PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PoMC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7379 5 years ago

Joined the club two days ago. Man! What an awesome, flowing, fast, fun pin!

My wife and I had only played it a handful of times over the years, but we remembered liking it. She loves it! Which is awesome because she really had fun on Aerosmith, and so did I, but I didn't want to deal with future mode board failures. Plus ST is much more my style of gameplay.
I have I LOT of catching up to do on this thread. Luckily my HUO Pro had many mods installed: Into Darkness Mirror/Vinyl blades; Bird of Prey LED'd ship; a bunch of cool Mezelmods, mini LCD screen (that I need to configure).

BUT, damn! Hands down the BEST mod I've ever installed on a pin is the custom movie soundtrack! Seriously! Thank you VERY much for everyone involved with making this available. I played two days on original 1.62 code before switching because I wanted to be aware of the difference.

Here's a video I took for anyone who hasn't yet tried it out.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RaKTYw8iF9fyT9fd6

PS: Connect a subwoofer, it sounds incredible!

#7381 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Also wanted to ask if anyone knew if it was still possible to buy the warp ramp chase lights kit anywhere. Mezel doesn't seem to have them anymore. Some of the leds have gone out on the one that I have. Wish there was/is a better option. Such a cool effect, but think it could be done better. Not even sure how to go about something like that.

The game I just bought has those chase lights installed, and also has a few sections of the strip out, so only 4 lights are working. I'm looking into finding a replacement strip, they look to be a cheap automotive 12v strip that I'd expect to find with a cigarette lighter adapter on the other end. The effect is very minimal though, but I appreciate every little bit coolness.

Side note, the prior owner also installed the Mezel drop target mod at one point, because I found it broken in half and included in the parts bag he gave me.

#7382 5 years ago

Has anyone installed the SparkyPinball mini LCD screen? Mine came with it installed, but it was never loaded with video. I downloaded movie and have the instructions to configure and load video - and I'll gladly share the file if anyone else wants to try it.

#7384 5 years ago

Here's a video I just took showing the mini LCD screen that I mounted over the Beta Quadrant ramp. This mod came with the game, but was not configured and was mounted in another location I didn't prefer.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VVX8ajHVpMWe4K9E6

I downloaded these two videos from Youtube and converted them for the screen. I prefer the clips slowed down instead of real time since you're never focusing on the screen and slowing it down at least lingers on some cool ships and effects. I wouldn't have bought this on my own, but I think it does look great over the ramp and just adds a little something extra with an LCD screen playing video.

#7386 5 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Those little screens are cool, I just don't understand the cost.... No one has figured out a way to AliExpress it complete for under $50?

To be fair, the game specific mods have game matching bezels/housings. But yeah, these screens are even cheap and accessible on eBay now.

#7394 5 years ago

New location for the little screen and I like it in this spot. Doesn't block any view and it's close enough to actually see the video if you look at it. Ramp location looked cool, but did block a little pop area view and was too far away to really see the video clearly.

20190319_155653 (resized).jpg20190319_155653 (resized).jpg
#7396 5 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Can anyone educate me on how to construct this cheaply? I can spray paint a nine cent plastic surround purple for it....

I'd be interested as well to use on other games. The video file configuration is no problem with the instructions provided on the sparkpinball.com site

It's certainly worth doing as an inexpensive DIY mod, but I wouldn't pay for a finished product.

#7414 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

So, last week I posted about my busted Warp Ramp Chase Light mod that I wanted to replace, but nobody had them. I got a hot tip for an led strip with chase baked in from here: https://www.oznium.com/flexible-led-strips/12v-scanning-led-strip#photos.

Thanks for posting this info. If only I thought to search for "scanning" instead of "chasing" or "chase". Back in the late 90s I used a Pep Boys "Knight Rider" scanning LED strip just like this for a MAME machine.

I'm ordering this and replacing the broken strip that was already installed!

#7416 5 years ago

It figures....having our local league over today and last night the upper opto on the Alpha ramp stopped working.

Before I dig into this, if I even have time this morning, anyone have this happen on their game? Looks like I'd need to remove the warp ramp to get down to the opto physically if needed. Any tips on that removal?

#7417 5 years ago

Found a wire broken off a trough switch after testing more this morning and seeing two balls being kicked out. Noticed other switches out on the playfield and looks like they're all on Q3 so will test that transistor and replace if needed.

#7419 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Found a wire broken off a trough switch after testing more this morning and seeing two balls being kicked out. Noticed other switches out on the playfield and looks like they're all on Q3 so will test that transistor and replace if needed.

I pulled the CPU board and Q3 seemed to test fine with the same value of the other transistors in that row. I'll triple check for a broken wire or whatever on those switches but didn't see anything before. Can I test anything else besides the Q3 transistor?

