people here will help me along.

IMG_5518 (resized).jpgIMG_5518 (resized).jpgIMG_5519 (resized).jpgIMG_5519 (resized).jpg
#7917 4 years ago

Thanks, Its exciting. For a while I worked on Pinballs at Betson but then moved on. I already have many things I want to do. Going to try to take it slow though. The pin was a gift from my kids.

#7947 4 years ago

Hi,
I am a new owner and have a question I hope someone can answer for me. I noticed that the diverter in the trough closest to the coil door was sticking. I did not check it through the test mode. I just manually moved it and it was very stiff. This was caused by old grease. Are these mechanisms supposed to get lubricated or just cleaned and operated dry?
Thanks
Art

#7949 4 years ago

Ok,
Thats what I thought but I wanted to be certain.
Thank you.
Art

#7959 4 years ago

Hi,
I have a problem and do not know where to go from here. When I start the game the balls start firing. The first two fire and stay wherever they go. After the third ball the left ball popper ejects the ball and it goes to the drain. I checked and cleaned the opto under the play field. I removed them and tested the two I could get at. One wasnt working until after I cleaned it. Now all the opto's, in test mode are closed.
It is like the machine is trying to load balls to specific locations to start the game but it is not seeing something that it needs. If I let it go this re-firing will go on.
I had a return lane (left) which was not responding but it was an adjustment so I fixed that. Yesterday I removed the diverter assy and cleaned the shaft and linkage. Maybe I did something while I was in there but I cannot find what.
I have been in electronics for a long time and worked on electro-mechanical systems but I am new to pinball systems. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Art

#7962 4 years ago

Thanks Mike I completed the solenoid test and it seemed every one was firing. I opened the play field and got off on a tangent of the Borg Lock. I could not find the target that fired the secondary lock release arm but it WAS firing so I went back to the diverter. The one I disassembled and cleaned yesterday was out of adjustment. The diverter arm was not completely clearing the lane. It must have moved from when I set it up. I re-adjusted and tightened the set screws tighter. Reset the game and it worked great.
Thank you very much for your help.
Art

#7969 4 years ago

I just put a Pinovators Headphone kit with the sub-woofer add on into my STTNG. Its great having the sub hooked in and a volume control on the front. Its a lot better with my grandson sleeping too with the headphones. Glad I installed it. I also put some Pinstadium lights in. Had a little trouble with them staying affixed to the sides. Probably my installation expertise. I called Scott from Pinstadium and he shipped me some new magnet strips free of charge. Can't beat that! They are holding on great now. Thanks to Pinstadium and Pinovators my machine is coming along. Now onto cleaning, waxing, new rubbers and balls.

IMG_5546 (resized).jpgIMG_5546 (resized).jpgIMG_5550 (resized).jpgIMG_5550 (resized).jpg
#7994 4 years ago

Hi,
I have a STTNG, '93 by williams. When I bought it there was already an LED upgrade done. Now it seems there is always a couple of lights out. I open it up and check them and usually removing and replacing the lamps fixes the issue. Does anyone else have this type of problem? Anyone have any suggestions to fix it? I have thought about removing each LED and slightly bending the lamp socket contacts in a little and trying to clean them but that could develop more problems then I already have. I am just looking for some insight into how I should handle it.
The game has a lot of add on mods, A borg, lighted Klingon BOP, enterprise, Romulan War Bird and Borg Ships. They all have their respective wires and are alligator clipped to different locations. I was thinking about installing some terminal strips for this purpose. One for GL, one for Flashers, and one for special connections. This way I would have a central location for all the connections. Again, There are so many here with years of hard earned experience and would like your opinions and thoughts on these ideas before I venture in. I am sure there are ramifications I have not thought about.
Thank you very much for your help.

#7997 4 years ago

Hey, thanks. That is exactly the type of sockets I have been having trouble with. When I get home I am going to take each one out and inspect it and align the contact wires like you suggest. That is likely the problem I am having. Thanks

1 week later
#8023 4 years ago

Hi,
Maybe this is a silly question but I'll ask it anyway. Is there anywhere to get out lane extenders, preferably metal ones?

#8025 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

This discussion group relates to 7 different Star Trek pinball machines. You need to start by specifying which one you are talking about!

Very good point, My apologies. I have a Star Trek The Next generation. I'll learn and please never hesitate to set me straight.

#8032 4 years ago

Thanks DaveH, They are sold out like everywhere else. I'm not sure from looking at them that they would really make much of a difference. Maybe I'm just not sure how they would exactly go on but they look pretty self explanatory.
Also trying to make an extension for my service switch on the STTNG. That way I can more easily see exactly when the display is showing with the deck raised. Just another project. Keeps me out of trouble.

1 week later
#8060 4 years ago

Hi,
I have a STTNG. I am trying to find out how to adjust the Gun Mark micro switches on the cannons. Does anyone know exactly what their position controls or how to properly adjust them?
Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 26.50
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marion, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arthurrag.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=arthurrag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.