#7422 5 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Still getting to know the game. Read as I have a problem.. What lights the Shields On insert? They work in test mode. Are they a ball save? Out lanes only? I have a random problem with balls being kicked out after a ball drains. All of the trough switches work.
thx

The two Shields standup targets above the left in/out lanes will activate the virtual ball save. I have not figured out how to know if the shields ball saver has been activated though. Where is the Shields On insert?

#7424 5 years ago

Pro must be different, unless the VE added the insert. I just have the (T)rek insert over the left outlane.

#7429 5 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

unplug and twist the opt wires as much as you can without too much tension, for all the ramps and all optic sensors. sometimes unplugging and reinstalling works, twisting is common even in automotive wiring, keeps interference down, I think this was Sterns old fix for the issue twisting. also the plugs on the little optic boards become loose with all the solenoids firing especially with shaker motors.

Thanks for the tip. Turns out though I have switch row not working (Q3) and all these switches are on that row. Looking like the Q3 transistor needs to be replaced. I spoke with Stern support today and he told me how to test the switches via the board pins. None of those switching worked with pin jumpering, so even though the Q3 appeared to test fine, looks like it's the culprit.

#7441 5 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyRio:

Need guidance please. Have STpro running v1.61. Heard great things about the movie soundtrack version. Has that been incorporated into the v1.62 code? If so, where can I find it? If not, do I go with Stern's v1.62 code or convert to v1.61 with the movie soundtrack?

Yes, I recently got a Star Trek and installed 1.62 with movie soundtrack incorporated. There’s a thread about the soundtrack code. Jump to the last page or two and you’ll see the link to download. It was a game changer for me, totally immersive experience.

Edit. Here’s the thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-162/page/4

#7446 5 years ago

Yes, first one is the move music, not TOS.

#7455 5 years ago

My stainless steel speaker panel arrived yesterday. it looks stunning and my wife even commented on how fantastic it looks. Next I'll swapping out the blue t-molding with black because the blue looks so out of place.

Hope to have my CPU board back from a friend this week so I can return to playing it (which is why it's off in the pics). I only had the ColorDMD installed for a day before the Q3 transistor blew, so the color will still be brand new to me also.

20190402_182959 (resized).jpg20190402_182959 (resized).jpg20190402_183008 (resized).jpg20190402_183008 (resized).jpg
#7458 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Great. Now ya gotta get the blue EL paper behind the emblems and words Star Trek.

Nah, I'm not into lighting the speaker grill and speakers. I don't like any glare on the play field glass and I think that'll just throw some on there

#7472 5 years ago

If you have a ColorDMD installed, that might be the old DMD power cable that is no longer used.

Edit, didn't see the other two pics. Yeah, looks like it goes there, but not sure what that board is.

#7476 5 years ago

So I got my board back from a friend who replaced transistor Q3 for me. I still have that row of switches out. Makes sense since the transistor seemed to test fine, but I had it replaced anyway and I didn't want to do it because then I'd 2nd guess my work if it didn't fix it.

While watching Wrestlemania today I will thoroughly looks at each switch for an issue.

What else can I check? Since several optos are in this switch row and not working, if there was an opto issue, would it take out the entire row of switches?

#7477 5 years ago

Update, I didn't even need to wait until Wrestlemania to find out the problem. The problem was indeed Q3 on the CPU board.

Except I had Q3 on the power board replaced.

I spent 30 minutes thoroughly checking the green/orange wire, tracing it from switch to switch and up to the backbox. I doublechecked the connector when I noticed the small transistors in that area and immediately saw a Q3 there also. It had also been replaced before. I pulled the board and it tests bad, but I don't think I have those transistors on hand.

So, at least I know the problem and would've had it fixed if not for my bonehead mistake.

2 weeks later
#7492 5 years ago

Star Trek is back up and running! Parts order came today with the transistor I needed and now all switches are working.

Funny thing is, with Star Trek offline for a few weeks, Maverick became my favorite game.

5 months later
#7767 4 years ago

Planning on selling my Star Trek Pro so taking a few mods off first.

For sale, mini LCD screen with Stern power tap connector. MicroSD card is loaded with movie scenes.

$160 shipped (USA only)

IMG_1202 (resized).jpgIMG_1202 (resized).jpgIMG_1204 (resized).jpgIMG_1204 (resized).jpgIMG_1205 (resized).jpgIMG_1205 (resized).jpg
Added over 5 years ago:

Sold

1 year later
#9792 2 years ago

Bringing to Pinfest tomorrow a brand new, complete alternate artwork set for Stern Star Trek, made by Pinsider Aurich.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk/page/35#post-6413090

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PoMC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=PoMC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.